Page 341 of 590 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 341

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Noticed the meadow that slopes down to the water got mowed today. Funny I didn't hear it! That means that I can visit my tree friends again for the first time in months. I went down and communed with them despite the poison ivy that rampages joyously around their mighty trucks. Then I sat on one of the granite outcroppings for some time, rolling up my sleeves and pant legs, barefoot of course. Feeling much better. Meditated for a long time on my favorite Bible verse, Matthew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. IMHO no matter your belief system, or lack of it, these are words to live by. When I am feeling a bit down, these few simple words give me the kick that I need to take control and change what needs changing, and the courage to do so. Particularly with me, as I find it extremely difficult to ask for anything even when I should.

Came back and washed the poison ivy off my feet and sandals, hopefully in time and with good effect. We shall see!

Note for long-time readers of my journal: about three months after going primal, I started losing hair like crazy. My doctor told me not to worry, that I was probably going through a follicle reset. After a few weeks, the hair loss stopped and then a few weeks after I noticed crazy new growth. That was a few months ago, and now I have so much hair on my head that is about 4 inches long that I look like I have bangs and layers around my face. To be honest, my hair is nicer than it has ever been despite my being old and gray. I had some highlights put in about three months ago and that still looks nice, and summer has added some natural ones. (Trying to focus on the positive here!)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The kombucha is not ready yet despite being on Day Eight. It's not nearly tart enough. I'll be sure to taste it every day to make sure it doesn't go over the tartness top. I got some beautiful kiwis that I was going to put in, but they are so delicious that I will probably eat them. Usually kiwis are too acidic for me and leave an unpleasant aftertaste, but not these! I have some ginger, though, and I'll come up with something else.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Another nice thing to report. My hot flashes are gone. I weaned myself off the supplements since I wasn't going to be able to get any until November anyway. I haven't had a hot flash since last week! Long may it last!

Slept great but still feeling tired, although not tired enough to sleep more. Woke up to the welcome and lovely sound of rain pattering away on the skylights. I'm so glad it is raining today. All the cats were snuggled up around me. Funny how they do that.

Very disappointed in the new Masterpiece Mystery. I think it is called Silk. Since it is one of only a few TV programs that I watch, it is extra disappointing. Just a typical criminal defense lawyer thing, although they are British so they wear wigs. Horribly predictable. Yawn. Of course I never have enjoyed lawyer dramas. I needed to go to sleep early anyway.

No poison ivy has appeared on my feet so I either didn't get into it or I washed it off.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay for the good things: tree friends, hair, absence of hot flashes, so much good food in your life that you can lay down stores for the winter ,kombucha with or without kiwi!

I am not a very bibley person, but one of my favorite verses is John 15:13. "Greater love hath no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Guaranteed to make me weep if I dwell on it for more than a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

I am not a very bibley person, but one of my favorite verses is John 15:13. "Greater love hath no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Guaranteed to make me weep if I dwell on it for more than a moment.

So true! I wonder how I would measure up to that standard?

The kombucha in the big round container is ready for bottling but the one in taller skinnier one is not, despite being 24 hours younger. It just ferments faster in the wider container. Might look into getting a second wide container and using the skinny one for storing booch in the refrigerator, with a handy spigot for drawing it off a glass at a time...hmmmmmm....this idea is appealing to me. Would also save a great deal of room in the fridge.

I made a great big crustless quiche this morning inspired by Practical Paleo. Sanfilippo only calls for carrots and zucchini, but I added onion and garlic. Zoodler was fully employed for all these veg. I also added a big tablespoon of herbs de provence and two teaspoons of salt, which she doesn't call for. Her recipes are very short on salt, which may be healthier (?) but not very tasty. Thinking I might also try Nom Nom Paleo's Green Chicken as I have all the ingredients except for chicken. The others are growing on my balcony and would like to be used.

Quiche is very good - basically it is just a lot of veg held together by some eggs. I overdid the salt! Forgot that I had added salt to the zucchini to draw off water. But luckily I love salt. Will keep very well and make nice leftovers. However I am dismayed that the pan is proving impossible to clean, despite being nonstick and liberally greased. In the future I will have to make this with nonstick aluminum foil, something I hate to use because of the expense and because I try to minimize cooking in foil.

Also have a new batch of stock simmering away in the slowcooker. I haven't made stock for awhile because I had a very good supply, but I am nearing the end and had some bones from an organic chicken I scored at the food co-op.

Sitting here in my new 2-piece tank suit, ready to go to the pool. Well, I do need actual clothing.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    How you feeling in the new tank? I'm hoping you feel good and confident!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm feeling great in the new tank! It was just about a year ago that I finally got enough nerve to put on a suit and jump in a pool. That was a happy day. Had a good swim, feeling good.

Came home and had a large bowl of green leafy things, two pieces of bacon, and a Niman Ranch andouille sausage. NM sausages are wicked expensive, but they are the best I have ever had. Ex was swooning over them last week.

BW Cat is pulling the little sections of grass out of the pot and throwing them up in the air and then ripping them into pieces. Well, I did grow it for the cats, I guess I should let them do whatever they want with it.

Scale said 139.5 this morning, which made me ridiculously happy. Yes, I know it is meaningless and I shouldn't be weighing obsessively and my scale is absolute crap anyway. But you know I'm going to do it. I don't want to see the number 4 anywhere in my weight except at the end.