Page 316 of 512 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5117

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 316

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Amazon.com: Hacky Sack~ Set of 3 ~ Assorted Colors ~ High Quality ~ Imported From Guatemala: Sports & Outdoors

Less than 10$ for 3! You could probably also make your own if you're handy like that

If you're getting a slow cooker you should look at the codlo sous vide that I posted from kickstarter too! It's funded so you are guarenteed to get it if you back the project.

Codlo: simple & compact home sous-vide cooking by Grace Lee — Kickstarter
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Ha! I just bought one on Ebay! Turns out that the one I had (before they were bought out by Wham-o) is an original, made by the company that introduced them in 1972. Mine must've been purchased in 1981 -82.

I couldn't find one just like my old one, a leather one, now they're more often crocheted hemp fiber (what else?). But I wanted one like my old one. There was one on Ebay from right after Wham-o bought them out and before they changed them. It was only 16 bucks still in the original packaging!

I'll practice up a bit before I post any videos, Tomi!

Now all I need is a Greek fisherman's hat, some Chinese Tai Chi shoes, Levis 501s and a Grateful Dead T-shirt and I can time-travel back 30 years and fit right in.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I forgot to mention that SWMBO reminded me that after playing hacky-sack with those boys for ten minutes, I was crippled for the better part of a week! I'm in better shape now though! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Hey, I have all of that stuff! All I need is the hacky sack. And now you are in awesome shape!

Don't I need something to seal the food with the sous vide thingy?

Pretty hungry, waiting for drumsticks to be done...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You guys can have the hacky sack - I'll stay with my jump rope! But videos would be fun!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I don't own any type of camera, so someone else will have to provide video. I'm sure I won't be worth looking at anyway.

The chicken drumsticks turned out fantastic. I do love spicy food. I brined 'em for an hour or so, then coated them in sriracha, coriander, turmeric, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper - the usual stuff I mix up in various combinations. Baked them in the oven for an hour. I managed to get them tender and nicely done and browned but not burned and dried out. (My specialty!)

I am still hoping the slow cooker comes today. At this point I have a lot of bones and it would be at least two batches in my little one. Of course there is still tomorrow. Actually by then I will have even more bones.

Am down to my last bag of Bengal Spice and the yerba mate is ominously low also, so I had better go to the store.

It's RAINING! Hooray!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I am spending way too much time on this computer! But I do want to report that the cats seem to be recovered and all is normal there.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I am spending way too much time on this computer! But I do want to report that the cats seem to be recovered and all is normal there.
    Great! I was wondering about that.

After a nice thunderstorm it is now a lot hotter and a lot more humid. Haven't turned on the A/C yet, and I'm going to a lecture in a few minutes. Hope tonight is better.

The slow cooker is here! Woo-hoo! Just in time. I braised up a chuck roast, very spicy, in the oven and it is very obvious that I have way, way too much sauce. I need to get another 2-lb. chuck and braise it up. The sauce is extremely delicious and extremely rich. I made a horrid mess in the kitchen. All cleaned up now though. Also got a new sleep mask that is greatly superior to the old one I have. This one is much lighter and cooler and doesn't press against my eyes.

Had some purple potatoes with gremolata. I find that to be seriously delicious. I'm going to take it to the choir potluck next week. I wonder if anyone else will like it? Just parsley and shallots all chopped up, mix in some olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice. Pour it over boiled potatoes and squeeze some more lemon juice on top. I boil the potatoes in salted water so I add no salt to the finished dish. I have found that if I taste the water and it is barely salty it will season the potatoes perfectly. For me, of course.

Calves are a bit sore from my long walk yesterday. I was afraid I overdid it in my Pace Gloves, but no ill effects to the feet. I had to stop wearing the Pace Gloves at work because it was sadly obvious they do not protect my feet adequately from heavy equipment, needles, scalpels, etc. I wear them part of the time but not all the time. It is too bad because I love the fact that I can wash in the washing machine.

PrimalCon New York
    The slow cooker is already in use. My first batch of bone broth in the new device. It works beautifully, very simple, the perfect size for me, 3.5 quarts.

Had some drumsticks for dinner. Watched a show about leopards and one about a tiger. Now watching a show about Buddha. Did some squats and lunges and heaved some weights around. Pretty tired, off to bed.