Page 374 of 590 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 374

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I remember those days/ nights so well.... alternating crisis and frenzied activity with boredom. I have to confess that I really don't miss those days at all. I think I got my full quota of excitement in those years! Constant adrenalin rush - I worked in casualty / ER on night shift for a number of years, ICU for quite a few and labour and delivery. Most of those places are either boring or WAY too exciting! Add to that the political climate and the crime rates and suffice it to say that I don't ever intend working in that kind of environment again! I enjoyed it while there, but realized once I was done, that there were some pretty traumatic things that will probably haunt me the rest of my life ... Kudo's to you Siobhan and I hope the wildness settles down somewhat. And no I am not mad about sharing the link to my shop - just a little embarrassed
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I love your rocks! They are wonderful!

Here I am back at work...wish me luck!

Dinner was smorgasboard. Olives, baba ganoush, grapes, sunflower seeds, bell pepper.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Listening to the Real Food Con for the fourth day and enjoying all the presentations. I really like the science presentations, the food/cooking lessons are a bit wacky. Why do the men dress like chefs and the women dress like they are taking time out from their exotic dancing careers? That stuff freaks me out and distracts me. If I was going to give a cooking demo, I would wear either very plain chef-type garments or some kind of funky paleo t-shirt. I wouldn't have waves of hair all over the place, six pounds of cosmetics, or any cleavage showing. But that's just me, and come to think of it, no one is asking me to do a cooking demo.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Jonathan Bailor's presentation "Eating more and exercising less to burn fat and boost health" is really terrific. Real Food - Jonathan Bailor | Real Food Con I highly recommend it if you have time.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Jonathan Bailor's presentation "Eating more and exercising less to burn fat and boost health" is really terrific. Real Food - Jonathan Bailor | Real Food Con I highly recommend it if you have time.
    Great podcast. Took notes and signed up at thebailorgtoup.com. Thanks Sio.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Someone posted this a while ago on some other forum, but I never got round to watching it. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Woke up very early full of energy and wide awake. My three nights are done, yay! Been listening to the Real Food Con and working in my kitchen. Strained my beef broth that has been in the slow cooker for 3 days. Made a paleo pizza that was mostly veg. Had a banana with coconut milk, hemp seeds, and a little honey. That is my current favorite treat. I don't feel bad about it because it has a lot of nutrition. My eating has been really clean and I have not had sugar cravings.

My activity level has gone way down without my FitBit! Hmmm.

I know this is my imagination, but my fingernails grow so fast I can't keep up with them.

Didn't mean to do a lot of cooking today but I guess I did. Made up a double batch of paleo bread dough and put it in the fridge. Defatted the bone broth and divvied it up. Had chicken and avocado for dinner. Hmmm, that doesn't sound like much cooking at all. Lots of washing up though!

I'm watching Skyfall for the twentieth time. Daniel Craig has just about the most amazing body ever. Is he half leopard?

The food presentation in the Real Food Con today was especially lame. A juicer? Really? No, actually I never actually did wonder to do with my fruit pulp. I normally consume it when I eat the fruit. She also uses a big food processor and a blender that is maybe ten times more powerful than mine. And she has the obligatory massive waves of hair all over. Sorry, I'm not eating anything from her kitchen. She probably lets her cats walk on the counter.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am with you on the waves of hair and cleavage falling all over the place No thanks! I tried watching some of the podcasts that you had links to, but I guess you have to pay to get on to listen once the initial listening period is over?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Sorry, I'm not eating anything from her kitchen.

HAHAHAHAHAH

I agree with your assessment. However, the sweet potato bacon latke sounded great, I may try that out. In my own kitchen, thank you very much.