Page 375 of 590 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 375

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hah! Despite all of my snarky comments, I really enjoyed the whole Real Food Con and I can't believe I listened to all of it, some of it twice. I hope Sean replays the thyroid presentation, although I took copious notes. Each group is only available for 24 hours for free. Sunday is replay day, I think he picks the most popular four or something like that. Virtually all of the presenters are clearly very intelligent and reasoned people, and it makes me happy that such people are working to get everyone to eat REAL FOOD.

RE: the thyroid presentation. Although I just got a clean bill of health, I didn't have extensive thyroid testing and for some reason I am wondering about it. I guess because I feel it is underappreciated by everyone, including mainstream health providers. Orecchio says your temp on waking s/b > 97.4. I've taken my temp every day on waking (well, for me what passes as waking) and it has been 97.2 - 96.4. My resting pulse is in the low 50's. But this has always been so. I'm not going to run back to the doctor and ask for more tests, but I think I will keep an eye on this. I've always been on the 'low side' of everything - in fact when I was in school the nursing instructors used to borrow me for vitals. My blood pressure was routinely in the 90s with a low heart rate (frequently below 60) and temp in the 97s. They liked to test the students on someone who fell outside the norms. I used to think this was pretty cool but now I would rather just be normal. Not that it really makes any difference. But it surely won't hurt anything to follow some of her recommendations for diet. I have bought some dulce and am enjoying putting it on everything, and the epsom salt foot bath is really nice also.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, my beef stock is a bust - what a disappointment! It is not gelatinous at all, it is watery and tasteless. Tried to make egg drop soup this morning and it was horrible, despite boiling down the stock. Maybe I need to cook it at a higher temp? I had it on low, which is what the manufacturer recommends. Will try something different next time.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Breakfast turned out to be a fried egg on a bed of leafy greens with evoo and balsamic vinegar, one of my favorite meals for some odd reason.

Didn't go swimming this morning, not sure why not. I need to move around because the opera is this afternoon and too much sitting is not good.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Funny Siobhan, I have always had a low waking temp and my pulse rate has always been pretty low and my bp has also usually been pretty low. I never associated it with thyroid issues and even now the basic thyroid screening the doc did showed that my thyroid is fine. However, he believes my symptoms are thyroid and adrenal related so is treating it as if I have thyroid issues. I do hope they replay the thyroid talk as I would love to hear it...

Take a nice walk instead of your swim and breathe deep of the air that is chlorine free and enjoy your opera this afternoon! Sounds lovely, I hope the opera is really good!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I left an assignment for you on Pebbles thread. Due date: Halloween.

Am leaning towards normavita.

Ended up working until midnight due to a coworkers illness. She gets migraines. Am dying to talk to her about giving up grains but of course I can't.

The final day of Real Food Con was pretty spectacular! Nora Gedgaudas is brilliant. Listened to her talk twice.

Here are the encores: Real Food Con Event | Real Food Con. And yes, the thyroid talk is there. Must listen again and take even more copious notes. My HR was in the mid-60's this morning and temp was 97.6, woot! Did that have something to do with my going to sleep at 1:30 AM and waking at 9:30 AM?

Put some highlights in my hair and am very pleased with the result. Cost: $10.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Ended up working until midnight due to a coworkers illness. She gets migraines. Am dying to talk to her about giving up grains but of course I can't.

The final day of Real Food Con was pretty spectacular! Nora Gedgaudas is brilliant. Listened to her talk twice.

Here are the encores: Real Food Con Event | Real Food Con. And yes, the thyroid talk is there. Must listen again and take even more copious notes. My HR was in the mid-60's this morning and temp was 97.6, woot! Did that have something to do with my going to sleep at 1:30 AM and waking at 9:30 AM?

Put some highlights in my hair and am very pleased with the result. Cost: $10.
    My friend gets really bad migraines, along with: joint pain, dizziness after intense exercise, and bad period pains. She's only 16, and very slim. Her diet is mostly pasta and sandwiches. Her doctors don't know what's wrong with her joints, apparently. I've told her about gluten intolerance and asked her to try 30 days without bread/pasta, to ease some pain; she says she doesn't want to. I'm sure shed be much better if she ate more protein, fat, and fruit; but I can't force her. :/

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!
    Exactly. Still frustrating though

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    I'm not an emo, I swear