Page 342 of 590 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 342

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    With the disappearance of the hot flashes has come a resurgence of libido. I am sure the two are related. Briefly considered asking Ex if he was interested in a night of innocent debauchery, but I'm afraid he will drive here at 120 miles an hour and be killed.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, the pan I used to cook the zucchini quiche is ruined! The finish came off when I scrubbed it (using a nonstick-safe sponge and nonabrasive cleanser of course). Very annoyed.

Had a marvelous dinner of salmon cakes, again from Practical Paleo. I'm cooking my way through the book. Although I was tempted by the pumpkin pancakes, I decided to go with the protein choice. Really delicious and I like that the main ingredient is canned salmon, as I can keep that on hand and it is a reasonable price. I've researched Wild Planet brand and am satisfied with their product on all levels. These salmon cakes would be great for any meal and a great pairing with a green salad. I did fry them in bacon grease instead of coconut oil because that is what was already in the pan.

When I was on my way home from Acadia I stopped in a kitchen gadget store - really dangerous place! I bought one of the fancy-dancy silicone spatulas in bright green. Have been using it nonstop! I can now throw away or give away a number of implements that I never use anyway. (Plastic spoon with one melted side is up for grabs - anyone want it?) I can get rid of my useful but scary two piece silicone implements that grow nasty black stuff in the connection no matter what I do.

I keep thinking about Acadia and how much fun it was to camp. I could turn into a really avid camper. Have been looking at tents and cots and sleeping bags. Maybe a little camp stove. Something to make coffee in the morning? Ex's tent was really comfortable, very roomy, I could stand up and there was plenty of room. Very easy to set up, I could do it myself.

Have spent some time reading over the kombucha materials that JudyCr posted here a few pages back. Now that I have been brewing it all makes a lot more sense as I have a better frame of reference. I'm thinking now that maybe I could make my own vinegar. I'm still not self-sufficient in kombucha - I ran out of the first batch very quickly and the second won't be ready for a couple more days. I bottled one of the batches with kiwi (sadly only three of those) and ginger. The other batch will get bottled tomorrow.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I've turned a funny brown color. Yes, I have a tan of sorts. This is new territory for me, having hidden from the sun my whole life. Now, I'm not interested in getting lots of sun spots and wrinkles on my face, and I wear moisturizer with sunscreen every day. But I'm not freaking out about it either. It is weird to me to look down and see my brownish arms. I am a natural redhead, although my pretty strawberry colored hair faded about ten years ago (sniffle). I always burned up like a lobster in a pot in about the same period of time. Not nearly so sensitive now, and I have learned to like the sun.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Plan a date with the ex; that way he won't have to speed over.. Maybe another camping trip before it gets cold?

I am loving those spatulas, GIR, I think.. They are super nice; you can see why they're pricey.

If I serve kombucha to friends or family, they always want more to take home. I keep 2) 2 gallon jars brewing, with at least 10-12 bottles cooling in the fridge. I let it get real strong and cut it with green tea (Ito En)..we are quite hooked on the stuff.

Oh, I'll never get him up here unless there is something in it for him! But I would love to go on another camping trip. I've been looking at my schedule and trying to figure something out.

I don't mind the cost of the spatula; it is virtually indestructible and very functional. It's cheaper to buy one really good thing that I will use constantly than several cheaper things that just don't work as well as I would like.

I've given away my booch also! Which is kind of surprising since I really never offered to share it with anyone...just co-workers who saw me drinking it, couple of friends. They have a taste and that's it, they want it. I surely wish I had some right now!

Very busy morning. Went to my meditation/book group. I slept 'late' - 6:30 AM and so I missed the meditation. We are going on a retreat this fall, which I have already paid for, and I have decided not to go and this morning I told them. They all seemed upset, but they have probably already forgotten. I can get my $$$ back, which is the important thing.

Been cooking up a storm. Strawberries were on sale, so I pureed a quart and put it into my kombucha that was ready for bottling this morning. I also opened up the kiwi jars from yesterday and put some in there also. The phrase 'water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink' seems appropriate here, as I have 16 bottles sitting on my counter but none ready, probably not for two more days. I must admit the iced tea jar with the spigot is pretty cool for bottling!

Made Nom Nom Paleo's green chicken, although it has to marinate overnight so I have just put it into the refrigerator. There was a lot of marinade left in the blender that I couldn't get out, and I remembered that I have a roasted eggplant in the fridge, waiting to be made into something. It is now the world's best tasting baba ganoush. I wouldn't go to the trouble of making the marinade just to add a little to eggplant dip, but it is seriously delicious. If I ever make it again (not sure I will, it is very messy and frankly a lot of trouble) I will try to have some eggplant ready.

Boiled some eggs and made little meatloaves with the eggs inside. Love those! And they will tide me over until the chicken is ready tomorrow, along with the sausages I have left. Also the zucchini quiche. I'm going into my working nights pretty well prepared, despite the fact that the fridge actually looks kind of bare.

Yesterday I got water in my ear and couldn't get it drained - then I forgot to do anything about it when I got home, until my ear started hurting...put some rubbing alcohol in there today. Hope that does the trick! No swimming for me today. It is already quite hot and it is 11 AM, so I need to think about winding down and relaxing. Work tonight.

Another very helpful kitchen item WMF Profi-Plus 11 -Inch Stainless Steel Ball Whisk: Kitchen & Dining: Amazon.com

Our weather has flip flopped; yours warm and ours sooo cool with low humidity.. 50's early morning. I played tennis for 2 hrs yesterday and this morning, never broke a sweat (well, it was doubles so not much going on there except gossip).

Picked up some of your niman ranch sausages last night.. Will try tomorrow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ho ho! We already have one of those: I won't need to develop a new case of appliance envy.

My mom heard me say using our pepper mill would one day make my wrist hurt.
    Honestly, she went back home and before the week was out this was in our mailbox.
    Amazon.com: Peugeot PM20613 Elis U'Select Electric 8 Inch Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel: Home & Kitchen
    Probably my most favorite thing in the kitchen, second to coffee pot

This is my favorite peppercorns brand "Peppercorns Black Whole, Tellicherry Certified Organic - 1 lb": Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Oh, I'll never get him up here unless there is something in it for him!
    Hmmm, seems to me there would be something in it for him! ;-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5