Page 371 of 590 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 371

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Charted my food and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm at 100g carb for the day, but lacking in protein and fat. That is really no surprise. Maybe dinner will be a can of tuna with olive oil and some spices. Have been drinking more booch the last couple of days because I realized that I can. Not feeling terribly well. Maybe just tired and have had major stress on several fronts lately. I feel kind of flu-ish, although I know that I am not getting the flu. But I am achy all over, very tired, brain is foggy, no energy. Still having the aforementioned sluggishness of the bowels.

Time to listen to some jazz.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Anyone here follow Sean Croxton at Underground Wellness? He's got a summit coming up, all about food. Check it out: Underground Wellness - Holistic Health and Nutrition Information - Protandim Review. Free! I'm going to listen to as much of it as I can.
    I had a look at that, looks to me like it's a paid access event this time. Did I get the wrong page? I did just download the free cookbook preview, some good looking recipes there.

And no guilt needed for your pizzas. They sound great!

edit: Oh wait, nevermind what I said above. Just read the email that says all 4 of tomorrow's presentations are online free for 24 hrs.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-19-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Yep, each day the presentations will be free for 24 hours. I figure I won't even be interested in all four of them so I can watch the ones I like with no problem.

In the intro video, Blondie presented five things no paleo kitchen should be without; I have four of them and the fifth I have no intention of getting (almond flour - too many PUFAs and too expensive).

To be honest, the pizzas are great.

Having some kind of allergic reaction. My left eye is almost swollen shut and I've gone through half a box of tissues. Luckily the itchiness has subsided. I took a Claritin, but I think there is a Benadryl in my future. Don't really want to go to bed yet! Damn, and I was having such a nice evening. Talked on the phone to a friend, listening to jazz, and reading Hemingway's The Old Man and the The Sea. Well, I can still have a nice evening - it will just be through one eye and with lots of sniffles.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 10-19-2013 at 05:44 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I hate to say it, but...could it be too much booch?

I don't think I've had too much - I have just had one a day. But I think I have figured it out - it was so obvious. The book. The Old Man and the Sea, a very old library copy. When I got up this morning and saw it lying on the table, it was a 'DUH" moment.

Thanks to the Benadryl, had a kind of weird night - that kind of groggy, drugged half sleep for most of the night. I look like hell this morning, but the reaction is over. Beautiful day, and I need to get out and enjoy it.

Horrors, I think my redneck tennis racket is broken! Must get another post haste!

Not sure this link will work, (and it is only good for 24 hours) but there is a lot of good info here about the thyroid and other stuff too: https://realfoodcon.com/christa-orecchio/. I really like her take on making changes in your life. Add in the good stuff and the bad stuff will fall away. Instead of approaching changes as "I have to give this up, I have to deprive myself," take it from a positive perspective.

Just finishing up Abel James's presentation, really good stuff. A lot of this is familiar territory to experienced primal/paleo folk, but it seems there is always one takeaway - and the takeaway here is to experiment and do what works for you, even if it against either CW or paleo thinking. For instance, olive oil may not agree with you. If you're not completely happy with your diet and looking for tweaks, look at EVERYTHING even if it is something that is universally considered good.

Had a good day. Went swimming - the Y is open on Sunday now. Woot! Did some sprinting. It's really fun to do HIIT in the pool but it is a little scary when the inevitable nausea kicks in. I've never pushed myself so hard that I actually puke but no way am I going to do it in the pool. Went for a long walk also and threw in a bit of jogging. I break into a run when I'm going uphill. My theory is that when I run uphill I automatically run more on the front of my feet, and this will keep me from heel striking. I'm just wearing my Merrill Pace Gloves or my cheapo sneaks with very thin soles.

Dinner was paleo pizza piled with onions and olives (my fave combo from way back), tomato sauce, very little cheese. Also made some baba ganoush since I have been craving it for awhile. Ate that with bell peppers. Nom nom nom.

Listened to all of the Underground Wellness shows, even the pregnancy one. It was really interesting even though that is not an option and obviously I am not raising kids. To some extent, nutrition is nutrition.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I listened to 3 of them, still have the duck cooking podcast left. I'm surely not interested in more kids either, but some interesting stuff there. Whenever I've listened to similar podcasts about this stuff, I have many regrets about how I fed my kids when they were small. I did what I thought was the best at the time, but now I know better. As with everything in life, I suppose.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So true, if I knew then what I know now...

I watched the duck cooking but didn't get inspired by it, don't know why. I should make my own chopped liver, but I don't see myself doing that any time soon.

Although my thyroid is completely normal (I just had it checked and I have no symptoms) I was very interested in that video. It's one of those things can happen to anyone at any time, although I don't lose sleep over it. But I know that it can go undiagnosed for a long time and then unraveling the problems can take years. I think a fair number of people here on the forum may have thyroid problems and things like IF and VLC are totally wrong for them. Something for me to keep in mind when I am doling out advice.

I often thank my lucky stars that I've never had the will or the willpower to do extreme dieting or deprive myself of anything for very long. I think my lack of willpower is the only thing that has kept me relatively healthy all these years. I saw my sisters and friends starve themselves, take diet pills, extreme fasting, low-calorie, bulemia, etc. over the years. My college roommate tried in vain to teach me to make myself throw up - I never could do that. Still can't. Whenever I tried to be vegetarian or vegan or diet I would end up snarfing down a big steak with all the sides.

Last night Oboe brought me an offering of grass that he pulled out of the flat I grow for the cats. I woke up with a big bunch of grass in front of my face.