Page 358 of 590 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 358

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Im sorry, but I don't really know how to help you.. Your job seems to be eesponsible and stressing to me. But it's great that you can help others.. I really envy you nice weather, as it's rainy here since last Monday Eating on balcony.. Haven't done it for a long time..

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've made this: Magical Multipurpose Paleo & Primal Dough Recipe. Yep, she wants $4 for it. It is a developed from Brazilian Pao de Queso and has a paleo and primal version. I have only made the paleo one. I am sure your kids would like it, very kid-friendly.

You don't know how tempted I am to just go down and cut that power cord...get myself in serious trouble...evicted...banned...arrrgghhh...

Kind of a weird thing - there are all sorts of TV programs I want to watch, mostly PBS. The Hollow Crown, Hebburn, Last Tango in Halifax. Hmmmm.

Reading Hemingway's A Moveable Feast and am astounded by how much I am enjoying it. I never realized how poetic Hemingway's writing was. I never understood it, although I have read two of his novels and several short stories. I think I just needed the right 'seasoning' (a euphemism for age).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Well now you have me curious about the dough recipies and what they are good for. I don't really crave dough or anything but it would be great to have a standby to add to food for christmas parties... Is it worth the buy?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I really love Hemingway's literature too. Especially 'The old man and the sea'.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Well now you have me curious about the dough recipies and what they are good for. I don't really crave dough or anything but it would be great to have a standby to add to food for christmas parties... Is it worth the buy?
    I don't know if it is worth it or not. It annoys me, to be honest. It's not that I don't think people should be rewarded for their efforts, but I don't like the way it loads, it takes forever to print, it disappears from your hard drive - that all pisses me off. I don't like the way the recipe is presented - half metric and half American measures. She does provide the conversion in her email, but honestly that is just unprofessional. And she doesn't mention that you should have a scale. That should be upfront. To me it is borderline dishonest - oh BTW, now that I have your money, you really need to go buy a scale. That said, I have not purchased a scale, have made the recipe using cup measure, and it has come out fine. AND I think $4 is pricey for one freakin' recipe that is actually developed from a traditional recipe. I made a lot of mods to the Pao de Queso recipe myself, and I didn't charge for it. Okay, rant over.

Very busy day but must go get some work done.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Went to the dentist this morning, just for a cleaning. Am changing dentists! Remind me! I like the dentist all right, but the hygenist - can't stand her. Can't stand the loud music. Office is freezing cold. Chair is super uncomfortable. Enough! Oh, the teefers are fine.

Did a lot of shopping while I was near the shops (dentist is in the town where I work). Boring stuff, lightbulbs, curtains, cleaning supplies. Also picked up my new cat tree at the post office and put it together. Score! It is really nice, looks a treat. They are carefully checking it out. Slim Cat, my tree-dweller, was on it before I even had it together. They are cautiously exploring it. I nailed shims to the bottom to make it more secure.

Hung the new curtains which also look a treat and are going to work very well. I can easily take them down completely when I want to let in all the sunlight I can and put them right back up whenever I want privacy.

I've made so many kinds of booch I don't know exactly which one I am drinking but I believe it is just a plain one - absolutely stellar. Makes so much of a difference to be able to age them in fridge for week or so. I'm glad I'm caught up, although I might have set myself back by discarding the one batch. Had to be done, though. I think I have enough, though, as long as I don't go on a booch binge.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    a booch binge!!! that's funny
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I am a funny cavewoman. I would have made Grok laugh a lot, although I probably wouldn't have been so good at sewing skins together.

Slept like the dead today. I woke up, looked at my watch (hidden under my pillow) and couldn't believe it was 4:30 PM. I'm not sure when I went to sleep, but that is at least 6 hours uninterrupted. Pretty much of a record! And I feel more rested than I have in a long time. No work tonight, thank you, but I have choir.

Didn't get any errands done, although that is a small price to pay for sleep. I wonder if my FitBit is here? I hope it is waiting for me at the post office tomorrow.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure choir went well. Hoping you got great sleep again. Sending positive Fit Bit thoughts.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, have had a bit of a downhill run - nothing earth-shaking, but I much prefer to totter along in the normal way. Was late to choir through no fault of my own, but I hate to be late! Back has been really hurting - as in 'something is wrong' hurting. Coddling it all day - heating pad, lying down (no sitting), Advil. No lifting, no twisting. Slept as much as I could. Have to go to work.

FitBit arrived! Still in box.

High point is that I have the new curtains hung on the French doors and they look great. Slim Cat loves the new kitty climber thing. If he is happy, then I am happy.