Page 357 of 590 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 357

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, it wouldn't have kept until even T'giving, so I went by an outlet store and bought a case of EZ cap bottles, amber color, filled 4 up, rest kept for booch, made 4 friends very happy. There was still about 20 oz left, will enjoy that. It is way too tasty to keep around, tho. She even made her sweetened condensed milk, she's as organic obsessed as I am.

Sio, I am so loving The Paleo Manifesto. It's a beautiful book, and Mr. Durant is a great writer and a doll

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad you are liking Durant's book! It is so different than I thought it would be. For a geeky, information-obsessed truth seeker like myself, it is like honey for a bear.

Years ago I was staying with a friend's parents in Budapest and I brought her mom a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream - she actually cried when I gave it to her. I sent her another one later on, after I left. My friend said she cried when she got that one too!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Really fighting tiredness today, although I am feeling better just in the last half hour. I slept well, although I had bad dreams. Must try magnesium. Just had a really nice supper, although my enjoyment of it was tempered by the fact that it was very expensive. I wish, I wish that good food without additives wasn't so expensive as compared to crap! I had a lovely piece of Havarti cheese and some Applegate Farms smoked turkey breast. Applegate Farms stuff is very pricey but in addition to being clean is really, really delicious. Also had a red bell pepper. Am drinking the booch I brought in last week, so nicely aged.

Threw away a jug full of booch today. I was going to bottle it, but it tasted funny to me. It was strangely bland and left a bad taste in my mouth. I decided to be safe instead of sorry. The scoby looked fine, so I started a new batch. Did I forget to put sugar in it? The other gallon jug was fine, nicely tart. I have left it a bit longer as it is cooler now and I think it will take a bit longer. Also I have a nice stock now and am not in a race to resupply.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Adrian is online now Senior Member
    Wow your supper seemed to be really good I have never prepared booch in my life, I'm thinking about getting a starter.. Idk what my parents will say about it, I'm sure they'll be suprised!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Yes, I think your parents will be very surprised! It is great stuff, though!

Finished The Paleo Manifesto last night. Great book. I think it will become a classic. The amount of research that went into it is very surprising to me. Durant could have just knocked off just about anything - he got his book contract on the strength of his Colbert Report appearance, and really, a lot of people would have just jumbled together some stuff and slapped it out there. But he didn't - he wrote a really insightful, thoughtful, scholarly book that happens to be extremely readable and makes you think.

The bad news is that my Kindle Fire has been acting up, deleting my videos, and now it won't even connect to wireless. I've called them twice (or rather they have called me), chatted online twice, and sent one email. No resolution at all. They seem to think I am stupid. Every single time they have offered to download the videos for me. Uh...the tip of my finger works fine. I can download them. The freaking device is treating them like rentals! And they have all this on record - every last thing you do on it is logged. It's not a secret. I'm thinking of becoming a Luddite. So much less stress.

And on that note, I am going to climb into my sleeping cave with an actual book - Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast - then get some sleep.

Whew. Back at work. Slept very well but had trouble getting up. Laid in bed for a very long time with the felines. Went outside in the sun for about 20 minutes in the hopes of waking up. Got really, really hungry and had pork chop and egg. Then put sweet potato in oven. Wouldn't you know, I forgot about it, got halfway to work and had to turn back! Yikes. Have been on a carb frenzy ever since. I ate the sweet potato AND a gluten-free muffin. Having a cup of tea. Feeling a bit discombobulated. Hope I straighten out and fly right soon.

Kindle Fire is still wonked. Won't connect to wifi now, which renders it useless. Three calls plus chat sessions plus email have yielded no results. The thing is not even a year old. Makes me rethink my purchase of the FitBit, which I haven't even received yet. I am reluctant to get any more involved with tech stuff than is necessary. It is so upsetting to me when the stupid stuff fails, and fail it does.

Adrian is online now Senior Member
    Haha, it wouldn't smell really nice if you forgot about the potato in the oven What is your job? It seems to be some kind of office one..
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Sort of an office. I'm a respiratory therapist and I work in an acute care hospital. When I'm not involved with patient care I have an office to hang out in, and I do some administrative work also. It is either extremely exciting or extremely dull with no in-between. Hours of boredom, half an hour of sheer terror, more hours of boredom. Nature of the beast.

Was so tired! Slept well but as has been my pattern lately, I could not get up. Lay in bed and dozed for a couple of hours longer than I planned. It was raining heavily this morning when I went to sleep, but I woke up to a beautiful afternoon, perfect really. I made a cup of tea and a BLT with paleo bread and ate outside on my balcony in the sun, then lounged there for awhile. During this challenge I am making it a point to get sun as many days as I can. It really does feel wonderful and it is something I have never done. CW had me believing that I would die a hideous death of skin cancer after 10 minutes in the sun. Hasn't happened!

I made up a batch of paleo bread a few days ago, wrapped it tightly and put it in the refrigerator (not the freezer). Seems it keeps very well. This afternoon I cut off a bit and shaped it into two flatbread rounds. 14 minutes or so in the oven and I had a very nice base for bacon, lettuce, and a stolen tomato. Did you know that having a good supply of cooked bacon in the fridge is one of the nicest things you can do for yourself? It's true!

Okay, a little whine here. I am seriously tired of the power tools. The band saw is welcome to break down anytime. (Does anyone know how to disable a band saw in an undetectable way? Please advise.)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Take out the powerline - oh wait, you said inconspicuously .... sniper bullet through the cord? Sorry it is bugging you - once a sound starts getting to you it becomes almost impossible to zone it out. Hopefully the job changes pace soon or they get done!
    What recipe do you use for the paleo bread? I am looking for one to try for the kiddos - they are pining for bread at the moment. They are so good about not eating it even when they have the opportunity I want to try and meet them halfway and at least provide a treat that will satisfy that craving. Poor kids - I am one of those people who is all or nothing. If I believe something then I try my best to live that way. Otherwise I obviously don't really believe it, right? So we haven't eaten grains aside from a small helping of rice a couple times in the last 18 months.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."