Page 337 of 590 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 337

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    All this talk about your kombucha making skills has me thinking I need to place an order-- I'll take a case of cherry chia kombucha, please.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You should start brewing! It's fun!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sio, I leave my bottles on the counter just a day, by then I'm seeing bubbles and foam, then refrigerate.
    These instructions mention putting in plastic while carbonating, but I haven't done that.
    How to Make Kombucha Tea at Home | The Kitchn

Yeah, I think I left them out too long. Don't want to go to plastic, though. I see their reasoning, but glass is better for other reasons IMHO. It's summer after all, and I think things happen more quickly in this weather - the temps have been ideal for fermentation lately.

Performance tonight! Woot!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yeah, I think I left them out too long. Don't want to go to plastic, though. I see their reasoning, but glass is better for other reasons IMHO. It's summer after all, and I think things happen more quickly in this weather - the temps have been ideal for fermentation lately.

Performance tonight! Woot!
    I know you'll be great!!
    Big hug.

Performance went very well. Although we could have distilled it down to one song, sung by the lower voices only:

It brought down the house! Great fun.

The Ex is here, he came to see my concert. It is really nice to have someone in the audience. I'm happy with my singing, although I was very tired at the end. As we were singing them through, it occurred to me that they are all quite difficult. Luckily we have some pretty accomplished singers. (Not me)

Got home quite late and cooked a grass-fed hanger steak, beet greens and mushrooms. Did that ever hit the spot! Finished the meal by sharing a bottle of my homebrewed booch. Ex loved it! I will admit, it is pretty good. Only one of my homebrews left until the new batch.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-17-2013 at 06:07 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    What an amazing stage! Great performance - but I'm confused by the dancers with the pointy shoes and hair? Obviously I know nothing of this piece and there must be some meaning to it. The soloist can really hold that note! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Impressive!

But, I saw only men - where are you?

Glad you enjoyed some time with the ex
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    What an amazing stage! Great performance - but I'm confused by the dancers with the pointy shoes and hair? Obviously I know nothing of this piece and there must be some meaning to it. The soloist can really hold that note! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Impressive!

But, I saw only men - where are you?

Glad you enjoyed some time with the ex
    Yes, we are only interested in seeing you, lol. jk. It was beautiful, and the lung capacity on that guy must be massive.

Oh no, that is not my performance, that is just the song I found on youtube. Our male soloist, a tenor, is far more impressive, however!

Bottled up my second brewing of booch and started two more batches. Well, one will receive the scoby tomorrow morning. Close enough! Between the Ex and I, all the kombucha is gone. He loves my homebrew and asked to take some with him when he goes home.

Got horribly sunburned today. Feel like an idiot and look like a lobster. Ex and I headed out to the hardware store to buy a couple of screws and decided to go on a boat trip. Nuff said there. It was wicked fun, a wonderful day out, but I'm roasted. I did not have a speck of makeup on, or sunscreen. Between the wind and the sun and the reflection off the water...

Also accidentally ate wheat. Got in an argument with a waitress. Not going back to that restaurant! Nuff said there too. Well, I'll say one thing. She basically accused me of being a faker when I said I had a gluten intolerance. It was kind of an ugly scene and I'll just let it go. I only had one bite, which is enough to cause trouble. But I'm just moving forward and not dwelling on it. Must be more careful at restaurants. The thing is that I rarely eat out and my defences were down - I was having fun, I had had a glass of wine on the boat...you get the picture.

Well. Our second and last performance is tomorrow night. Very much looking forward to it, but I will be so sad when it is over!