Page 327 of 590 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 327

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Major score! The local spice company makes a Berbere mix! When I went to the vinegar store, I checked out the spice rack and got a terrific surprise! And I've tasted it and it is really, really, really good. My mouth caught fire, but still the complex flavors came through...and that was just a bit on my tongue. Can't wait to cook it up into a stew. Not tonight, though. I need to eat down a bit. Also got a major treat. They had fig cake - ingredients: figs, almonds. A slice of that with a couple of slivers of artisan cheese and a good Chardonnay - oh yes. Not paleo, but okay.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Not hungry and so maybe will just have a really simple salad, lettuce, celery, chicken.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, it's true I'm not really hungry but I couldn't help but cook: Doro Wat (Spicy Ethiopian Chicken Stew) | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo. Smells amazing. You know I will eat at least one drumstick!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay, now it's about noon on Sunday. Just got back from church. Decided to show up for summer choir - there were 5 of us, scary stuff! But it was okay. Fun, actually. It is so much nicer to actually be part of the service instead of just sitting there. And it is fun to sing, and it is appreciated.

Came home and had leftover zucchini pancake and meatloaf.

Backing up to last night, finished the Doro Wat and so far the jury is out. It is not hard to make, but it is very time consuming and potentially very messy. I don't know why, but it wasn't that good. The spice mix was great - I tasted it and it was great, but the flavors didn't get into the chicken and the chicken was bland in a really spicy but watery broth (my own bone broth). Somehow need to get the flavors infused into the chicken. Am wondering if boneless breast meat (anathema, I know) would have been better. It might have absorbed the flavors better. Maybe some magic has happened overnight in the fridge.

Slept very well. Woke up about 3 AM and it was so beautiful I didn't want to go back to sleep. The French doors were open and it was very cool and fresh and the stars were brilliant in the skylights. I was so warm and cozy in my fleece blanket and all the cats snuggled up. Yes, life is good. But I did go back to sleep and woke up feeling great and decided to go to summer choir, which brings me back to the beginning of my post -

Went hiking with a friend and had fun but got eaten alive by mosquitos. Many huge bites. Then we decided to go swimming in a lake, but as soon as we got in we heard a crack of thunder and saw lightning. A beautiful storm blew through, lashing rain for just a few minutes. So now I am home for the night. There is a film I want to see, but to be honest I don't have the will to get myself there - would much rather just hang out at home.

Going to try out my doro wat and hope it is better on the second day!

The doro wat was better, still not that good. Not worth the trouble. I wonder what else I could use the berbere for? I think it would be good with beef.

Spilled an entire glass of wine all over myself and the sofa. Luckily there was a throw over the sofa. Guess that is a message - no wine tonight!

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    I love nomnompaleo. Sorry to hear that one of he recipes didn't turn out like it should. I need to find some new go to lunch and dinner items, I may have to browse the recipe app I have of hers and see what I can find. You have any suggestions?

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I looked at that recipe, and it does sound mighty fine. You said yours was watery, did you reduce it enough after the slow simmer? That would concentrate the flavours some more, I expect. I might have to give that a try if I come across some of the berbere spice. One bulk place nearby does have an amazing range of odd spices and such, so it's possible. I usually see at least a few unfamiliar things there.

I did reduce it, and it should have been thicker; onions are a fine thickener, and it has plenty of them. I don't want to discourage anyone from making it, as it is probably just me. The spice mix, berbere, is great, though. Nothing wrong with the spices!

Em, I have made many of her recipes and adore them. I particularly like the Asian Cauliflower Rice, Asian meatballs, Thai Curry Chicken, and tons of the side dishes, like sweet potato fries, prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Her Mexican chocolate pots are a staple.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    This looks great Chicken Berbere Recipe - Food.com - 241342

Such a cute video about puppy learning to walk

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    That does look good!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html