Page 321 of 590 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 321

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just ate a big bowl of my slow cooker steak tips. The best! Hard to believe (well, for me anyway) that the sauce is just a lot of slow cooked veg whirled around in a blender.

Did well on my food journaling yesterday, must keep it up today. It keeps me from snacking.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I think 'gravy' made from mostly meat juice and cooked onions is one of the best things ever!

About your large jar/bottle search. I am making my batch in a jar I saved from buying artichoke hearts in bulk. Now, I'm not encouraging a binge, but if there's an item you like that comes in glass jars, it might be a double-duty investment purchase, to get it in bulk!

Thanks, I will think about that. Maybe something for the cats comes in a gallon jar?

Came home this morning very relieved to have got through my four nights. Had some unnecessary drama before leaving work. Came home and had two hard-boiled eggs. I forgot that is one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. Pretty simple. Boil 'em, peel 'em, mash 'em, lightly salt 'em. They should still be warm. Delicious. That was how we often had eggs when I was a young chillen. The duck eggs are done but my favorite free range eggs are back. (They don't lay all of the time.) And I don't have to wonder if they are really free as I drive by the farm and see them all of the time. Yep, free ranging.

Horrible news to report, though. I, Siobhan the Paleo Wonder Woman Who Strides Through Cold and Flu Season Without A Single Sniffle, has woken today with a sore throat. Swollen neck glands. Yes. And I have choir practice tonight. We also have our choir potluck. Luckily, I suppose, I feel fine except for the pain in my throat. I don't feel fluish or cold-ish or anything-ish other than really annoyed that it hurts like bloody hell to swallow.

Other than that, I have emerged from my work cocoon, took down the black curtains and the skylight blind. Ready to join the world of the day dwellers for 60 hours or so.

Yes, I am drinking a large cup of KE tea. The irony is that I found a packet of Gypsy Cold Care tea in my locker last night and drank that before this sore throat bug reared its ugly little tentacles.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    bummer........... hope that sore throat doesn't develop into anything else. Weird that you have no other symptoms.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Our whole building (except me) has had either strep throat or some weird 24-hour stomach flu. I have so far not succumbed. It's weird for these things to be so rampant in the summertime, yes?

Hoping you feel better soon!

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

And I don't even know of anyone who is sick, other than the patients of course. And actually right now we are pretty heavy on the cardiac stuff, which isn't catching. D@mn!

Had a large bowl of leafy greens. Felt good on the scratchy throat. Also some tuna salad. Have another large cuppa KE brewing right now.

This Two-Day Diets: How Mini Fasts Can Help Maximize Weight Loss : The Salt : NPR might be interesting.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    You need lime/lemon, honey, and cayenne pepper POWDER.

- Squeeze the lime/lemon juice out (I squeeze about half a cup)
    - Pour a tablespoon of honey into the lime/lemon juice
    - Add the cayenne pepper POWDER into the juice. You must add until the juice is pretty red/ Spicy enough that you can take it.

It will burn at first but I can guarantee that your sore throat will be gone and will be feeling better in minutes. Make sure it is not drunk on an empty stomach.

(I found this under home remedy, hope it feels better soon, glad you are off work. Take care.)

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting (the 5:2 diet). It's not so very different from what I am doing, apart from the timing of the meals, although mine turns out to be more 4:3, my heavier eating days are those when I work out, because I make a point of eating lunch.

I'm sure that it's the way Paleo people ate, there were bound to be days when the hunting didn't go so well and everybody had to make do on short commons. I actually enjoy the sensation of being a bit hungry.

I'd give it a try. They don't say (at least I didn't catch) how few calories to eat on the 2 fasting days.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I have all of that stuff, Judy, I am going to try it right now!

Yes, I think there is hope that CW will someday catch up to this ancestral stuff. There is so much to be learned from those who came before us!

Okay, just did the pepper/lemon juice/honey hack. Works great! I must be weird, I thought it tasted good. My mouth is on fire. I like that! I lined my stomach with rice crackers soaked in bone broth first.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-29-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Something else to add to your list of helps for your sore throat. I take a fresh clove of garlic, crush it between two teaspoons and swallow with water like a pill. Do up to 3 x day. (crushing it right before drinking it is essential, as this activates the compounds that do the work) Garlic is a natural 'antibiotic' and most times that I have a sore throat starting up, the garlic seems to kick its butt really fast. I find I don't even get garlic breath if I swig it fast enough. Just hold it between my teeth and then chug it down. (note - if it is a large clove do it in stages, not much fun getting a large clove halfway down!!!! LOL)
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.