Page 353 of 590 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 353

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Day Two

I was going to wait until later to post, but I already have a lot of stuff to say, so I might as well go ahead:

Last night I was horrified to see little flying bugs around my booch and upon inspection found the paper towel was saturated - the scoby grew so much it pushed up into the paper towel. Yikes! Note: leave enough space at top for scoby growth! With great trepidation I removed the top and looked for infestation, luckily there was none I could see. I did have several layers of paper towel and a good tight seal with rubber bands. I removed some of the scoby and a bit of tea and carefully recovered it with clean paper towels and an extra couple of bands. Lesson learned.

Pork chop lusciousness permeated the house during the night, making it somewhat hard to sleep! However they just aren't that good, or maybe I'm just not in the mood. They are just okay. Also had purple potatoes and a banana. And you-know-what.

Went to my book and meditation group this morning. Pretty good. I don't feel a real connection to these other women but they are all good people and we had some really good discussions. It is nice to have an intelligent conversation occasionally. Although - bit of a rant here - I get a little tired of the somewhat sanctimonious upper-middle-class lip service to class equality, racism, etc. One of the women had attended a Native American ceremony of some kind so we were treated to a long discourse on the beauty of Native American culture and how badly the European invaders treated the people who were here - REALLY!?!?!? Gee, never heard that before. Instead of sitting there in your designer clothes with your brand new Audi in the parking lot, oh and that comfortable $3 million oceanfront home you just slept in - why don't you do something about it? Maybe invite a couple of those Native Americans living in terrible poverty to live in your home with you, provide them with a good education, maybe even let them drive your car? Huh? No, it's easier to attend some ceremony put on for tourists and then come home to your comforts and talk about how aware you are of Native American problems. Oh, btw, there are hungry, cold, and unemployed people right here in town - some of them with Native American heritage. (Rant over)

Looked up some core exercises for swimming pools and was happy to discover that what I have been doing is apparently good stuff - guess all those years of CW exercise taught me something - let me tell you, it is more fun in a pool.

Very cold this morning! I should have brought in my herbs. I hope they're not all dead.

I am sad to report that it was the cod liver oil that made me so smelly. I just couldn't metabolize it properly, at least not that brand. I stopped taking it and I am back to my non-smelly self.

Pulled out my notebook from last year - I weigh exactly the same as I did last year on Sept. 17. Weird, huh?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan- the NPR show, 'The Take Away' is having a baiku contest- a haiku about your bike/bike riding.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I always find that cod liver oil as a liquid from the bottle always gives me fish burps. Do you get that?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

A baiku! I love it!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Mark's list is so great I am copying it here:

Consider these suggestions for thinking abundantly this Challenge month…

Look in the mirror and love what you see. View yourself generously. Believe this body in front of you is worth nurturing.
    Create daily menus with the best Primal food you can afford. Take time to make indulgent meals and snacks.
    Dine as you eat these meals. Give them their due. Drop the rushed, I-don’t-have-time-to-enjoy-my-food fixation. Make time. Give up 15 minutes of T.V. or web surfing to do it.
    Sleep luxuriously. Make your bedroom a clean, cool cave haven. Set your alarm to go to bed on time. Use your best sheets. Sleep naked. Do whatever feels luxurious to you.
    Take time out for a favorite hobby. Carve out the “me” time that somehow got sucked away. For 21 days, you get that time back.
    Create serenity in your life. Simplify a favorite space at home for relaxation. Commit to yoga, meditation and/or time in nature. Sign up for a class or schedule hours for it.
    Keep a celebration book/board/blog. There’s something to celebrate every single day. I’d argue we could easily find dozens of things each day when we’re open to them. What made you laugh/smile? What did you accomplish?
    Try something new every single day. Maybe it’s a new vegetable or piece of gym equipment, a meditation CD or a different hiking path.
    Fill your life and newsfeed with humor and positivity. Ditch the scary cable news and downer Facebook/Twitter feeds.
    Exercise and move every day in ways that inspire you. Have fun. Be spontaneous. Indulge in some training assistance. Meet up with friends to work out or play. Take a new fitness class. Dance. Run like you used to when you were seven.
    Relish these last weeks of fall. Do more than sit in the backyard or rake. Design actual outdoor adventures for each weekend. Do one thing each weekend you always mean to do in the great outdoors.
    In other words, act as if you’re worth living abundantly for 21 days and beyond. Guess what? You are. And, trust me on this one – you won’t regret it.

Read more: Approaching the Challenge with an Abundance Mindset | Mark's Daily Apple

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I've never tried cod oil before, but it sounds smelly.. This text is really inspiring, it's great idea to focus on health in crazy times we live in.. We forget about ourselves and focus on TV, facebook.. Forgetting which things are really important is so often now..
    I'm really glad to read that you are enjoying your life, those meditation group activities sound really very interesting!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

I didn't get burps, I just smelled bad. Like B.O. I would wake up in the morning, throw the covers off and nearly gas myself out. And I felt like I had to change my clothes all of the time (I did). And when I would open the laundry hamper to take out the dirty clothes I would nearly bowl myself over. It had to stop.

Everyone needs to get their hands on John Durant's The Paleo Manifesto pronto. I got it today and I can hardly put it down. It is not a diet book. Not even a Paleo book. It's a super interesting history book. Like if history were taught by a super-hot instructor who made everything real and alive and put stuff in context instead of boring facts and dates.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    My copy came yesterday, too. It looks like it'll be great.
    Thx, yet again, for recommending

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I downloaded it and read it almost entirely on the plane ride back from SF.

It wasn't at all what I was expecting, but better! I am really enjoying it!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5