Page 365 of 590 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 365

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Charged the FitBit for awhile although it still had plenty of charge and now it seems to be working fine. Whew.

Breakfast was roasted red peppers scrambled with two eggs and a piece of paleo bread. Packing lunch as I am off for a long day of opera.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well, my FitBit died AGAIN and so I went the website and did some troubleshooting. As you might guess, I simply reset it. So far so good. I'm not too worried because I have a warranty in addition to the manufacturers warranty. In fact, if it is going to die I would prefer it do so now and I will just get another. But maybe it will be okay now.

Today was not an active day at all, much too much sitting. I went to the opera livecast and fell asleep a couple of times. This production is not what I expect from the Met. Drab, unfocused, poor pacing, no real dynamics. The costumes look like they bought them at Target and they had all the women in these horrible bustles that made them look like cows. Seriously. If I was a star soprano, I would have flat out refused to wear anything that nasty. The music was, however, wonderful. And there is nothing wrong with anyone's voice. Just the production was a bust.

I've eaten way too much sugar. Had four coconut macaroons! There is a little bakery that makes really excellent ones, gluten-free of course.

In a bit of a funk, or a snit, or something. Don't want to go to church tomorrow. Maybe I will go to a different church.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I guess I sent my funk from yesterday to you! I've got making macaroons on my to do list. You've been debating a different church, try one and see. You can always go back.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I think I am going to go to the Society of Friends. Have always wanted to go. Should be something different.

I think I have discovered the source of my funk and it can be expressed in one word: HORMONES. I've had some minor skin problems, some almost-hot flashes, have felt uncomfortable and bloated for a couple of days despite eating clean....hmmmmm....

I have restarted taking the New Chapter herbal mixture and Vitamin E. Hopefully that will help.

Had bacon and eggs this morning, nom nom nom. Was woken by the cats very early because of some hubbub on the balcony. I have been sleeping with the French doors open despite the nighttime chill because they love it so - they sit there all night, transfixed by dark goings-on that I can't see. I just wrap myself up like a burrito in blankets and we're all happy. I don't know what was there this morning at 4 AM - could have been an insect, could have been a raccoon - but there was major activity, howling, thumping. The doors got shut but I was wide awake and hungry. Lit a fire in the woodstove, rather an indulgence as it is not really cold.

Took my wart patch off as it was time to change it and was disturbed to find that it had shifted. I should have checked it! The good thing is that I think it shifted only recently and spent most of the time doing what it should be doing. I got smarter this time, soaked it and scrubbed it thoroughly, then put on a new patch, outlined it with a Sharpie and put a Tegaderm over it. I'll keep a better eye on it because I really, really want to get rid of this thing as soon as possible, and obviously I don't want to damage healthy skin.

Decided not to go to any church this morning. Am watching Nova, which is about Hurricane Sandy. I didn't know it was actually two storms - a nor'easter joined it. No wonder it was so powerful. Water! Mother Nature!

Took Oboe to get blessed at the Blessing of the Animals. He was the only cat! He was very good. We got there early and sat in the car. I took him out of the carrier and he sat on my lap and looked around like the world was new. It was so fun to watch him. He behaved very well even though an overly friendly St. Bernard and two rambunctious little boys tried to make him their BFF. When we got home, I gave him a whole can of Fancy Feast. He is sleeping it off right now!

Went on a long walk. It is overcast and cool. The woods reminded me of Blair Witch Project, especially because someone is building little wigwams all over the place.

Ah, the weekend is over, and those with real lives will return to the forum and perhaps read the musings of One Who Lives With Cats, and spent the weekend trying to discover The Meaning of Life through Dialectic With Cats and found the response of said cats to be enigmatic at best.

Barring such answers, I have decided to tackle the issue of dairy head on. The problem with dairy is that it is a complex substance with a couple of different issues. Is casein the problem? Or lactose? Or something else I don't even know about? The reality is something I have denied for years. My morning cup of tea or joe with a splash of milk gives me a slight headache. I have experimented with cream, with coconut milk. Trouble is that I don't like either of those. Butter and coconut oil are nice, but they just don't do it for me. Not alone. So I'm tackling this from the other end. Possibly get rid of the black tea and coffee. Starting my day without a hot drink is unthinkable, however. So - experimenting with herbal tea with coconut milk. So far the front runner is raspberry tea with coconut milk. It remains to be seen if I can go without caffeine. I haven't done so for any length of time for quite awhile. And the question is, do I wean myself down, or go cold turkey? I can answer my own question - weaning is best for me. I have to function at work, which is always top priority and non-negotiable. I cannot go to work with a pounding headache. And I shouldn't have to. Have had one cup of black tea with milk this morning, which produced the usual slight headache that I have finally decided to confess to. It is the milk that is giving me the headache, this I already know. So, you ask, why not just drink the tea without milk. The answer is - yuck. Don't like it.

Enough about that. Will weigh in again about this experiment, which I hopefully will conclude satisfactorily.

Reading Rowling's novel published under a pseudonym, The Cuckoo's Calling. It is okay but not great. Am hoping it picks up considerably, or has a plot twist or something. It's turning into a slog, and since I feel compelled to read it regardless (not something I normally do - if the book doesn't grab me in the first 50 or so pages I give it up.) I couldn't believe the library had it for me because I was Number 127 on the hold list, but they give the books to their own patrons first before sending them on ILL. Hence my decision to read it no matter what.

Okay, must do some Real Life Stuff. Hope everyone has a great week!

Here I am getting ready for work - first choir, then will go afterwards. An extremely kind co-worker is covering for me so that I can go to practice. So nice of her!

Still feeling a bit funky but much better. Very tired. One of those days when I felt fine, then when I was driving home it hit me exactly like the cliched ton of bricks. The car knows the way home! And being so overtired had the effect that it often does - I slept for an hour, then tossed and turned a lot. Well, it can only get better.

Possibly this was a result of the sugar dragon. I fought valiantly during the night and lost! Back on horseback with my spear sharpened today.