Page 325 of 590 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 325

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah yes, great minds think alike and all!

Had a tremendous craving for watermelon, so I bought a slab and snarfed it. So good! What a mess, though. Also had some uncured soppracetta because I was craving that too. Probably the salt. Good stuff.

Here I am at work...zzzz...am off for a few days/nights after this, so I am happy about that.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Googling: Soppracetta.

Its a kind of salami?? Sounds good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yep, salami. Applegate Farms, expensive but worth it.

Ate a large meal right before midnight. This was kind of an experiment. I have been playing around with different eating schedules at work. I wish I could fast during work but I just can't, and stressing myself is not an option, and possibly making a mistake because I have stressed myself is definitely not an option. I have been eating around 10 PM, relatively small meal, and then again at 4 AM. Then I eat when I get up in the afternoon, around 4-5 PM. I was thinking that if I ate a substantial and protein heavy meal around midnight, it would carry me through the whole night and I could eat just twice a day. This will save a lot of time. We'll see.

Been swinging my little weights around, doing some squats and lunges, and being sure to move around at least every half hour at work. This really helps. No reason I can't jump rope here. I should have brought it.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Got my annual review, which was stellar. Makes me feel good, but otherwise it is meaningless. Not like I'm going to get a promotion or a raise or anything. We either all get a raise or none of us do, and performance isn't a factor. There is no job to get promoted to and I probably wouldn't want it anyway. But it is nice to find out that other departments in the hospital think highly of me and my boss is completely pleased with my work.

Was hungry when I got home, and had an egg scrambled with onion and salami. Highly tasty. Now for some sleep. It is blessedly cool and rainy, which pleases me to no end. It means no mowers and no weed whackers and no chain saws.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sleep deep!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    wish you could go to day shift

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the review, even though there isn't any particular meaning to it, it is still a public acknowledgement that you are doing a good job!

Eggs scrambled with whatever is leftover in the fridge has become my go-to meal for when I am alone, or when I am only cooking for myself. Boy is certain that eggs in any recognizable are surely poisonous and SWMBO only likes hard-boiled eggs.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I shouldn't be so blase about getting a good review; imagine if I had gotten a terrible one! Yes, I am happy about my review!

Slept very, very well for 4 hours. Now I'm going to an open house at the local marine science lab. I have no food except for 4 eggs, which are my go-to food also! Rule: never run out of eggs.

Feeling a little discombobulated, which probably comes from being disorganized and off schedule. Funny how a little thing like getting home an hour later can throw things off.

Went to the open house and it was very, very good, I am so glad I went. I wish I could have gone earlier and seen more of the presentations, but I was there for almost two hours, which is probably long enough for a work day. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home, where everything went out of my head. Basically I need everything, but I just got things for a large salad and a rotisserie chicken. That was consumed. Also today my big glass jar arrived! So it's kombucha time! I brewed the tea but realized I have no sugar at all. That's right. A sugar-free household. Raw honey cannot be used, which is the only kind I have, also I need distilled vinegar, not raw vinegar. Must go back to the store. Also I will have to get a funnel and some pH strips. Well, not strictly necessary but will make things easier. Of course I don't need those right now. I have a very good place to place the jar, the cubby my small refrigerator sits in stays warm thanks to the fridge motor. (Poor design, though) But the temp stays pretty constant. There are shelves next to it also.

Well, I had better go to the store and then it will be relaxing time!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The kombucha is brewing! Or growing, as it may be. Last night I realized that a gallon of tea takes a really long time to cool down, and so I didn't put the scoby in til this morning. Exciting stuff! I read through the book I downloaded from Judy's link and got the scoby also, which surprisingly came from Maine. I was interested to learn that you can simply put a bottle of raw kombucha in tea to start your first batch, although it will take a great deal longer - 30 days or so. I have a nice gallon glass jar, could be used for all sorts of things. I kept checking Amazon and after 3 days found one for $8. Have you noticed the prices change pretty dramatically on Amazon? If you are patient and keep checking, you will eventually find a price you like. The first day I looked, they didn't have any for less than $25.

Yesterday I picked up Diane Sanfilippo's Practical Paleo. What an opus! I had no idea. I will probably buy this. So much good information and honestly I want to try every recipe in the book. And they don't have an ingredient list that would choke an elephant. Lots of portable stuff, too.