Page 382 of 508 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5073

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 382

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Had a very nice dinner. Big salad with lots of interesting things - roasted red peppers, cucumber, avocado, dulse, onion, and leafy greens of course. Accompanied by a lovely steak and a glass of red wine.

Chicken drumsticks are all cooked and in the refrigerator. The crisping will occur before I eat them. Not all at once, of course.

Well, nothing else interesting to mention.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

Good morning on this lovely Veterans Day. Slept great and woke up hungry. I've gotten in the habit of drinking a glass of water with mineral drops and some lemon upon arising. I think I probably would absorb the minerals better with food, but as you can probably guess I get another effect that is not unpleasing. It's nice to get the business over and done with first thing. After my trip to the grocery yesterday I have found myself with a rather stupid amount of food. I think I will take some of the chicken legs to work and put them in the freezer there. I prepped the beef stew and it is ready for the slow cooker.

Gave myself a thorough and much-needed pedicure. Not so much the ten pretty little red semi-circles but lots of major buffing and trimming and sanding. Just another thing that happens when you get old - your feet get horny. I mean literally. And feet tell a great deal about a person's health and hygiene.

Pool is closed today but I really need to get outdoors anyway. A long walk is in order.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Gluten Summit is here! Michael Marsh, MD, DSC, FRCP: The Gluten Summit. You might want to skip to 1 hr 8 min when Dr. Marsh states that beer is okay!

The chicken legs turned out great! Also, I created a very gelatinous spicy broth as a byproduct. I put a couple of drums in the oven at 450 F for 15 minutes and they were perfect - very, very tender, warm all the way through and crispy skin on the outside. (This is after three hours on high in the crockpot yesterday.)

Thoroughly cleaned my grubby bathroom and tackled the living room, although I would not use the word "thorough" to describe my cleaning efforts. It is, however, less embarrassing.

Had a piece of gluten-free carrot cake. D@mn that bakery!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it funny how we blame the people/entity who lay the goodies before us?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Had a piece of gluten-free carrot cake. D@mn that bakery!
    I hate when they force your head in the oven and your hand in the mixer until eat their baked goods.

Actually, they follow me around and sneak the cake into my shopping cart while I am looking at vegetables!

Ate about 4 AM - beef stew - at work. Had a good sleep this morning and woke up hungry. How great it is to realize I have a fridge full of really good food! Had half a sweet potato with butter, three chicken drumsticks, and a banana with coconut milk, hemp seeds, and honey. Also a cup of tea with goat milk.

Cold today! Still haven't turned on the furnace, have the woodstove going. Choir tonight. I practiced for awhile last night and feel happy with where I am in learning the music at this point.

Choir was very good last night. All is coming along at a good pace, and we will not only be ready, we should 'peak' at the right time. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a very long, very black skirt at the thrift shop for $2, which makes me happy. I can wear black slacks, but most of the women wear skirts. I already have a nice white blouse so I am all set. I actually like the two blouses I have for choir, one with long sleeves and one short. I was surprised to receive compliments on these items, from men no less, on the occasions I have worn them. No one wears this type of garment any more, but it is quite flattering.

Must get ready to go swimming. I would really like to go for a hike, though. I wish the pool hours were different, but there is nothing I can do about that.

For breakfast I had lamb chops and peas. I had a can of peas that I bought when I did my failed food stamp experiment. (Actually on a personal level it was quite successful as I learned that rice gives me diarrhea and white potatoes turn right into brain fog.) I was shocked when I read the label and discovered a fair amount of sugar has been added! Why would anyone take lovely peas and add sugar? They are really sweet already! I rinsed them thoroughly and hopefully removed some of the sugar (also the nutrients, alas). I hardly ever eat peas although I like them very much. They're not really primal and I haven't researched them. I think they are legumes? Although I am guessing that green peas don't contain much in the way of anti-nutrients.

Kitties are all good. They are sleeping a lot and not eating too much. They are much smarter than I am. They are totally primal.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hope you had a lovely swim!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.