Page 323 of 590 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 323

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The only type of poetry I engage in is haiku. I love it.
    Rephrase:

The only type of
    Poetry I engage in
    Is haiku. Love it.

Don't judge men's wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    Rephrase:

The only type of
    Poetry I engage in
    Is haiku. Love it.
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I know Christians can be oblivious as others, but this example of disconnect in one paragraph was too funny. Maybe his definition of 'do unto others' views shovelling snow as a great workout, and something not to be missed or shared!
    I honestly think he doesn't even think about it - like most people, if it doesn't affect him, it doesn't register.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It is only 9 AM and already I have had a great day. Woke up at 5 AM, wide awake and raring to go. Went through my poems and found another that needed revising, and it seemed to fall into place. I also found two more that I think are suitable, so I have four poems now that I can consider for the workshop - I will only need two.

This inactivity thing has to stop - I felt like running this morning! I donned some suitable clothing and my Pace Gloves and went for a walk/jog. Certainly can't call it running, but it was fun and invigorating. Absolutely perfect morning weather-wise. Cool, clear, sunny, still. Felt I could see forever. Lots of boats bobbing around at their moorings, chipmunks dashing about. Flowers all over, raspberries and blackberries growing along the road. When I got home I sat on my favorite rock for awhile. Then I went in, made some coffee with two squares of dark chocolate and went back to the rock to drink it. Swung the hammer around for a bit. Took a cool shower because I felt like it.

Cooked up the carnitas for breakfast with an egg. They are okay. More than okay, they are good, but nothing like the oven ones. Thank you, Greensprout for weighing in on this important subject! I imagine I will consume the entire batch over the next two days and nights as I am working and they are great work food. I will make an oven batch for comparison next.

All is well in the Land of Siobhan this morning.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Boy I try to be a good landlord. I think I do alright, we do keep the driveway clear and when something is wrong, we fix it as soon as possible. But it really is a pain in the rear.

Our tenant now is a Woman, in her mid-50's, who is a massage therapist with an office in town. She walks much of the time and is a wonderful person and a great tenant. We've had a few minor issues, mostly before she got her office in town and was seeing clients in the apartment, which we did not object to, it was just that parking was a problem.

Generally things are very good between us. But if we move, and we are considering it, I don't believe I will miss being a landlord.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

When I had rental property, I found it to be a huge pain and I hated it. For one thing, I am just not a businesswoman. When the tenant couldn't pay the rent, I was simply unable to play hardball. When the tenant did things that weren't in the deal, i.e. letting her son and daughter-in-law move into the tiny (400 sq. ft.) apartment with her, I was unable to tell her that wasn't acceptable. One of the happiest days of my life was selling the place. I try to be a good tenant, but I wonder if there even is such a thing. I am meticulous about paying my rent, as I have always been about my mortgage when I have had one. Always early. I am very quiet and I take good care of the place, and all reasonable precautions against damage, i.e. not burning the place down, leaving windows open in the rain, etc. And I report stuff promptly if I suspect structural problems like a leaky roof, as I would certainly want to know that as soon as possible if I were the property owner.

To be honest, I really have no desire to own a place right now. Taxes, maintenance, no thanks. I'm just not rooted enough in this community to want that commitment. Much as I love it here, I feel the need to stay mobile.

Just put some little meatloaves with hard boiled eggs in the middle in the oven. Realized I forgot to add salt and pepper to the rather formidable spice mixture. Damn! Of course I can add those before I eat them, but I prefer to have my food properly seasoned before it gets on my plate.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    BZM- Seeing the world through haiku goggles!

Meatloaf with eggs turned out really well, although I will caution against leaving out the salt. They are good work food also.

A few days ago I ordered some scrubs in the mail and they came this morning. I am bitterly disappointed. The sizes were totally off. The medium pants were ginormous. The medium top was made for a flat-chested Barbie doll. The t-shirt was scratchy. All the things were poorly made, very cheap material with a horrible smell. And you can't return stuff after it's been washed, so I can't tell if they will be improved after a few wash cycles. It all went back and I am annoyed at having made an expensive mistake. Scrubs and Beyond has lost my business! I went to the local discount place and found a pair of cargo pants, quite nice, that will do for work and for casual regular wear also. They are a lot like my beloved cargos that I had to retire because they were way, way too big.

Got the cave all ready, must catch some sleep.

Ladies, did you see Mark's post today?!?!?!? Yesterday, honestly I have to admit I couldn't even read it. Today is pretty much almost my favorite topic! (After food)

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Funny, I was really into yesterday's post and today, meh... Lol! X and Y Chromosomes, vive la différence!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love the idea of using all natural cosmetics, but I find the cost to be way out of reach.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation