Page 347 of 591 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5901

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan

Shop Now
    I'm home!! Thanks for the thoughts I missed you and your stories of your life. Sorry your ceiling is collapsing ... landlords! About to put the kids to bed....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Coll! You're baaaacccckkk! I missed you! We all did!

I'm always good for a story or two...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, well. You know how a short time ago I reported my hot flashes had vanished and my libido returned? Something else has returned! Aunt Flo visited me last night! WTF? I thought I was done! I had wondered why I was unusually hungry and also had a couple of very small, superficial blemishes. Mystery solved. Can you believe it? Forever youthful, that's me.

Another weird thing - and this may be my imagination - my hair seems to be growing in not grey. I've been checking my roots, thinking it might be time for some highlights - the last time was the end of May - and I don't see any grey. My hair is not a particularly nice color anymore - my strawberry blond is long gone and now it can best be described as dishwater blonde - but it isn't grey. I don't get it. Am I imagining things?

I like my latest batch of kombucha and am happy with adding the raspberry tea after the fermentation. It has a nice raspberry flavor and a pretty color. I drank one jar, and decanted a couple of others into a Gerolsteiner bottle (25 oz.) to take to work.

Had a very large breakfast (for me) - three eggs scrambled with feta and chives and four slices of bacon.

Am looking at Le Creuset pans and lusting after a saucepan. http://www.amazon.com/Le-Creuset-Ena...sette+cookware They are wicked expensive but last forever. Now that I am using my cast iron pans almost exclusively, I have noted that Lodge does not make saucepans. And I'm not buying a Chinese made cast iron pan. My research shows they sometimes contain lead and they are not well made - they have rough edges and often rust regardless of care.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The last time I saw someone so excited for their period is when an ex-girlfriend had a ... uhh.. longer than expected wait time between visits. Congrats returning to your youthful self!

Sidebar: that's MDA success story material there though I'm not sure you'd want to share your period with the primal world.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ck out ebay first, always.. u may save $$, especially on make offers Le Creuset 1 1 4 Qt Iron Handle Precision Pour Saucepa | eBay

Here is a used 'vintage' one but looks in great shape Vintage 17 Le Creuset 1 1 2 Quart Sauce Pan France Enamel Over Cast Iron | eBay

Home Depot sells enamel chip repair and paint.

Wow, some great deals there! I wonder how picky I should be?

Here I am at work, sipping away at my homemade brew - life is good! I have a slab of beef chuck in the slow cooker so home will smell really nice when I get there in the morning. I haven't eaten the one I made a couple of days ago - well, one small piece. But I will eat it over the next two nights here at work.

Swam the last two days. Having a hard time getting back into it! I'm enjoying being in the water but the actual swimming is coming slowly. Really got out of shape. I know how it goes, though. I'll struggle for a few days and then it will just kick in and I'll be swimming for 30 minutes no problem.

Question............ not that I should be questioning a nurse........... but............. how long was it that your period had stopped before returning so unexpectedly?
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Shop Now
    Lol, not a nurse - I'm a respiratory therapist. I hadn't had one since January and at age 54 I figured that was it! You have to go a year without a period to be considered menopausal and I was closing in on it, but now the clock starts over.