Page 369 of 590 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 369

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been meaning to do this for some time - several months ago someone here recommended I purchase a Redneck Tennis Racket for dispatching unwanted insects. I did so and it has practically changed my life! Thank you! I just dispatched a very large flying thing and an enormous spider with no trouble at all. Yes, I know spiders are often beneficial. I also know they bite and the bites are very painful. The rule in my home is: Spiders, if you want to live, either go outside or stay well out of my sight.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just got back from choir. The last two rehearsals have been very good, much better than that tedious night that lives in our memory. We were talking about it at break tonight. I wasn't the only one who almost fell off my chair in boredom! We are really coming along and the concert will be great. A few people at work have said they are going to come, I hope they do.

Worked up a powerful hunger and came home to tuna wrapped in seaweed. One of my favorite meals. I wish the seaweed package told how much iodine it contains. Also had some rice crackers with butter. I think butter is my favorite food.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE my redneck tennis racket I am even brave enough to deal with wasps on my own now. I have a thing about flying stinging things - in SA they are usually really aggressive and I am a bit paranoid about it. Somehow I get such a thrill when I hit something with that zapper and it is finished in one flash! Awesome!

I enjoyed your poem - lovely! And I enjoy hearing about your thoughts on Maine! Which areas of Maine do you like the most? How long have you lived there now ... approximately anyway. Sorry, not being nosy - just intrigued. Maine just sounds really interesting to us and you keep rubbing it in LOL
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Things that fly...things that move really fast...things that are too big to kill with one swat of a shoe...get yourself a Redneck Tennis Racket. I'm going to get a spare in case this one decides not to work.

I've been in Maine for 3 1/2 years now. The coastal areas are my favorite because I'm an ocean girl. I love all these peninsulas that have their own character and history, and are much less changed than anywhere else I know of in this country. The Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park area is also wonderful. I like the international character that you find there. People come from all over the world to visit Acadia. It is, however, much cheaper to live inland and if I had half a brain I would get a job/life/home away from the coast. But I'm not rational that way. When I came here, I had a thought for creating a small homestead/hobby farm which is very doable here. But the amount of work is too daunting for me at this point in my life. Although there are several women at work who homestead all by themselves - I am in awe of them. One nurse has 28 llamas and 14 beehives. Astounding.

Indulged myself this morning and made eggs with roasted red pepper, bacon, and paleo flatbread. Really hit the spot!

Went swimming and did some errands. Made myself a very, very decadent lunch. Pizza! Wanted to use up the last of the paleo bread I made two weeks ago. It keeps really well, but I'm not sure exactly how long. I put onions, olives, fresh mozzarella (locally made) and tomatoes. Delicious! Rather lacking in protein, though. I'll be sure to get some later on.

Horrible dreams! Not as bad as the other night, but bad enough. I don't remember them now, thankfully. Must find some pattern and break it. One factor is the hot flashes that I start having towards morning.

Have my yearly physical this morning. I like my doctor well enough even though he is CW. It would be nice to have a paleo doc but unless I want to drive for three hours that won't happen. At this point, knock wood, I don't really need any doctor. I already have my cholesterol numbers and blood panel, all is good there.

The felines continue to dominate my home life. They are so much fun. I don't know how they think up new stuff every day to get into.

My kombucha consumption has fallen off, with the result that my latest batch fermented for over two weeks. Very tart, but not too tart for me. I still have enough left to get me through at least a week, so the new batch will have time to age. I might drink less in the cooler weather, and therefore should reduce the amount that I brew. I brew an awful lot for one person - two gallon containers, which of course don't actually produce a gallon each but more like 2/3 to 3/4 gallon per brewing. I am looking forward to having booch that has a bit of age on it and now that I have plenty I don't have to agonize over the consumption of each bottle.

On a completely different subject, the War of the Wart has resumed and I am winning. After a few pain-free days, I once again felt like I was stepping on a small stone, although not nearly as bad as before. I started treatment again and everything looks very promising. I think I will have most of it gone in a week, and then will probably need one more round. D@mn thing is much larger than it looks and very deep. It hurts when I first get up in the morning, quite tender, but after I have walked a bit it doesn't hurt at all.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Can you heat kombucha for consumption in the winter or would hot kombucha boil out good bacteria?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I'm pretty sure it would kill the good bacteria. Kombucha is very good at room temp, though. In fact I often drink it at room temp.

Big news! My doc is paleo! He is raising his kids paleo! Totally on board with the whole thing. I was in shock. We had a long talk and it was so cool to actually talk to another person who is really up on all this. And he told me that I am disgustingly healthy and to just keep doing what I'm doing.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic news on the paleo doc! Great validation for sticking with what you know works.

I've been having some weird dreams, also related to the end of the night hot flashes. Been off the dong quai for the past couple of days, but keeping up with the black cohosh.