Page 368 of 590 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 368

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here is a poem I wrote last night. It is the first draft.

Memory

Do the seasons remember their history?
    Do the days and nights remember their own passing?
    Does the oak tree remember its sapling self?
    Or the pine its inching toward sun and stars?

Does the squirrel remember last autumn's gathering?
    Does the cardinal remember the snow?

Does the air remember the seasons?
    Does the night remember the moon?

Does the garden remember the flowers of spring?
    Does the evergreen remember that it has always been so?

Are we the memory? Is that our reason?

Heaven may be very different than we expect.
    Perhaps we will only have to answer: "What do you remember?"
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Had a pretty good day considering. Went to a large craft show, didn't buy anything. Saw a very charming exhibit of old salt and pepper shakers, several of which I own! Long, long walk in the trails connecting to the botanic garden, and in the garden itself. Got in my steps early so that I can charge my FitBit. Got a catnip toy for the felines. They looooovvvve it.

Had a sausage and an apple. Lunch was pork and squash. No breakfast.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Feeling a little better this evening. Situation will not be resolved for 10 days, but I have mostly done my part. I just want it to be over so I can put it behind me. Sometimes I am such an idiot.

I was browsing around the dollar store today. They have a Samsung LG for $79 and the monthly fee for unlimited text, talk, web is $50 a month. Seems too good to be true. I couldn't find anyone to talk to about it. Around here we are fairly limited and don't the mobile phone companies know it! I've never seen anything for less than $70 a month and that is not even unlimited. In fact usage is extremely limited. You can listen to maybe one hour of music per month without totally blowing your plan. Forget about watching video. Hmmm. Will definitely check into this.

Not tired at all. I've gotten used to being up late, and since I work tomorrow night it seems a bit of a waste to go to bed. I do want to swim, though.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    In the scheme of things 10 days is doable. Just keep praying and deep breathing and you will make it through!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Now I want carnitas!

The good part about being away for a few days is you have all this fun stuff to read when you get back. Glad you are heading towards a resolution on your thing.

Glad you are back, Sabine! And thanks to both of you for the good thoughts.

Yesterday I bought a book Forest Trees of Maine. I opened it last night and was surprised to find that it is very interesting to read. I thought it was strictly for ID of trees, but it has a lot of little historical tidbits sprinkled throughout, and is written in a clear and accessible style. This morning I went out on my first tree ID trip. My tree friends are boxelder and red oak and white spruce. I have a long way to go in learning this, however. I need to read over the glossary several times as I don't understand the terms. They seem straightforward but when you are standing in front of a tree, things don't seem so straightforward. Don't you think it would be the other way around?

Was all set to swim and got to the Y and...it's Columbus Day. Bah. Closed. Did go to the grocery store and scored a very, very large beef roast for a very good price. Would you believe $10 for a 4-lb. roast? Love those sell-by dates. Also printed some pics from my thumb drive. I'm very old school - I hate looking at pics on cellphones. I like real photos.

Another beautiful day - we have had a very long stretch of lovely warm sunny days. Having lived in many places, I am continually surprised at Maine's climate. It is harsh, no doubt, but compared to many places it is very pleasant. We have a lot of sunny days that are not hot, lots of fresh air, beauty just about everywhere. After being roasted in hot climates and turned into a mushroom in dreary climates and frozen in Midwestern climates, I am really enjoying Maine. It is very different than I imagined.

Made sticky rice with mango. Used this recipe as a guide: Thai Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango (Khao Neeo Mamuang) Recipe - Allrecipes.com. Of course I did not use sugar, I put a bit of honey in the rice along with coconut milk. Very, very tasty.

One thing that came out of my aborted food stamp experiment is that I am eating rice fairly regularly. Surely saves on grocery bills. I'm just eating ordinary extra cheap white rice. Not very much, of course. Half a cup a day (cooked) at most.

Not having as much luck with white potatoes. Eating potatoes just seems to make me hungrier. I can eat small amounts added into something else, but that is all.

Big roast is all ready to go into the slow cooker when I leave for work this evening. I should come home to the smell of nirvana.

Slept in the afternoon and was completely unhungry when I got up. Also I was quite busy with this and that and the next thing I knew it was almost time to leave for work and I was hungry. I had a container of rice handy - heated it up, put butter and fish sauce on it - yum. When I got to work I ate a banana. Very carb-y, yes, but I'm okay with it. All safe carbs and I am very active today. Also, I don't plan on eating sticky rice all of the time! Although I would if I could!

Busy busy tonight, which is good. I'm earning my keep and that makes me happy and also feeling a little more secure.

Busy night! Forgot my FitBit sync dongle and charger, darn it all. Also brought the wrong music folder. Not that I have much time for such things.

Hot flashes are back in full force. Ugh.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Was quite busy last night, lots of running around. Not a great night, though. I am such a freak at work. The junk food I am surrounded with...a couple of people have made it their business to watch what I eat. Don't worry, I can stand up to bullies. In fact, they should fear ME. But I don't like unpleasantness. Apparently I am a freak because I eat organic carrots and grapes instead of chips and M&Ms. What a sad statement about our society, and about the standard in a hospital of all places.

The carrots and grapes were great, though. One of the local farms grows REAL baby carrots, not the 'baby cut' carrots you usually find the grocery store, which are great woody things chopped into more attractive shape. And one of my co-workers brought grapes from his backyard that were planted years ago by an Italian immigrant who wanted to make wine. Delicious things, they tasted like candy except they were quite acidic.