Page 331 of 519 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 5184

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 331

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Interesting.... Makes me question my brother even being on it. When they said he's a diabetic they automatically started him on Statin

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Good post on fear. Something that I've been dealing with lately.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Good post on fear. Something that I've been dealing with lately.
    Yeah, I realized how many of my decisions are based on fear - the decision to stay - the decision to go - all fear based. The thing is, life slings stuff at you, and you handle it and it is all okay...until it isn't. It's also tied in with the crippling self-doubt monster that regularly visits me, and maybe some of you as well. Because self-doubt is actually a form of fear.

Em - everybody has to make their own decision, but before anyone goes on statins they need to do some research. Statins have serious side effects that can and often do outweigh any benefit they may have. Sadly, you can't trust the mainstream medical establishment to look out for you.

Went on a farmers market binge. I foolishly thought that since it was cloudy and had been raining that no one would be there. I was wrong, which is great for the farmers. The tourists made me nuts!

Example:

Tourist: What are those?

Farmer: Blueberries. High bush blueberries.

Tourist: I've never seen blueberries that big.

Farmer: They are high bush blueberries. The small ones are low bush.

Tourist: Are they from Maine?

Farmer: Yes, my farm is 6 miles from here on Rte. 27

Tourist: I don't think those are blueberries. They are too big.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!

I bought the blueberries out of spite. They are really, really delicious though. Taste like blueberry jam.

Another stand:

Tourist: Can I take pictures of your vegetables?

Farmer: Sure.

Tourist Can I take your picture?

Farmer: I'd rather not.

Tourist: But you look so Maine-y! So rustic! No one in Boston will believe it if I don't get a picture.

Farmer: No Pictures!

The mushroom stand:

Tourist: I need a pound of mushrooms.

Vendor: Do you know what kind? What are you going to use them for?

Tourist: I don't know, my wife just said to buy a pound of mushrooms.

Vendor: Alright, I'll put together a variety. (Starts to put mushrooms in bag.)

Tourist: No! Not those! I don't like those.

Vendor: Uh...okay...they are oyster mushrooms, really popular.

Tourist: They look funny.

Vendor: Maybe you would like to pick out the mushrooms.

Tourist: No, you go ahead, I don't know anything about them.

Vendor: (Picks another mushroom and starts to put it in the bag)

Tourist: No! Not that one! It looks funny.

At this point I walked away.

Got a major haul though. Onions, beets, potatoes, goat cheese, goat milk, heirloom tomatoes, cilantro, eggplant. All of it is roasted or cooked in some form and ready to eat. I don't normally eat potatoes, but those little colorful baby potatoes get me every time. They don't seem to have the same effect as mature potatoes. Maybe because they are mostly peel?

Had a lunch of baby potatoes with cilantro/parsley/caper/lemon/walnut oil gremolata, tomato, goat cheese with lemon and pepper (try it - great combo). Now unwinding to get some sleep before work tonight. Unfortunately it is really, really noisy. Chain saws, band saws, kids screaming. Really, I live in the back of nowhere, does there really have to be all of this noise?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Unfortunately it is really, really noisy. Chain saws, band saws, kids screaming. Really, I live in the back of nowhere, does there really have to be all of this noise?
    They're not running the kids THROUGH the saws, are they? That would account for the screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    They're not running the kids THROUGH the saws, are they? That would account for the screaming.
    You know, I didn't think of that. Probably!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Tourists! You sure do get some strange types!! Kind of wonder if they left their brains behind when they went on vacation. I vividly remember the US tourists my brother and I encountered in SA (!!!!) They were so obnoxious on so many levels and we avoided going anywhere they were. My DH always says that the US sends the weirdo's away and keeps the good ones home I was delighted to find that there are lots of Americans that are really normal and nice when I moved here!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Just another day in paradise - rainy and cool, perfect for sleeping, except for the sawing and pounding! Landlord is building a little stair for his boat. I drowned it out pretty well with two fans going and of course my trusty earplugs.

Developing a new routine for winding down and going to sleep in the morning thanks to the new brush I got for the felines. They love it so much and it is so great for their coats and also a bonding experience for us - after feeding them I sit down and brush them in turn, about five minutes each. This is very relaxing for me and I think it will be a good healthy way to bring on sleep on these mornings that often are a bit too crazy.

Must shower and get to work!

My posts get really boring when I'm working, don't they? I don't have much to say. Went to work. Ate clean. Came home and slept.

Very busy last night, which is good!

I have discovered the tremendous advantage of buying bulk spices. The food co-op has a large selection that I had ignored until recently, when I ran out of several of my favorite ones at the same time. The prospect of replacing them was a bit daunting; as you know spices are expensive. I've been going through them like water lately. Cost of 2 oz. smoked paprika at grocery store: $7.50. Cost of 2 oz. smoked paprika from bulk bin at co-op: $1.80. Cost of putting the paprika in the empty bottle: $0. Reusing empty paprika bottle instead of putting it in recycling bin: Priceless.

Well, time for unwinding and sleeping and back to work -

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I don't think you're boring
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thank you! Sometimes I am boring, though.

Well, the kombucha will be ready for tasting tomorrow! I am very excited. What will it taste like, I wonder, I wonder! I'm going to put some raspberries and blueberries in some of it. I'm going to save boatloads of $$$$$$$$.

At work again, my daytime counterparts are complete slackers so I had a lot of catchup to do. In addition, IT took our old computers and left us new ones that don't work. Hmmmm. Boss is on vaca. Double hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Carb cravings today! Had some almond butter.