Page 364 of 590 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 364

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    80-20 and you stick to 100 better than most of us. I had ice cream, hope that makes you feel better.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    It does make me feel better! Ice Cream Buddies! And didn't even have to share!

One little flaw in my FitBit is that is doesn't add my different sleep periods together. I often have two or even more sleep periods in 24 hours. Of course I can add them myself but that seems hopelessly antiquated. I can, however, add really well. Basic math skills are intact.

Had some beef and a small white potato about 0430 and went swimming after work. Got in an argument at the pool about the hospital where I work. Very non-primal. Not to bore anyone, but there is a great and weird rivalry - one-sided - between the larger hospital where I work in a neighboring town and the tiny underused facility here where I live. They are owned by the same company. The tiny one here closed Monday and is being turned into a desperately needed urgent care center and probably also a wellness/rehab center. Someone confronted me in the sauna about how "I" was responsible and they weren't going to go to my hospital ever. Let me tell you something about myself - I'm a really nice person until you f^&k with me. I have a tremendous vocabulary and don't have to resort to profanity to drive home my points. And I had just come off a 12-hour night shift. I may never be able to show my face in church again.

Must go get some sun!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm thinking the idiot deserved it! The urgent care center and possible rehab are a great use of the space and most likely the ED was only an urgent care at best anyway. Soak your bones in the sun, shake it off, and go to church - you didn't pick the fight and it wasn't in church.
    Female 53

You are so right! The ER was so underused it was silly. Many of the docs refused to work there because they would actually go an entire work week and not even see one patient. Can you believe that is was kept open as long as it was? Especially given the state of things around here. Secretly I'm a little proud of myself. Why should I take abuse?

More thoughts on the FitBit: Definitely has increased my activity. Has improved my sleep through awareness of how long I am actually sleeping and actually trying to sleep. Actually it is very reasonably priced. Don't get me wrong - $100 is a lot of money to me. I'm not rich. But considering the difference functions, it is a good value. It has a pretty cool alarm function, which can be set not just to wake up you and only you, but also as a reminder to move around, etc. The website is very easy and functional and you can track everything there if you want - all your activity and your food. If it lasts a year without malfunction, I will consider I have my money's worth. I purchased a 2-year warranty for $8 and hopefully will not need it.

Thoughts on the paleo bread recipe that costs $4: If have to say it is worth it. It is good. I just made my first batch with sweet potato. Very different from white potato although I can't draw too many conclusions from one test. I have still only made the paleo version. It would make terrific pizza. My sweet potato batch is much crispier and is a lovely golden color, which would be great for crackers. The white potato version is a bit softer and more 'breadlike' and looks just like bread, although the texture is bit crumblier. And like I said - it is good. Probably too good. The dough keeps very, very well in the refrigerator - just cut off the piece you want. Keeps for a long time. It does not keep well once you bake it, though, in my experience. It gets pretty dry and even toasting it doesn't bring it back to life. And the last thing I need is 'bread' hanging out in my kitchen asking me to eat it.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... Someone confronted me in the sauna about how "I" was responsible and they weren't going to go to my hospital ever. Let me tell you something about myself - I'm a really nice person until you f^&k with me. I have a tremendous vocabulary and don't have to resort to profanity to drive home my points....

We want the blow-by-blow!

After all, we can all stand to improve our vocabularies.

Alas, it would take too long to explain the local politics involved and anyone reading this would doze off...probably hit their forehead on their computer, maybe damage their computer...ugly scene...

I took a bit of a digital holiday today and stayed off the computer until now. I had a very pleasant lazy morning. Read a terrific book propped up in bed with all three felines curled up next to me. Is there anything more peaceful than a sleeping cat all curled up with his tail over the end of his nose? I highly recommend A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. I quite literally could not put it down. This book has been short-listed for the Booker this year; I doubt if it will win because it is too wonderful and too readable. I am immediately reading it again.

Big confession: I made a pizza with the paleo bread: http://www.primalgirl.com/2013/07/05/magicdough/. Hands down the best paleo pizza I have made. In fact, I would go so far as to say I could have served it to regular folk and they wouldn't know the difference. Very crispy and tasty New York style crust.

I have a weird desire to get drunk, or at least kinda tipsy. (Can't really do drunk, too lightweight.)

I'm getting serious about removing the wart on the bottom of my foot. Don't think I have mentioned that disgusting fact. Must have got it at the pool as I am not prone to warts. I guess I should start wearing flip flops - I've never felt they protect your feet, but it is worth a try. Also, I am going to stay away from the pool for a week or so while I get a start on burning this nasty little carbuncle away. I got the little pads from the drugstore with the acid in them. They are waterproof, but this means you can shower in them, not be immersed for 30 minutes. Also, just not a good idea. I had tried to burn it off with the one-time ultra-cold thing, but the sole of my foot is just too thick, it can't penetrate. Okay, enough about that.

Going to watch some vids.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Warts are a pain in the .... Hope you get this one on its way real quick! You could make yourself a foot lotion to rub on after going to shower - coconut oil with some essential oils in works very well for preventing anything foreign from taking hold! A cup CO warmed with 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops rosemary or thyme or oregano or tea tree oil or ... You have a lot of options, depends on what scent you are ok with. If you put it on and then socks right after you should be good to go my 2 cents anyway.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I'm going to try that, I already have CO at the gym anyway. I was thinking of doing the duct tape thing, it is supposed to work just as well, but honestly seemed like a bit of a pain. These acid pads are really comfortable and they take the pressure off the painful bit. It really hurts to walk on it, and it is holding me back, which I can't stand!

Getting drunk was a bust. I poured some wine and it tasted vile to me. Had a glass of booch instead.

I'm sure it's a planter wart. They are very hard to get rid of.
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They are stubborn as heck! I wish I was as persistent.

Slept pretty well but not great. FitBit won't turn on this morning despite having lots of charge....dum ta dum dumm. I'm charging it anyway and we'll see.

Having a cup of coffee and staying warm - chilly this morning! Opera today.