Page 359 of 590 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 359

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, the FitBit is a bust so far. For some reason I cannot set it up on my computer. I get to a certain step and can get no farther, I get an error screen and get knocked out. I despise this sort of thing. I will try at work and see what happens. It's hard not to be discouraged because today is not really a great day to start and now this. However, this is a First World Problem and I will try to keep my perspective.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Hope your back feels better soon. Sending positive fit bit thoughts.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Oh, and I broke down and purchased 'The Paleo Manifesto'. I blame...YOU!

I take the full blame! I just hope you like it half as much as I do. Honestly, I wish my primal friends lived nearby - we could share this stuff. Would be very primal!

Well, got the FitBit working with my work computer. Maybe I will just have to do all the syncing and uploading etc at work. We'll see. Maybe now that it is set up it will work at home too. Looks very cool. Now I need to walk around and make some lights come on.

Back is feeling much, much better.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Yay on all fronts

Well, I am the world's biggest baby whiner. Got the FitBit working and have been having a bit of fun with it. Was shocked at how many steps I have logged already. Very busy at work tonight, I did 1.5 miles in just over an hour. Experimented with the alarm and made the way cool lights flash. Back is feeling great. Am not overdoing it, however. Being very careful.

If you like The Paleo Manifesto, you might want to catch Durant on this podcast: Podcast 225: Not Your Ordinary Paleo Book. | Underground Wellness

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am enjoying it too much: stayed up until 11:00pm reading.

Isn't it good? I could hardly put it down. Not at all what I was expecting.

More good news - the FitBit syncs just fine with my computer now that I have it set up. I messed up the sleep tracking (well, I'm just learning) but I was able to put it in manually. Surprised to find that I don't move around very much during my abbreviated daytime sleep.

The FitBit looks fairly cool. I am using the slate colored band. (They send you black and slate, which is a medium blue. Other colors are for sale.) It is very comfortable to wear.

Back to work tonight, I hope it is not as trying as last night. I am charging the FitBit fully right now and it will be good for awhile. I'm not terribly active right now, obviously. I'm not going to wear it swimming or in the shower, although I can. The reviews on such are mixed, and it doesn't track swimming anyway. It can be entered manually, of course.

All would be well except for the drilling that is going on underneath my windows. A real shame as it is a warm, lovely day and I should be outside getting sun.

Slim Cat is up on his new perch. Makes me happy to see him up there.

A co-worker, with great encouragement from me and from many others, has rescued a cat she found. We'll never know where she came from, but probably belonged to an elderly man on her block who died early this summer. The little cat was obviously a house cat, very friendly and tame, and extremely thin. She's been taken to the vet, cleaned up, given shots, etc., and was already spayed. Oddly, my co-worker's husband has become extremely fond of the cat - he has never been much for cats, and also her adult daughter, who had a pathological fear of them as a child, is madly in love with the little feline. Funny how creatures enter our lives at proper times. With my primal outlook, I cannot help but notice how many people came together to help this cat, and my co-worker who desperately wanted to keep her despite some odds against doing so. People donated $$$, carriers, toys, grooming tools, food. A woman (VP of the hospital) generously offered to pay all vet bills for a year in memory of her mother who just died and adored cats and dogs too. Yes, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Watched the ending of the BBC America show Broadchurch. Shattering! And I sussed out the murderer, which made me feel good. Well, smart. Not good.

Well, I just told my cat story as part of the Challenge - wish me luck!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What a night at work! Made up for all the quiet nights.

The FitBit is being learned by me. Really interesting stuff. The sleep function is, of course, of great interest. One thing I have learned already: I am not sleeping nearly as much as I thought I was. Basically I was rounding up, thinking I had gone to bed much earlier than I had, and slept longer than I really did. When I am asleep, however, I am really asleep, if the device can be believed.

Got my labs done in prep for my physical. My BUN was high, not dangerously so, but just enough to be annoying, although my creatinine is fine. Cholesterol is ideal, including ratios. Triglycerides 60. Having a number that low means my ratios are even better than they appear since the formula used to compute them is not accurate if triglycerides are under 100. Well.

Got to go, there is sunshine out there waiting to be absorbed. Woke up and found it is summer again.