Page 347 of 590 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 347

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm home!! Thanks for the thoughts I missed you and your stories of your life. Sorry your ceiling is collapsing ... landlords! About to put the kids to bed....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Coll! You're baaaacccckkk! I missed you! We all did!

I'm always good for a story or two...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, well. You know how a short time ago I reported my hot flashes had vanished and my libido returned? Something else has returned! Aunt Flo visited me last night! WTF? I thought I was done! I had wondered why I was unusually hungry and also had a couple of very small, superficial blemishes. Mystery solved. Can you believe it? Forever youthful, that's me.

Another weird thing - and this may be my imagination - my hair seems to be growing in not grey. I've been checking my roots, thinking it might be time for some highlights - the last time was the end of May - and I don't see any grey. My hair is not a particularly nice color anymore - my strawberry blond is long gone and now it can best be described as dishwater blonde - but it isn't grey. I don't get it. Am I imagining things?

I like my latest batch of kombucha and am happy with adding the raspberry tea after the fermentation. It has a nice raspberry flavor and a pretty color. I drank one jar, and decanted a couple of others into a Gerolsteiner bottle (25 oz.) to take to work.

Had a very large breakfast (for me) - three eggs scrambled with feta and chives and four slices of bacon.

Am looking at Le Creuset pans and lusting after a saucepan. http://www.amazon.com/Le-Creuset-Ena...sette+cookware They are wicked expensive but last forever. Now that I am using my cast iron pans almost exclusively, I have noted that Lodge does not make saucepans. And I'm not buying a Chinese made cast iron pan. My research shows they sometimes contain lead and they are not well made - they have rough edges and often rust regardless of care.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    The last time I saw someone so excited for their period is when an ex-girlfriend had a ... uhh.. longer than expected wait time between visits. Congrats returning to your youthful self!

Sidebar: that's MDA success story material there though I'm not sure you'd want to share your period with the primal world.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Ck out ebay first, always.. u may save $$, especially on make offers Le Creuset 1 1 4 Qt Iron Handle Precision Pour Saucepa | eBay

Here is a used 'vintage' one but looks in great shape Vintage 17 Le Creuset 1 1 2 Quart Sauce Pan France Enamel Over Cast Iron | eBay

Home Depot sells enamel chip repair and paint.

Wow, some great deals there! I wonder how picky I should be?

Here I am at work, sipping away at my homemade brew - life is good! I have a slab of beef chuck in the slow cooker so home will smell really nice when I get there in the morning. I haven't eaten the one I made a couple of days ago - well, one small piece. But I will eat it over the next two nights here at work.

Swam the last two days. Having a hard time getting back into it! I'm enjoying being in the water but the actual swimming is coming slowly. Really got out of shape. I know how it goes, though. I'll struggle for a few days and then it will just kick in and I'll be swimming for 30 minutes no problem.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Question............ not that I should be questioning a nurse........... but............. how long was it that your period had stopped before returning so unexpectedly?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Lol, not a nurse - I'm a respiratory therapist. I hadn't had one since January and at age 54 I figured that was it! You have to go a year without a period to be considered menopausal and I was closing in on it, but now the clock starts over.