Page 329 of 590 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 329

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Lol.... I'm already looking at that darn spiral veggie cutter because of Siobhan.

I have the nomnompaleo recipe app on my phone and iPad and find it pretty handy. Her actual cookbook I believe, is set to come out December this year! Just Sayin'! Might be worth adding to your list, Sabine!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    My love list would be long:

Merrell Pace Gloves, Ballet slippers
    Spiral Veggie Cutter
    Joseph Campbell
    Derek Tangye
    Duolingo
    NomNom
    KOMBUCHA
    Brazilian cheese bread
    Talenti GELATO
    Chocolate pots
    CARNITAS
    and especially that Brahms performance

You couldn't find a better life coach ~

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hahahaha - and I don't get a cut of any of it! I should have bought stock in a kombucha company and probably Talenti gelato also.

My stomach is really sore and I realized that it is because of new swimming stroke I devised to work my core. Must be working! I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but I lay on my back and scull sideways with my arms (arms stay level with the body, not coming out of the water) and a normal flutter kick, but I concentrate on keeping the abs tight with pelvic tilt and tail tucked under just as you would for any ab exercise. It's actually pretty fun and surprisingly efficient.

Choir rehearsal went quite well, fortunately, as our performance is less than two weeks away. We are signing Evensong at the Episcopal church on Sunday which I am very much looking forward to. We all heard for the first time the song the tenors and bass/baritones are singing without the higher voices. One of the tenors has an extensive solo - he sounds like an angel! I am serious! His voice is heavenly, truly extraordinarily beautiful. It is a Greek piece called Kalinka, light and humorous. The audience is going to love it, and it is the one piece they will remember from the concert.

I wish you could all come to my concert!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Well if we are making lists:
    KE tea
    A few other types of teas
    Duolingo - although I've been unfaithful lately
    Spiral slicer - but Nom Nom could have influenced
    Paleo sauce book
    Nom Nom cookbook
    Talenti gelato
    Brazillian cheese bread
    A sincere appreciation for my RT peers
    Regular reading of quote of the week to see if its hers!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

You know, this week I thought I was going to get the Quote, but alas, I did not. Very cocky of me, no?

Slept great last night, very cool night. Unseasonably cool here, but I am not complaining, oh no I am not! In looking back over the hysteria of my posts during the heat wave I wonder that I didn't do something crazy. But today is just another day in paradise, 70's, dry, still. Birds and bees busily do what they do and making lots of noise.

This Sunday my choir is singing Evensong in the Episcopal church as I mentioned before. This is something of a fulfillment of a dream for me. When I lived in England, in the London area, I was very poor and lived in a rented room - not very nice. Of necessity I spent a lot of time out of that grim room, but as I said, I was poor. But there are lots of unique cultural activities in London that don't cost anything, and one of those is attending church services in marvelous cathedrals with unbelievably gorgeous choirs and organs. Also concerts in these beautiful places, which tended to be quite inexpensive. I used to hear those angelic voices and wonder what it would be like to be able to sing like that and be a part of something so exquisite, and to be right in the middle of it. And here I am going to do just that. And yes, going primal gave me the courage and will to start singing and be reasonably okay after a lifetime of thinking I couldn't do it and I wasn't good enough. I'm not a great singer but my voice is well enough to add to the others, and knowing my limitations means that I can tailor my own performance to blend in. Sort of a metaphor for life.

Went to my meditation/book group this morning bright and early - so nice to wake without an alarm. Came home pretty hungry and made a very large omelet/pancake thing with onions, garlic, zucchini, 3 eggs, coconut flour. Yes, I used my spiral cutter to great effect. Ate half of it and put half away. Also had half an avocado.

This morning I am going to relax and not really do anything. I have a busy evening, as I'm going to a science lecture and then to an evening of meditative chant. I am quite hoarse also as I have been singing a lot and I get hoarse very easily, a legacy of many sore throats in my younger days, many bouts of laryngitis when I did not rest my voice properly afterwards.

Not sure what kind of movement I will fit in today, maybe a long walk. Think I will not swim today as that might be overdoing it.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Kombucha update: It is looking very good! Well, like it should. Like tea with floaty stuff at the top. Can't wait to taste it, not til this weekend though. I've given up on the pH strips unless we have some at work that I can have. The local drugstore doesn't carry them, and if they do no one knows where they are. I'm not going to purchase a huge pack of them, and the ones on Amazon have decidedly mixed reviews. Seems there is a question of accuracy, and I would rather not bother with something that could be more of a hindrance that a help. I'll just rely on my taste, which I think is good.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I used these instructions and it comes out wonderful How to Make Kombucha Tea at Home | The Kitchn

The first batch I forgot to leave out after bottling and I didn't have the carbonation.. I think I love the fizzles to replace my deep love of diet Pepsi.. Took me a long time to get that stuff out of my mind, thx to kombucha I never go down that aisle at the store.

Great instructions! Very simple and clear. I think everything is coming along nicely. I have a variety of old jars and bottles saved to put my own brew into.

I used to be positively addicted to Diet Coke. Haven't touched it in two years! Good riddance. Can't imagine drinking it now.

This is bubbling on the stove right now: Zigni Recipe - Food.com - 31076. Have been doing some weird kitchen machinations. I took the liquid from my meh doro wat, strained it, and used it for the beef stew. I felt I was wasting it in the chicken. Used two tablespoons of berbere, and I employed it as a dry rub. Rubbed it into the stew beef and left it for awhile, then browned it. I think tomatoes are the magic ingredient here - the liquid is thicker and also the acidity is welcome, it is what brings the flavors together. I also added tomato paste. Again, a bit of thickness. Also, I took the strainings, added them to the tomato water and tasted it. Pretty good! Added it back to the chicken (doro wat) so it won't be dry and horrible. Will let you know how the zigni turns out.

Report on the Zigni: I give it an A. Really, really good. When it first started simmering, it had a raw taste, not too appealing. After an hour the flavors had blended nicely. The first taste is of a spicy stew, then the heat builds, not too fiery, but distinct. Just the way I like it. The sauce is nicely textured and of good thickness. Of course I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so who knows what will happen next time I make it. And I ate it with a hard boiled egg. I think this recipe will work well with lamb, if I ever find any at a reasonable price.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Disclaimer: I make no claims that my recent forays in Ethiopian food are authentic. They are kind of loosely based on that great tradition.

Went for a long walk in the sun along my beautiful road. I walked down to where a river flows into the Gut and there is a causeway with a large drainage culvert in the center. There were a bunch of kayakers going through it. It looked like fun but they didn't seem to be having much fun. Maybe the trip got more fun later on. Walked for over an hour, although it was more like a stroll, I make no attempt to be fast or work out or anything. Lots of looking at stuff, from the little rocks on the shoulder to the big rocks the glaciers left behind to the houses and trees and birds. So many things to look at! I tried to take a short cut on a gravel road through some woods but when I was only a short way in the mosquitoes attacked me, so I went back. Did I mention that I got eaten alive on my walk on Sunday? I probably got 20 bites. Asked my friend if she would come visit me in the hospital when I get West Nile. She said no. I think she was pissed at me for getting bitten. Yes, I had bug spray. I'm just indescribably delicious.

When I got home I sat on my favorite rock in the field for a while. Got lots of sun today. Perfect weather.

Just had a large salad with all sorts of things like avocado and blueberries and walnuts. Also finished the leftover meatloaf. Opened a jar of kimchi I bought yesterday and tasted it. Pretty good stuff. Lacto-fermented and all, a local product.

Read my Paleo magazine cover to cover. Lots and lots of ads for fake "Paleo" food. Got to admit they look pretty good. Some really good articles on a wide variety of subjects.