Page 380 of 591 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    Your good fortune, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

The smell is so wonderful. It is a good thing there are no patients in this wing at night!
    I don't know...the smell might be a good reviver.

Well, this is my second night with beef in the slow cooker! It was so successful last night that I prepped the rest and brought it in. Honestly, it is too bad I can't feed that patients; it would be so much better than the shite they are eating.

Crazy busy!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Green & Black's Maya Gold Chocolate is unbelievable!

Very proud of myself. I was really hungry and quite stressed. I had some beef stew and a large bowl of leafy greens with some vegetables I scavenged from the caf. Three squares of the aforementioned chocolate. I did not dive headfirst into a trough of sugar.

Having a lovely cup of Earl Grey.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I love Earl Grey so much.
    Did u read Mark's post on meditating?
    I always considered my bible reading each morning as meditating,
    but, for about a month now, I've done 30 minutes of yoga and meditation upon rising.
    It has been so wonderful..
    I've concentrated on the positive things in our world instead of worrying about all of the problems.
    Then I dunk my face in a bowl of ice water!! Eye opening, Sio.

Another note on the lamb, I don't know the guy you quoted as saying the US lamb was ok - we live right near the feedlots where there are thousands upon thousands of sheep all mired in poop. I have read other sources talking about the terrible quality of non grass fed lamb in the US as they are fed foods that are highly inappropriate for a sheep. I do know that we live near some of the heaviest concentration of lamb feedlots and there is no way I will eat lamb from the US unless I know it was raised on grass - and then it is even more expensive. If buying lamb here it is best to look for lamb from New Zealand as they don't do feedlots .... from what I have read. FWIW - just my thoughts on the sheep especially as you have been told that the lamb here is good
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

That is terrible, Coll! I only eat the local stuff, which is all family farm, or from New Zealand. We don't have any other kind available, at least that I have seen. But it is all $18-$20 a pound, yikes. So sad that apparently lambs can't be raised well without ending up costing a fortune. I've always found it weird that if you go to a restaurant around here, lobster is $25 when I know perfectly well the fishermen are getting $3 a pound.

It has always seemed to me that lamb should be a very good source of meat - sheep don't eat as much as cows and they often have twins. And lamb is a total nose to tail animal. But I'm not a farmer, I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I love Earl Grey so much.
    Did u read Mark's post on meditating?
    I always considered my bible reading each morning as meditating,
    but, for about a month now, I've done 30 minutes of yoga and meditation upon rising.
    It has been so wonderful..
    I've concentrated on the positive things in our world instead of worrying about all of the problems.
    Then I dunk my face in a bowl of ice water!! Eye opening, Sio.
    I did read that post and enjoyed it very much! I have been meditating for years, although I don't do it as much a regimen as just fitting it in whenever I can. It seems to me that it is a natural progression from prayer, although I know many people don't feel this way.

And Earl Grey is the best!

Saw this link on ecks's journal - Fat Head Followup - YouTube. Be sure to watch it! I actually cried a little. Seeing him on his own farm, his daughters growing up so healthy and strong - it makes me really happy.

Am on a bit of an egg eating binge. Had two eggs with some beef stew this morning and just had a three-egg omelet with some bacon. After having a meal before midnight, I didn't eat again at work and when I got home at 7:30 AM I was starved. Slept great with a full tummy.

Shop Now
    Due to my slow cooker work hijinks, I have more food after my work days than I did before. Awesome! The second batch of beef stew was better. Secret ingredient: tarragon.

Went to the pool and had a great swim and long sauna and shower. Too long. I was very overheated.