Page 384 of 590 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 384

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm going to leave out the protein powder. It still tastes delicious and is super filling.

Went out shopping and spent plenty of money! Got a fancy little kettle I've had my eye on for some time. It was marked down and I found a little chip on it, so he gave me another 15% off. I'm pretty happy with the price. It is $50 more on Amazon! Also got a little electric heater for the bathroom, a box of fatwood, a lot of esoteric food. I had to laugh at myself when I was putting the items in my shopping bag. I grew up eating mac and cheese from the blue box, Wonder bread, Welch's grape jelly. Oh yes, don't forget the margarine! Yikes.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like what I grew up on! I would skip breakfast, or eat a bowl of coco puffs with skim milk. Lunch at school was a bag of Land O Lakes lunch meat and a ding dong. In junior high I just ate a ding dong and milk. In high school I ate a crunchy granola bar and a root beer. Dinner was TV dinners (the ones in the foil tray), or something with pasta - either moms version of Goulash (ground beef, tomato soup and macaroni) or tuna casserole (tuna in water, egg noodles and a sauce made of flour, milk, S&P and the juice from the tuna). Sometimes she would make hamburgers, and very rarely baked salmon. I'd eat potatoes and corn only. I was an adult before I'd willingly eat anything green or leafy.

No wonder I was always sick and now have such a messed up digestive system. OYE!

Now I look at what I eat and I'm very impressed with myself!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Guess I grew up eating abnormally. I'd ask for a salad instead of FF when possible. I ate lingua, snails, clams, squid, octopus, and all kinds of veggies. Probably because by the time I was in 6th grade I'd lived in Texas, California, England, Italy, Massachusetts, and Tennessee.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

wow....... Army brat??

I lived in Dallas, Oregon (population 8000) from birth until I was 18. And in only 2 different houses.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Raytheon...
    Female 53

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Raytheon...
    ???? I'm stumped on that one.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Contracted with the government. My dad put in the computer guided missile systems. I grew up writing binary code for computers!
    Female 53

I grew up counting in base five, because my grandfather was a shepherd. The other end of the spectrum!

Woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. Don't like that at all! Didn't sleep enough, either.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just bottled up my latest batch of stock, which I made with chicken and lamb bones. I had never made stock with lamb bones and I was a little worried because the smell was frankly not too good. But the stock has turned out very well, tasty and rich.

Had a smoothie for breakfast. Coconut milk, coconut, a few cherries, chia seeds, baking chocolate (no sugar at all), avocado. How is that for healthy fats? Chia seeds are really weird - they absorb liquid and get kind of gelatinous. Good though.

Non-primal things:

I got some DVDs of a BBC show, MI5 at the library. I really like it, but it is too violent for me. Not exactly too violent, but the kind of disturbing violence that gets under my skin. I woke up in the night thinking about one of the particularly horrid scenes, and thought about it again this morning. I was planning on watching the whole series eventually, but it is going back to the library. Too many other things to do that won't disturb my psyche. I'm very particular about things like this. I've watched Skyfall a bazillion times, and that has violence up the wazoo, but it is the kind of cartoonish stuff that rolls off.

I called my mom last night to talk about JFK's assassination. She was annoyed with me and didn't want to talk about it. I sort of made her anyway. That was pretty mean of me, but there was stuff I remember that I needed to clarify. I was so young and often I don't know if something is a false memory or if it really happened. My memories are apparently accurate, although as usual my mom doesn't remember much about me specifically - I had five older siblings at the time and my mom never remembers anything about me. My sisters are a much better resource, but they weren't always around. They were all in school that day, although some of them had come home for lunch. (It was a different world.) But it is funny how these things stay in memory, bits and pieces. My mom said, "I don't remember what day of the week it was," and I immediately said, "It was a Friday." Don't know how I remembered that.

Had two cups of tea and the headache is gone. Must think about my caffeine consumption. I never notice that it makes me less sleepy, or jumpy or anything. It sort of just makes me feel normal.