Page 335 of 590 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 335

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I woke up today I was struck by a terrible thought. Did I put sugar in my new batch of kombucha? Did I? I don't remember! I was horrorstruck. My scoby will die, for one thing. I examined the jar, and all seems well, lots of growth going on. I ventured to taste it, and yes, there is obviously sugar in there. The taste, after three days, is nothing you want to think about very much. All will be well.

I haven't started my second batch because I put the entire scoby, mother and baby in the current batch. I will have to wait until I am ready to decant and bottle. Of course I will have three scobys by then. Have I ever mentioned that I think kombucha is a big factor in my weight loss and in my maintenance as well? Yes, it has some carbs. Yes, those carbs are from sugar. But not many and not much. It is oddly satisfying and when I think about having a snack, I am always happy to have kombucha instead. I think it is the tart flavor that helps kill the false hunger. Also the probiotic qualities are most welcome. Who can't use better digestion? I'm sitting here sipping on a bottle of my homebrew right now. I scored some Meyer lemons, organic better yet, and I can't believe how good it tastes. This is a blueberry batch. Love the fruit flavors. My next flavor choice will be lemon and ginger.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    When I woke up today I was struck by a terrible thought. Did I put sugar in my new batch of kombucha? Did I? I don't remember! I was horrorstruck. My scoby will die, for one thing. I examined the jar, and all seems well, lots of growth going on. I ventured to taste it, and yes, there is obviously sugar in there. The taste, after three days, is nothing you want to think about very much. All will be well.

I haven't started my second batch because I put the entire scoby, mother and baby in the current batch. I will have to wait until I am ready to decant and bottle. Of course I will have three scobys by then. Have I ever mentioned that I think kombucha is a big factor in my weight loss and in my maintenance as well? Yes, it has some carbs. Yes, those carbs are from sugar. But not many and not much. It is oddly satisfying and when I think about having a snack, I am always happy to have kombucha instead. I think it is the tart flavor that helps kill the false hunger. Also the probiotic qualities are most welcome. Who can't use better digestion? I'm sitting here sipping on a bottle of my homebrew right now. I scored some Meyer lemons, organic better yet, and I can't believe how good it tastes. This is a blueberry batch. Love the fruit flavors. My next flavor choice will be lemon and ginger.
    I look forward to it, too, I bought one of each color of these for a gift, so cute, and thinking how great kombucha would be in them, ordered a set for me, love them.

Color Pop Juice Glass - Anthropologie.com

Those are super cool! I'm also lusting after a couple of these: Amazon.com: GIR Spatula: Red: Kitchen & Dining

GIR Spatula.jpg

I could throw out tons of junk in my kitchen if I had a couple of these bad boys.

Tonight was final dress rehearsal for our concerts. I did well until about halfway, when I got kind of hoarse. I think I've been overdoing the practice.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Oh, my, they think highly of those, don't they?? Was gonna buy several, wowza, settled for 1, in yellow,
    But I really needed it

Hope you can rest your voice, stay hydrated.

Yes, they are pricey! But indestructible and they don't stain, one piece so no icky mold - as long as you don't lose it, you will have it for life. Nom Nom Paleo is giving some away. I entered the contest but of course I have no hope of actually winning. Still, I can dream. She obviously has boatloads of money and gets lots of stuff for free anyway. Hey, this is sort of a blog! And I even got spammed twice last night. Someone, send me swag!

I don't actually know anything about this product, just ran across it, but I think I need it too:

OXO Good Grips® 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set Clear - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

The thing is, I will have to actually go through my stuff and GET RID OF STUFF I don't use/need/like.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Yes, they are pricey! But indestructible and they don't stain, one piece so no icky mold - as long as you don't lose it, you will have it for life!
    I got lime green. If it works out well I will start adding and get rid of other spatulas and spoons.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I don't actually know anything about this product, just ran across it, but I think I need it too:

OXO Good Grips® 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set Clear - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

The thing is, I will have to actually go through my stuff and GET RID OF STUFF I don't use/need/like.
    Those little beakers are CUTE!! I was just at zappos yesterday ordering a pair of mephisto allrounders and this morning's email says they've already shipped, fab service!!

You do need your own blog, you would be great, and I'm not just saying that~

I added a red spatula.. Red is my secondary color..My kitchen is industrial with granite (gray, white, little black), stainless, white cabinets and pale yellow walls, so I want this little table Amazon.com: Home Collection 30-Inch Loft Group Distressed Wheel Table, Yellow: Home & Kitchen. I love the lettering on it and really love the wheel look. I want a coffee table with wheels on it but nothing really wrong, per DH, with the one we have.

That is great! Your kitchen sounds lovely. Tell the DH that you can make some poorer person very happy by donating your current table to a charity shop and so provide opportunities and jobs for others by purchasing a new wheeled table. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You should have a blog!