Page 348 of 590 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 348

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    8 months without a period and then bingo! Yuck. Mine completely stopped at 51 after a couple years of missing one every 6 months. I'm now 53. I'm still having hot flashes, although not nearly as severe or as frequent But my libido is nowhere to be found I'm talking to my doctor about bio-identical hormones cuz I think I need a little help with weight loss and libido. I'm sure my husband won't mind the expense of the bio's if they bring back the "old" me The bedroom has been a bit chilly for waaaaaayyyyyyy to long!

My guess is the libido is back because the hormones have returned - and the flashies are gone for the same reason.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Anybody seen these?

Amazon.com: Nufoot Women's Mary Janes: Shoes

Nice price!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    They're cute.. I like the black ones.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I was in Jacksonville a few weeks back and bought these for $85.
    Womens Trekking & Trail Running Shoe – SPYRIDON | Vibram FiveFingers
    They are super shoes and look great with everything casual.
    I got them in green.

Having weird cravings! Not necessarily bad. Pumpkin seeds and apple juice. (Only 4 oz. juice) Just sounded like the best thing in the world.

Made a somewhat elaborate dinner for myself before work. Avocado, mango salsa, and baked haddock. I don't know how everyone else gets things ready so fast, it took me thirty minutes to gather, wash, and chop the herbs and onions and fruits. Anyway, it was very nice and plenty of leftovers. Having a serious fish craving lately. Do you ever have times when you just don't want to eat much meat? As in beef or pork? I'm in one of those times right now! And I've got 2 1/2 lbs. of roast beef in the fridge! I prepared it in the slow cooker, but honestly it will be 10 times better if I reduce the sauce, add some wine and whirl it around in the blender. So I'll probably do that tomorrow. In the meantime I am eating pumpkin seeds (thank you, food co-op, for selling dry roasted ones) and an apple. (No more juice)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well well well. Slept great this morning but as usual I'm having a little trouble getting going this afternoon! Here it is 5 PM and I'm still puttering about. I have done a few things, however. Repaired two pairs of my Dansko shoes, very proud of myself! It is so annoying that shoe repair shops are virtually nonexistent these days. Just another chance to be self sufficient! I feel a bit bad that I can't wear my minimal shoes at work, but sadly they just don't provide enough protection from needles, blades, body fluids, and large heavy objects on wheels that move unpredictably.

Called my mom, who unexpectedly made me laugh really hard. Once in a while she really does something funny!

Ate the leftover fish, mango, and avocado from yesterday. So good! Even though I have large amount of beef waiting to be eaten, I'm going to get some more fish. Just have to!

Watched a show called "Elementary" on Amazon. I have to pay for it - the first season is $25, which I am not going to spring for, but eventually I will be able to get it for free. I am really into watching video lately, at the expense of reading. It's not a positive thing, but I'm just going with it. There is really no reason to beat myself up over stuff like that. I will eventually tire of the videos. For now my reading is the New Yorker magazine and the Intellectual Devotional, which I read at night before going to sleep. For every day there is a new entry about music, art, history, religion, science and so forth. Really interesting stuff!

Had a great dinner - baked haddock, a few bay scallops, a sausage, roasted brussels sprouts. Rather heavy on protein! Then I tackled the beef roast from the slow cooker, pulled out all the fatty bits, reduced the sauce, added some stuff and whirled it in the chopper. Greatly improved, although I feel it sort of defeats the purpose of the slow cooker, which is to make cooking easy. But one does what one has to do.

I don't know where this fish craving has come from. Although I have always enjoyed a nice filet, I've never really lusted after it the way I have the last few days. And then when I eat it, it is just as good as I imagined, which pretty much never happens.

Spammer got me last night - I am so privileged!

Yesterday I bought a sparkly barrette - way too young for me, but I like it. Funny to have the hair I always wanted at this advanced age.

Another small purchase I have made that has made a big difference is the two one-piece silicone spatulas, one very slim and one more like a spatula. They are good for absolutely everything and show no wear at all. Wash like a dream, even dried egg white and orange grease. I can probably leave them to somebody in my will. I've packed up a big bag of old kitchen implements that I don't need any more.

Slept great, was unfortunately woken by my landlord struggling to start his car - he needs a new battery or a new starter or both. He grinds away for several minutes before finally starting it. Then the construction noise from the point below started up. Grrrrrrr. The irony of having all this noise in this beautiful country place is not lost on me.

Slim Cat was getting way, way too thin - he just wasn't eating. I don't know what made me try this, but I bought Friskies Party Mix (an unhealthy treat) and put it on his food. He is eating like a truck driver now. This is the equivalent of putting McDonald's french fries on your kid's organic veg and grass-feed beef. But he is putting on weight and eating enthusiastically, even asking to be fed. I push the little crunchy Party Mix kibble into the food, and he eats the top layer. Then he comes back a few minutes later and wants more. I push more Party Mix into the food, and he eats all the rest. He is playing and running around and seems happy. He had gotten so thin I could see his hip bones across the room through his thick fur. Now he has a nice layer of flesh over them.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-09-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Breakfast was leftover haddock with some avocado and mango. Liberal amounts of basil. I'm on a bit of a basil kick right now. It is so good with fish - that slight licorice flavor really complements fish.

Alas, I am becoming resigned to being smelly. I need a shower when I wake up in the morning! Seriously! And my clothes go right into the wash, not back in the closet for another wearing. It was nice to be non-smelly, so much easier.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification