Page 326 of 590 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 326

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I loveeee that book.. I've had fabulous get-togethers using only her recipes, asking a relative or friend to bring bread for those who feel like they'll die if they don't eat it.

Another really great one: The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking: Entire Month of Paleo Meals: Bill Staley, Hayley Mason: 9781936608492: Amazon.com: Books
    Last edited by JudyCr; 08-03-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I am going to make one or two of her muffin recipes and try them out on my co-workers - I won't tell them about the no-grain aspect. I like that they aren't fake do-ups of CW food, but well, practical paleo recipes. The book is aptly named.

Guess what I did this morning? Swam! It was WONDERFUL! There were only three other lap swimmers, all very sleek and accomplished men who were there when I arrived and were still there when I left, and hadn't stopped once. No crowds and the place was spotless. It appears that in the interim while I was out the pool has been deep cleaned. I am, of course, horribly out of shape now but I didn't do too badly. I am so glad I went, now it is raining and my Plan B, a long hike, is not practical.

It is very cool and I am glad my kombucha is tucked away in a warm place.

Came home and whipped up some zucchini pancakes from Practical Paleo. The recipe is simple but she has thoughtfully worked out the proportions for me. Just coconut flour, eggs, zucchini, salt and pepper. Surprisingly delicious. Also would be an excellent side dish, believe it or not. Wish I had remembered to buy bacon! I ate half and put the rest away, probably to be consumed tonight with some sort of protein.

I am going to be lazy and make some tea and read and hang out with the felines and watch the rain.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I need a camera badly - the felines are all asleep in a big pile on the bed - it is sickeningly cute. I guess they are getting along okay!

Forgot to mention I slept like the dead in my regular bed. Not too long - 6 hours, but very well. Woke up, wide awake and raring to go at 5 AM. All three cats were sleeping on me. Not sure why this didn't wake me up as this is about 35 lbs. of cat.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is a lot of cat on ya.

iPhone 5's are reasonable now since the new ones are coming out soon.
    I signed a 2 yr contract with Verizon and they dropped their price even more.
    It takes really good pics and has so many other cool features.
    Is there an apple store near you?

There is one reasonably close, about 45 minutes away. Verizon and U.S. Cellular are the only two services that reliably work here, and Verizon is far superior. Maybe it's time!

Made a meatloaf spiced up with my favorite Indian-style spices. Coriander, cumin, mustard, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, cardamom, salt, pepper. Also tomato paste and an egg. It was so delicious that I ate way too much of it, almost half. It was only a pound of ground beef, though. I have one of those funky meatloaf pans that has an insert so the fat runs out the bottom. I saw a TV chef making fun of this once but I swear by it. I'm not a fat-a-phobe obviously, but you don't want soggy meatloaf. The drier meatloaf has more intense flavor, IMHO.

Also had a different kind of fruit - a nectarine/peach cross. Got to admit it is very good. Best of both.

The sun is out and it's a beautiful day and here I am in front of the computer. Must go!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Also had a different kind of fruit - a nectarine/peach cross. Got to admit it is very good. Best of both.
    A Pectorine!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    A Pectorine!
    Weird name! But good!

Went on that long walk that I didn't think I would get to do today. I've been walking down the road I live on, which is extremely beautiful with water on one side and pretty little and not-so-little houses spaced along the other side. Many beautiful sailboats and kayaks. I don't know if I have explained that I don't live right on the coastline but along a "gut" which is a natural cut through the peninsula. The water is salty ocean water and tidal but there are no big crashing waves and it is almost always peaceful looking, even during big storms. I can see the other side of the peninsula that is cut off and this being Maine, it is covered with pine and fir trees. Maybe you can imagine how pretty it is.

Can't help but keep looking at my kombucha, which is of course is doing nothing. I'm not moving it, though. I want to go into town to get some of the fancy-schmancy balsamic vinegar that makes my salads taste like angels have been running their fingers through the lettuce, but there won't be any parking and it will make me cross.

One happy result of my review yesterday is that we had a long, frank talk about job security and prospects for the future. Very few hospitals the size of ours have 24/7 respiratory therapists - most just have day shifts and night call. My manager said - and I believe him - that there has been no talk at all of cutting us back, and he does not think that is going to happen. The physicians and other staff are just too used to having an RT around. The physicians, of course, are the ace because what they say goes. Many of my duties would fall on them if I weren't around. Also he said that if there were any cutbacks for the day shift he would not let anyone bump me out of my night shift. If there is a cutback on days, a day person would go. But he doesn't think that will happen, although if it happens by attrition he might be hard pressed to get approval for a replacement. I thought that over while I was walking and I feel a lot better, and maybe I can start feeling at home here. Maybe even think about buying a place or something.

One problem I am having today is that I just want to cook my way through Practical Paleo!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    A Pectorine!
    Or a neach...
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html