Page 350 of 590 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 350

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OH my............ that's just bordering on child abuse!!! If the child gets hungry enough she will eat REAL food! BAD mother for giving in to the little girls demands for candy. She will end up obese and have diabetes by the time she's 10. Someone needs to do an intervention to help that mother learn some parenting skills.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quite a day yesterday. I met up with two internet friends - women I have known online since 1995. How odd it was to reminisce! So many shared memories even though we don't know each other in real life. It was a lot of fun. We went to the botanical garden, had lunch, and then went on a sailboat. I was pretty tired after this! Came home and watched my science shows, one about Africa and one about the building of the new World Trade Tower. Then there was a tremendous, and I do mean tremendous thunderstorm complete with hail! I will admit that was somewhat frightening - hailstones hitting the skylights right above my head was not the most pleasant thing I have experienced. And there was a horrible insect in my bed! That prevented me from really relaxing. Even after thoroughly inspecting the bed for wildlife, I was still creeped out. Still, I slept very well as usual, though I have been waking up somewhat groggy. Tonight is work, and I must have had enough time off because I am actually looking forward to it. I am so happy it is fall again and choir has started and soon there will be operas. Also I have a poetry workshop on Saturday and a library fund-raiser event on Saturday night.

Discovered a local breakfast/lunch place here has a gluten-free item on the menu - a veg pie (crustless) that is quite tasty. Accompanied by crudites and a fruit compote. Really nice. I am glad that I have a place I can eat if necessary.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Had my first really good swim today. I've really been off since my summer hiatus. Today I felt I was really swimming and not just splashing around aimlessly. The pool was very crowded though. Very crowded. I should be glad it is getting so much use, but really I'm not.

The kombucha with the raspberry tea in it is my favorite. Really nice raspberry flavor, tart, and I always put in fresh lemon before I drink it. I bottled some yesterday, just plain, and I will bottle more tomorrow. My brewing has caught up with my consumption, I am happy to say!

Went to the farmers market and they had honeycrisp apples! Bought a bunch. Ate one in the car. Realized I hadn't eaten and I was hungry. Came home and had a red bell pepper with eggplant dip. Hey, I'm vegan!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    No, I left out the part where she said that is all the child eats. She (the mother) said she won't eat anything else. Guess that's kind of an important part of the story!

Okay, there's no way to look for the positive in that situation. (Wait, were there NUTS in any of the candy bars?! Those are REAL food, right?)

Why do some people even HAVE children?!?

Yes, in fact there were nuts in some of the candy bars. There were a couple of Butterfingers, too. They have butter, right? (That is a very poor joke.) I feel sorry for the cashier - she said she sees stuff like that all of the time. Oh dear, oh dear.

My adding fruit and a limited amount of potatoes is working very well. I feel very well, I have lost two pounds, and I have no cravings and am not getting hungry all of the time. Also my food budget has taken a nose dive, which I am very, very happy about. There are always good sales on fruit and all I do is pick it up and eat it - no prep required, and it generally lasts for quite some time in the fridge. Also I am not buying kombucha any more. What a savings! Brought six bottles of my latest brew to stash in the work fridge for next week. Should be nice and smooth by then.

Here I am at work. All is well so far. Well, obviously there are sick people here, but they are all getting better. Also will maybe be a new baby or two before long. Happy days.

Home again, home again. Last night at work was good, busy but not horribly so, did some good work. Then came home, bottled some booch, a few chores, read way too long - I'm reading a book about mountain climbing, a subject that has always fascinated me. Actually this particular book, Where the Mountain Casts Its Shadow by Maria Coffey, is about the affect on the families of climbers. I am finding it so compelling that I can hardly put it down, and I have read most of it in two days despite not having loads of free time. I bought it at the used bookstore when I went there with my friends on Wednesday.

Food has been pretty good, although probably too much. Last night I ate virtually everything I brought - roast beef, ribs, huge amount of leafy greens with BV and walnut oil. An apple and a tiny bit of cheese. The last time I ate was about 4:30 AM, and it did me well, as I woke up not hungry. Ate just now, around 4 PM. A sausage, little tiny purple potatoes, kombucha, a banana. Thinking that is probably it for me today. Wish I could go swimming, but the pool is not open this afternoon.

Discovered the pool was open from 6 to 7 PM and so I beat it over there and had a great time swimming! Woo-hoo! Stopped at the grocery store on the way and managed to drop $60 like nothing. How do you people with families do it? Anyway, dinner was a fair amount of chicken, some cashews, some raspberries. Tomorrow I will be in a poetry workshop all day, and I have quite a nice selection of lunchbox fixins. Besides the aforementioned, I have avocados and bananas. Actually, if I cook up some bacon I will have the makings of a spectacular salad. Yes, I must do that.

I'm always torn between marveling over what a great life I have and how I don't have the trappings that most consider necessary for happiness.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I admire your comfort in your "un-trapped" life Not very many people can be truly happy living a solitary life and I have always admired those who not only enjoy it - but thrive in it. I need to be part of a "couple" to feel complete and content and I sometimes view that as a weakness. I enjoy time alone - but I wouldn't want to live alone. I have a friend from high school (actually one of hubbies cousins) who never married. She wanted to, it just never happened. Now she's completely happy to live her single life and says she's too independent to ever be able to live as a part of a couple. She has a good job, owns her own home, and travels with friends and family.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Went a bit crazy this evening after planning to just read and go to sleep early. Purchased this recipe: http://www.primalgirl.com/tag/tara-grant/ and made the paleo version. It is damn good. I made it into rolls, the same size as I previously made my brazilian cheese breads. This recipe is developed from that traditional one, and has a primal and paleo version. I wanted a non-dairy bread and this fills the bill. Also surprisingly easy, although my first glance at the recipe was a bit daunting. Way, way better than any gluten-free bread I have ever had, much simpler and way less processed. I ate...um...two of the rolls. Which was one too many! These puppies are very, very filling. If I had eaten slower I would have realized how filling! Also had a CW moment a little while ago. I was done eating, was not hungry, and then ate several hundred calories! WTF?!?!? I'm just going to move on. No point dwelling on it.