Page 349 of 511 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 5109

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 349

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's my theory. Your body noticed you were having sex again, and said, 'hey, she's still using those parts. Let's rev' 'em up!' and then it told your appetite that you might be making baby brains, hence the craving for fish.

I like those Mary Janes. Perfect for when you want to pretend you are wearing 'real' shoes. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to barefoot/loose Vans/Birkenstocks?

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Here's my theory. Your body noticed you were having sex again, and said, 'hey, she's still using those parts. Let's rev' 'em up!' and then it told your appetite that you might be making baby brains, hence the craving for fish.

I like those Mary Janes. Perfect for when you want to pretend you are wearing 'real' shoes. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to barefoot/loose Vans/Birkenstocks?
    LOL, that's a hilarious theory! Although I hate to think of what kind of baby brain I would produce at my advanced age, fish or no! Maybe it's the homebrew kombucha?

I really noticed those shoes because of the price - I've never seen any barefoot style shoes so cheap. I might try a pair just because.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Had a large and late lunch of peruvian purple potatoes and roast beef. Very good! So that means not hungry for dinner. Had a cup of herb tea.

Very chilly, I lit a fire in the woodstove! First of the season! Although now it is too hot and I have all the windows open.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Slept great and woke up hungry - had a huge breakfast! A sausage, baked haddock, mango, avocado, eggplant, tomato. Not much of each, of course. It is unusual for me to eat so many different things at one meal. Can't say I like it much. I like to have only one or two things. But I had stuff to be used up, so it all went on the plate.

I totally forgot about my book/meditation group this morning! Oops. Feeling like I want to get out and do something, but I'm not sure what.

The cats are cracking me up as usual. I am always amazed at how they can materialize out of nowhere when they hear a can.

Having kind of a weird day. The construction noise is horrible, horrible. I went to the library and the coffee shop to escape. Came home when I was feeling weird, you know, below the waist. Have had some intestinal distress. We'll leave it at that. Mercifully, I think the construction is over for the day.

Maybe I am just a little stressed. Choir starts tonight and I am a little nervous for some reason. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen for years, also her two sisters whom I don't know. And the construction noise. Hmmmm seems like I should be tougher than this.

Zoodled up a sweet potato that is in the oven right now. Mmmmmmmmm. That will cure me!

I've pre-ordered The Paleo Manifesto that is excerpted on MDA today. Did so quite a while back. I think it will be really good! I've ordered it on my Kindle Fire, the first book I've pre-ordered in e-version. I haven't really taken to e-books. I think they are good for really big thick novels, but for books that I know I will be flipping through, not so much. And most books I read, particularly non-fiction, I flip around and go back and read out of order. Ebooks are no good for that. However, I have no more room on my bookshelves. I have a ton of books on my Kindle that I haven't read and probably never will because they just don't jump out at me. I also hate hate hate that my Kindle Fire eats through battery power like nothing I've ever seen and I have to plug it in constantly. Kinda defeats the purpose! My regular Kindle is much better with battery use but not nearly as pretty.

Saw something so disturbing tonight! I stopped at the gas station mini mart to buy some bananas on the way home from choir - that is the only shop that is open. It was about 9:30 PM. A woman with a small child, maybe 3 years old, was in line in front of me. She was buying candy - a lot of candy. Maybe half a shopping bag full. The child was picking out candy bars and throwing them in the bag. The child also had a cup of coffee. I kid you not. No, it wasn't hot chocolate. Coffee. The clerk said something about it being kind of late for the little one. The woman said, "Oh, she's always up until 1:30 or 2. Sometimes even later." Can you imagine? Is there a law against this sort of thing? Feeding your kid nothing but candy, letting a 3-year-old drink coffee? In a convenience store at night? WTF? I'm going to have nightmares about this.

And yes, the woman was considerably overweight. The child - not yet.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-11-2013 at 06:25 AM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    That's very sad - and yes, should be considered child endangerment. I may have followed the woman home and called the authorities anonymously.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, on the surface that's pretty horrendous. Coffee for a three-year old?!? But let's hope the child sleeps until 11 am. And just because there was only candy in the cart, does not mean that is all the child eats. After all, you eat more than bananas.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    True, Sabine --- and considering the mother was quite heavy - perhaps she eats the majority of the candy! But coffee for a toddler is just irresponsible parenting! Caffeine is not good for growing bones!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

PrimalCon New York
    No, I left out the part where she said that is all the child eats. She (the mother) said she won't eat anything else. Guess that's kind of an important part of the story! But I was so upset when I posted that last night. I should have tried to find out who it was. In small town like this I probably don't have to follow anyone home - I can just ask who it is. It is so hard to see stuff like this and not be able to help, or do something positive.