Page 314 of 590 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 314

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know the feeling, I feel a bit of it too, despite the working out and the tennis. I feel as if I'm not doing everything I could be to enjoy myself. I've only gone to the beach once this year. The group of coworkers I was going to the beach with so much last year are pretty heavy drinkers and I've taken myself out of that group for lots of reasons, but mostly to avoid tilting with that particular dragon.

The weather has also been an issue, the past two weeks have been just awful! Nobody has wanted to do much of anything!

Maybe August will be a great month for all of us!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I guess summer just lends itself to that bittersweet quality of everything that must pass. In other seasons when I am out and about, I feel great about it - going snowshoeing, hiking on a blustery day, etc. But in the summer I feel like I am inadequate when I do things, as though all this and more is expected. I should be running from party to picnic to concert constantly. Alright, enough!

Today is beautiful and promises to remain that way. I think it is around 70 F and dry, still, birds chirping. Lovely. I slept well, part of the night in my regular bed and part in the cave. I love the cave even more now with the new mattress.

Last night just after nine a fireworks show started up - at first I thought it was thunder, then I saw the lights flashing in the window (I had no lights on inside). A full-scale, very impressive show it was, too! Went on for ages. I wonder what it was for?

Tried to watch TV as there is a new Masterpiece Mystery running on PBS, but every time I turn on the TV I fall asleep. It's like a sleeping pill. That's okay, I need the sleep more than I need to watch TV. It's online anyway.

My batch of bone broth is probably done, but I think I will let it go for awhile longer. It smells divine.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I suppose that the one consolation is that I feel this way every summer, but when I remember back to summers past I realize that I really did do fun things and enjoyed myself. So maybe the feeling of not sucking the marrow out of the season (wink) has to do with just the way we feel right now.

But when everything is totaled up, fun was had!
    Body Fat 27.5

It is so true, and in spite of my weird feelings, I am having a good summer and am having a lot of fun. For one thing, I am thoroughly enjoying the summer choir on Monday nights. Singing the Brahms Requiem in the spring was extremely challenging and rewarding, but it wasn't fun. This is fun. I am so glad I am doing it. And I am enjoying wearing fun clothes without worrying about what fits and what makes me look fat for the first full summer in ages. Opening the closet and just putting on whatever strikes my fancy is a great pleasure, and even more so in the summer as I don't have to dress to cover flaws (like that works...)

But I've gone off on a tangent, and in fact I am having a weird morning. Haven't eaten since the bone marrow yesterday. Guess that meal was pretty filling! It wasn't very large. Anyway, I woke up hungry but didn't feel like eating. Went for a long walk instead. Over an hour. I realized that one reason for my angst is that I am not getting enough exercise. I went from swimming 3-5 times a week, walking a couple of hours every week, swinging weight around, to nothing. That alone would cause a mood change. So last night I swung the hammer and also some lighter weights. (My back is almost totally better.) I walked down to the point below where I live, where the horrible construction noise is coming from. I met a workman who is cutting down trees and feeding the branches into a woodchipper. Very pleasant guy. Noisy. Then to my great surprise I saw...trees. Expensive trees. Large birches and maples with their roots in plastic bags. After cutting down dozens of trees, the property owner is planting dozens of these mature hardwoods. I can't even imagine the cost. A gardener was caring for them, he said they won't be planted for a couple of weeks. Seeing those trees did make me soften a bit towards the guy causing all this mayhem. Although the desire of people to put their mark on the landscape never fails to astonish me. I can't quite forgive him for carving his name into a huge glacial rock near where his house will go. That's just tacky. Couldn't put up a nice tasteful sign. No, he had to inscribe it permanently into a beautiful ancient rock. And the next owner probably is not going to like it much. Well, none of my business I guess.

Came home and hunger had vanished but I felt like having some coffee. Don't usually drink coffee. I put a cup with milk and butter into the microwave to heat it up and when I took it out I dropped it. Melted butter and warm milk EVERYWHERE. All down my clothes (my favorite outfit - pink and white striped tee shirt and green capris), all over my swimming kit bag, all over the cat toys, all over my felt shoes, all over the closet door. All over. What a mess! Cleaned it up and made the coffee. Then I spilled the coffee grounds in the sink. What is the matter with me?

I'm going to take my Kindle and a chair and blanket and take up residence on the lawn of the library under my favorite maple tree. Watch people go by and watch videos and read books. Get out of the house for awhile. Even if I have to pay to park!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you need one of my easy days where you do nothing!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I think your easy days are my hard days! I feel like I have been doing nothing anyway. Haven't done anything constructive for awhile.

You know what I feel like doing? I feel like going to LL Bean!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

That could be dangerous...........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My back is already feeling better, and is obviously just a little strain. I am being very careful, though, because I know how these back things can go. I can't take a bath, I don't have a bathtub.

Physical damage is normally not covered by warranty, and dealers are pretty savvy about the condition of the roads here. Pretty much everyone damages their car and/or tires at some point. I try to be very careful, but once in a while these things jump out and bite. Alignments aren't covered by warranty for certain - I had already asked about that previously.

Well, it is the hottest part of the day. I went to the beach, and it was low tide and extremely crowded to boot. Not really very nice. I didn't stay long, but I went in the water. It is unbelievably warm. This is Maine. We're not supposed to be able to wade out into the water and not even be able to tell we are in up to our shoulders because it is so warm. Wonder what this is doing to the sea life? Came home and the kitchen is bearable and the rest of the place is baking hot. The weather people keep promising us a thunderstorm but it never comes. Tonight I hope.

I took the opportunity to have sweet potato fries since I can turn on the oven. Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmm. Also had a banana today, so it's been a carb frenzy. I have a little steak and brussels sprouts if I feel like having dinner, or maybe some tuna salad. Not hungry though, so we'll see.
    Good to hear the back is healing.......

bummer on the car --- pitfalls of owning a car, huh?

The weather there sounds dreadful! Its been really hot in Oregon, but normal for the time of year. We do get nice cool nights that cool down the house and make the mornings almost chilly. By noon its starting to heat up again. Be careful going in the odd warm waters - I've been seeing reports of sharks going as far up as Maine in these odd Atlantic heat spells. They will go where ever the water is warm enough and the food is plentiful enough. And they don't discriminate on whats on the menu! if it moves, its food.

Do you have a bbq grill? when its hot out we do most of our cooking on the grill. We have both gas and brickette. For any kind of potato/yam/sweet - we cut them up into fry sized pieces, wrap them in foil with butter and seasoning and put them on the bbq for about 20 minutes. YUMMY! Use double foil - or use the heavy duty stuff. Even a small grill will be big enough to cook the bag of spuds and a burger or steak so the meal all gets done together. You can do the same with any other type of veggie. And the bonus is that the parts that touch the foil usually get a yummy char to them! I love that part.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Retail Therapy! Perfect for ennui!
    Body Fat 27.5

tomi is online now Senior Member
    have you even considered doing this to meet new people? I have no idea if its a good thing or not - but the commercials make it look fun and exciting. My son was considering it as meeting new people is really hard for him - not your problem I know, but you might check it out for something out of the ordinary.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.