Page 334 of 590 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 334

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sometimes I worry about what I would do if I couldn't afford to buy good food. I spend a lot on food! Like if I lost my job. What would I live on? Rice and lentils? Would that be the best choice if I was really poor? I can't imagine being so poor that I couldn't afford some meat and certainly I would be able to get eggs. Well, I hope I never have to find out.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    It sounds so fun - having a hard time restraining myself!
    It is fun - it is easy but you have to be meticulous, which is a good combination. Just enough challenge to make it fun, and lots of room to be creative.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I think about that all the time. I spend a lot of money on food. It's hard to calculate because I buy so much in bulk and don't keep careful records, but it is way more than when I was eating "regular." Actually I never ate the SAD, I have always been against processed foods, I've pretty much always followed what they call an Ancestral diet for the most part, but wasn't eating organic and was eating a lot of whole grain stuff.

But I wonder what I'd do if I couldn't afford to eat the way I do now. I guess I would have to try to make the best choices available.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I would definitely have to reduce the quantities I eat! Moar fat, I suppose, if I had the strength of will. Must always remember the incredible edible egg.

So many things happening recently. I received an email from my cousin late last night - the 40-years-long-lost cousin. It was very pleasant and he is interested in meeting. Somewhat oddly, my siblings are a bit divided on this. My brother, who normally is staunchly pro-family no matter what, is cynical about our cousin's motivation, i.e. he thinks he wants something. I have pointed out that organ donation is really a long shot and our googling has shown that our cousin is a very successful businessman and I would be surprised if he wants money. He has been married for many years and has a large family of his own. I think he is simply motivated by curiosity and simple and natural desire to reconnect with blood relations. Both of his parents (my aunt and uncle) died within weeks of each other last winter. I am going forward with this belief until I am proven wrong.

Our choir director announced last night that we are going to sing Carmina Burana next year! Very exciting stuff! I am glad he told us so that we have time to prepare. I will have to work very hard, but I am thrilled, as is the rest of the choir. He must have great faith in us to give us such a challenging and dynamic work. He is also looking into hiring a nationally known soprano to perform with us. I am beside myself at the thought of performing on the same stage as a famous singer.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    That's very exciting that your cousin is wanting to put the past where it belongs and find relationships with family members again.

I'm toying with the idea of making my own kombucha --- but I need to find a very precise "how to" list before I'm going to give it a shot. For now I will gather bottles and find a good sized jar.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, it's so easy. I was scared, too, even DH said, don't poison us, please LOL.

Make tea your regular way, 6 or 8 organic tea bags, I use earl grey, 6 or 8 cups filtered water.
    You can adjust this to ever how much you want to make.
    I bought a 2 gallon glass jar, you won't use the lid, get an open weave dish cloth and rubber band for the top, it has to breathe.

I do 2/3 cup of organic sugar, let it dissolve in the tea and let the tea completely cool. Slide the scoby and the juice it came in(I bought mine at amazon) into the cooled tea. The tea has to be cooled or it will 'cook' the scoby and it'll be no good. Put the cloth on it and set somewhere out of direct sun.

Test after 10 days, it will taste a little vinegary, bottle up in whatever bottles you have. I had a box of yoohoo bottles and caps I'd saved and also some glass water bottles I'd bought at amazon. Clean them thoroughly. After bottling, leave them on your counter for a couple of days; the tea will carbonate and be so fizzy wonderful. Then put in fridge. Before drinking, I add a few drops of liquid stevia ( KAL brand name, my fave) and the juice and slices of scrubbed org lemon. You will absolutely love it and the energy it gives you.

Thanks I may try to get brave enough once I have saved up a few bottles!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Yes, it is very easy! I will add - it can take hours for the tea to cool. As in all day or overnight. Be sure to plan for that, timewise. Also, no metal can touch the scoby. You can make the tea in a stockpot but be sure to wait until you have poured into a glass container before adding the scoby. Don't use metal utensils - wood or plastic, please!

I think the hardest part was assembling the equipment. It's not hard but it is different than what you normally do in the kitchen - at least in my kitchen.

Goat milk is off my menu. After drinking goat milk for a week, I have a small patch of eczema on my face. Not happy about this! The splash of milk in my tea is okay, as long as it is just a splash, but no drinking of milk for me!

I just realized I emptied the recyclables into the giant bin a couple days ago.......... so I will have to go dumpster diving to gather the kombucha bottles and bring them back into the house for my kombucha making! Good thing the dumpster is my own - and not a community bin!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I heard back from my long-lost cousin but still don't know what prompted him to contact us after all of these years. I sent him another email but didn't ask - maybe in the next email. My family is quite divided on this. My oldest sister has hard feelings towards the younger cousin - they were in the same class in school and there is some baggage there. Although I certainly don't want to tell anyone what to do and I don't know the whole story, I am content to let the water flow under the bridge. It was over 40 years ago. People change.

Very busy night at work and slept well. Normally I get up after three hours on my day off, but I lazed in bed for quite a while and now the day is slipping away. Dress rehearsal tonight!