Page 344 of 590 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 344

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been looking for Green Pasture's fermented locally but haven't found it yet, although the co-op will probably order it for me if I ask. Of course I can just order it myself, but I would prefer to find a local source.

I used to use Dr. Hauschka products, absolutely loved them, but ai-yi-yi, the price! Looking at the ingredient list, however, I think I can make my own...

Hot here today! A/C is cranked!

The Sugar Dragon chased me around and finally caught me. I had a coconut macaroon AND a pumpkin whoopie pie (both gluten-free). Feeling slightly nauseated now, and no wonder!

Have been looking at kitty condo/scratching post thingys. The one I have is completely ruined - sisal is unwound, dangerous looking threads all over. Parts of it are now bare cardboard. I guess you could say we got our money's worth. BW Cat is sleeping on the battered remains right now. I found a couple of possibilities, but didn't buy anything yet.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Ck this out on eBay.. Free shipping and you can offer less!!!
    New Cat Tree Condo Post Cat Scratcher Kitty Tower Toy Pet Furniture | eBay
    Amazon may have them very reasonable too.

Wow, that is a great deal! I haven't found anything as good on Amazon. I almost ordered one this afternoon, but now I am glad I didn't. I will probably get that one - just have to do some measuring. How do they manage that price and free shipping also?

Had to sleep this afternoon - probably a sugar crash! Yikes. Oh well. Done and done.

Got a really pretty little silver ring with a carnelian in it at a craft show. I love buying stuff from the actual person who made it. A very nice older man who is very much interested in the history of jewelry-making (untold centuries) and being an artisan. He said that sometimes he imagines he is selling his pieces at a medieval fair, and it probably wouldn't be all that different.

Enjoying my kombucha! I have enough to last until my next batch is ready (I think).

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

What we do, to make the kitty tower more stable, is have Home Depot or Lowe's cut a piece of plywood, 3/4 or 1 inch thick, about 4-5 inches wider than the tower all the way around and screw the tower to the middle of the plywood. The cats won't be able to tilt it or make it fall over completely when they're playing. Maybe the ex can help or that kindly old gent who takes your money each month, or one of your guy friends at the hospital who might have a drill.

Yes, I will need to anchor it to something. I want to get something set up for the cooler weather, when I will have the French doors shut, and of course they need it for exercise. Stability is a big factor with three large very active cats.

Sunday morning and I am all ready for church. Don't know if there is summer choir this morning. Waiting for landlord to appear in driveway if there is, I can ask him.

Ate very well after my fall into a vat of goodies yesterday afternoon. I zoodled up a summer squash and cooked it with the last of my green chicken. It was very good and very filling also. Had a green salad with that, and a bit of kombucha.

Cats are very, very interested in one of my closets. Oh dear. I don't want to know.

Last night I thoroughly scrubbed my grubby little bathroom. It was nice to wake up to a sparkling necessary room. It won't last, of course. That is one thing about cheap fixtures, they just don't stay clean. The faucets and seams get all gunky very quickly. And they just don't ever look very nice.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-01-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Went to church this morning and came home with very mixed feelings. We had a guest pastor, who was excellent and clearly put a lot of work into his sermon. It was, as usual, poorly attended. Lots of people don't come when our regular pastor isn't there. While it is a free country, and I absolutely don't want anyone to feel coerced to attend, I find this distressing. Our regular pastor is very charismatic and church attendance is way, way up since she came here. But the downside of having a charismatic pastor is that people seem attached to her rather than really committed to worship. She is a personal friend, a truly wonderful person, and I feel like a traitor sometimes, wishing that people were more spiritual and would show up even if it isn't a big social event. (I'm talking about church members here, not those who don't attend ever.) I often think of changing churches as I don't feel my needs are being met in my current church, although I owe a great deal to the church - my home, my friends. Things just aren't working out. I talked with the choir director today and today her that I am going to have a problem attending the Thursday night rehearsals, although I can come to the Sunday AM rehearsals (one hour before church). She was pretty cool to that idea. I feel weird about being in the choir and then not being in the choir. So many things I can't participate in because of my schedule, but no one seems to care. I don't expect them to schedule around me, but lately it seems like 95% of stuff is not do-able for me. The person I feel was my best friend here has been very cool towards me also, which I attributed to summer and how busy she is with houseguests and visiting family. So I'm thinking very hard about packing it in, finding a new church and going there strictly for worship, not getting involved in other aspects. I have often been drawn to the Episcopalian faith, as I enjoy ritual and structure. Maybe it is time.

Have made a couple of decision about my diet in order to get a better handle on things. 1) Having eliminated dairy does not seem to have made any difference; in fact I have gained weight since I got rid of dairy. I'm not planning on gobbling huge blocks of cheese, but a bit of dairy is okay for me. 2) Absolutely no baked goods, even (especially) the gluten-free goodies. Baked goods have been my downfall since forever. If I want sweets, it will be something I make at home, and will be some kind of fruit cooked in fat and with honey. That contains actual nutrition, not just empty calories.

We're Methodist, both families Methodist, but I took a long, 'from the heart' online test once that came back 95% Episcopalian, 5% Methodist. I told DH I should be Episcopalian, he said, that's nuts, we're Methodist I like the weekly communion in Episcopal church.

I am going to look into this some more - get up my nerve and make an appointment to see the Episcopal minister. I have met her a couple of times when I have been to that church for various events, most recently singing Evensong.

Notes apropos of nothing:

After going barefoot a great deal this summer and toughening up my feet pretty well, I stepped on something in my own bathroom, probably a piece of glass from my broken mirror. Didn't worry about it too much, figured it would work its way out - that was ten days or so ago. It has become increasingly annoying. It's not infected, but a hard lump has formed and it is not fun to walk on. The last three days I have bandaged it with a doughnut shaped piece of gauze and a Tegaderm, and poked at it mercilessly with a clean needle (this is actually not painful at all). So far I have made no progress at all! The bandage eases the discomfort, but the foreign body is still there. Really annoying!

When I was on top of Cadillac Mountain I purchased a very nice pair of socks in the shop the Park Service has conveniently placed up there - really soft and comfortable Wigwam socks. I got them because I had forgotten to bring any socks with me, not really necessary but nice to have at night. I like them so much I decided to buy a couple more pairs and discard some old holey socks. Can you believe I can't find any? They must be available. I'll have to go back to the top of Cadillac Mountain!

After not being able to wear earrings for a very long time, I decided enough is enough. I cleaned everything with peroxide and worked a pair of earrings through the holes. I've been keeping everything very clean but trying not to bother it too much. Seems to be working! They are a bit sore and red, which is to be expected, but hopefully in a few days they will settle down and I will be able to have shiny things in my ears again.

Ribs were on sale for 99 cents today. Yes - a whole rack for 99 cents. I bought two. One is in the oven right now and smelling divine.

Very hot today, and overcast off and on. I have barricaded myself in my living room with the A/C. This is also my silent protest of Labor Day weekend. Holidays are not fun for me because of work. I get so tired of everyone asking about what fun I'm having for the holiday...uh...I'm working...I know it is just an occupational hazard of hospital work and I chose this work, but still I get tired of people forgetting that not everyone lives with a regular schedule. Also the tourist hordes are amassing in the town, making it impossible to do anything including get my mail. This is the last weekend when it will be this bad, and I should be sorry they are leaving and taking their wallets with them, but I'm not sorry. Buh-bye!

Woken at about 4 AM by tremendous thunderboomers. Did my black mood bring down this torrential rain and virtually constant thunder and lightning? My ceiling is leaking, luckily in just one place that is easy to put a bucket under. The sad thing is that the roof is brand new - it was completed just before I moved last year. Well, it isn't my roof. It has been raining very heavily for hours now, and the thunder never really stops. The lightning is so frequent I had to use my sleep mask. I don't think there will be many picnics today.

I have figured out how to get Slim Cat to eat. He has been worrying me greatly as he has gone from Slim Cat to Skeleton Cat. I was watching the latest Henri Le Chat Noir video and Party Mix features in the plot. Hmmmm. I don't normally feed stuff like that, but at this point I will try anything. I bought a bag of the junky treats and pushed them into his food. He ate enthusiastically, finished it off, and looked up for more! I can't believe it. Party Mix it is! At this point I will feed him anything he will eat.

Being up in the night meant that I slept very late...very, very late....10 AM! As I have to work tonight, this is kind of tricky. I will have my lie-down a bit later.

If this keeps up, the road will flood - I go over a small causeway to get to the main road. Hopefully it will be low tide.