Page 351 of 590 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 351

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Had a very carb-y breakfast, but it was very good and nutrient dense. Had a Tara bread with almond butter and a banana. Yes, it was delicious. We'll see how it works out - I am off to a workshop soon and there will be no snacking. Hope I'm not ready to gnaw on the tabletop before 10 AM.

Slept very well, lovely cool night. And quiet!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Have fun.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

The breakfast worked out great. We didn't break for lunch until after 1 PM, and I really wasn't hungry even then. I was, however, tired of sitting. Be nice to work some movement into these things. Great content, though. I learn so much at these things, I wish I could go to more of them. I'm very motivated to start sending off some stuff.

Came home and ate my salad, which was very tasty. Tonight I am going to the library fundraising event, which will involve more poetry and some wine. In fact it is called "Poetry and Wine." Hope there are loads of people there.

Hate to brag, but my poems were the best. IMHO. Really!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well. NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME. I ate a bad oyster. Do I need to give details? It's horrible! I was at the party, having a good time. Ate some oysters. One of them...well, I knew. But it was too late. Hoped for the best. About an hour later I started to feel bad...really bad. Made some quick excuses and beelined for the door. Ran into someone I know on the way out and was embarrassingly short with him. Seriously considered pulling over several times on the seven minute drive home, but I got through the door and into my bathroom. It's not over yet. I just drank some bicarb, which I hope will lessen the symptoms. I'm not used to being sick! Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Very tired and wishing I could go to sleep...but not yet. I think there are other things in my near future...

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh.......... bummer! Dang oyster! I hope the worst of it is over now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Hope you survived the night!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well, THAT was no fun at all. I did survive, however. (Obviously) I will spare the gory details, but I didn't want to go to sleep until I was pretty sure the worst had passed. I didn't want to wake up and have to make a desperate bathroom run. Around 2 AM I was not only feeling pretty good, I was actually hungry. I ate a Tara bread and drank some milk (very CW, I know) and stayed up for another half hour, then went to sleep. After that it was all good, but I am skipping church this morning. I can't stand to think of eating anything but very bland stuff like potatoes, crackers, etc. Sort of a carbohydrate frenzy. Probably some kombucha would be good, although it doesn't sound very appealing.

I guess I am getting a bit full of myself - I thought my poetry is as good as much of the stuff that was read last night. I also question the choice some of the poets made - one read a very, very long ode to her late husband, finely detailed and never-ending. I mean, it was long. Like five pages single spaced. Now, it was a very good poem. But this is a fund raiser with many different types of people, and it was just too long. I know for a fact it made several women - widows who have lost their long-time spouses quite recently - very sad. Maybe not the night for making women sad.

One man was very good, he read several short poems, some of them comic. He was also very engaging and really had the crowd going. Yes, poets can work the crowd. Good opportunity for me to watch and learn.

Well, I feel my hands smell of fish. Must go scrub thoroughly.

I am almost through with a massive clean-up. Have been cleaning for a couple of hours. Feels so good! I have unearthed a couple of really large black spiders with stripes, several daddy longlegs, and a couple of beetle-y things. The reality of Maine and the reality that insects like to be undisturbed! Have a couple of sacks of trash to haul away, most of it really icky.

Have many projects to tackle:

1. Curtains for the french doors. The ones I have are not going to be practical in winter. Need rods, hardware, and curtains, also have to install aforesaid.

2. Some plastic to put over storm doors to make them even more stormy. Also some clay to put around skylights for draft prevention.

3. Actually put in storm doors - very heavy and awkward. Too early yet to do this.

4. Possibly move small refrigerator out of very inconvenient closet and put shelf in there. This struck me like a thunderbolt today.

5. Somehow change light bulb over stairwell in an almost-impossible-to-reach place. Also change lightbulb in bathroom, which is also in an elusive spot.

6. Am going to ask Ex to come up for the weekend soon and help me with this stuff. Wish me luck.

7. Be sure to have all needed materials for when Ex comes to do this stuff.

8. Consider hiring someone like a handyman to help me do this instead of asking Ex. Might actually turn out to be cheaper. (Ex eats ALOT.)

Having a cup of tea, now must finish cleaning!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-15-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Completed #6. This was a big accomplishment for me as I have a pathologic fear of heights and changing the bulb involves climbing a ladder and leaning over a steep stairwell. It is really not dangerous at all, but involves more primal fears. I am pretty annoyed because I have already changed this bulb once and put in a compact fluorescent, which is supposed to last for years. Got maybe 8 months out of it! I don't know if it is the bulb or the wiring. I didn't bother to replace the glass globe since it is a huge pain to take down, requires 2 1/2 hands and I only have two. If it is going to burn out all of the time I'm not going to put it up.

Also changed the bathroom light, which involved dead insects inside the fixture. Yuck. But now that is done and hopefully the bulb will be longlived as advertised.

Also realized that I can easily move fridge myself. Next time I empty it to clean it I will have a go. Right now it is filled with booch! My brewing has taken over the kitchen as I feared it would, but it is worth it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here I am at work. Got the frantic call that someone had called out sick. Cha-ching! Maybe I will get that FitBit. Or that expensive pan. It's all good.

Tummy still a little dicey. I bought some rice crackers on the way here and they have settled it down a little.

Had a great day around the house! Everything that can be washed got washed. The floors are spotless. Lots of stuff thrown away. The place has never been so clean, even when I moved in. Feeling really good about this!