Page 313 of 590 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 313

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I have a shower, but no bathtub.

The weather people keep promising us relief, and thunderstorms. This morning it is blessedly cooler but sunny and beautiful. No sign of storms and the weather page says 0% chance. Last night I put the A/C in my sleeping cave - bit of a shoehorn job, but that is okay. Much smaller space to cool. So temperature was nice, I was even able to put a sheet over myself. (I hate sleeping uncovered.) This morning around six it was actually feeling a bit chilly, just enough that I turned off the A/C for the first time since I got it (except for moving it around). I am going to need it today, though.

Slept very, very well on my new little mattress. I really like it. Why didn't I ever have a pad like this when I was camping? Would have made quite the difference! Back is still sore but much, much better. Coll, a compress is a very good idea, I should have thought of putting epsom salts in the water when I was applying moist heat. Will do that today. I've been soaking my feet in epsom salts, it is good for sleep. I bought some magnesium water, and while it is probably my imagination, I like it so much better than regular water that I actually drink it. Mark gave instructions for making your own a little while ago, I must look that up. It's super cheap to just add stuff to water yourself.

I did have brussels sprouts and steak (round) last night, along with the last of the salad. It was nice to be able to cook and enjoy a meal. I called the jazz guy at the radio station as I always do when I can on Saturday night and we had a nice talk. I have gotten to feel I know him over the months and years that I talk to him for 10 minutes or so once a week.

Jazz Sunday at church today! Looking forward to that, let me tell you! We do this once a year. We have a really good jazz band, and the service is all structured around music. All live, of course, we don't use anything pre-recorded in church (we are old-fashioned.)

Not hungry but don't really want to go to church without eating. Hmmm.

Poor kitties are sick. Slim Cat is throwing up and BW Cat is having problems at the other end. Oboe is apparently fine. They are all shedding hair by the handfuls, as you might expect. I am feeling very, very guilty.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-21-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have a shower, but no bathtub.
    That's so sad. I consider a hot bath one of civilization's highest sensual pleasures.

Baths are wonderful, no doubt, but when I have had a tub I've rarely used it, so I can't say I miss it. It would, of course, be good for therapeutic reasons. But with a bad back, sitting in a tub isn't usually possible anyway.

Well, I need to get going, but here I sit. Wondering what to wear, a very nice thing to contemplate. I have a really colorful dress that I might wear, or a wild flower print top with a pair of white jeans. The jeans are currently winning because I have some mosquito bites and a touch of poison ivy on my right leg.

Think I will make some tuna salad.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Can someone tell me how to do that fancy multi-quote thing? I have never figured it out.

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member

Multi-quote help

I just did a little experiment...I clicked on the multi-quote icon in three different posts, then hit the reply button once (quick reply came up) then kind of as an accident clicked the reply button again. Boom I'm in the advanced reply dialog with all three posts quoted.

As far as the cats are concerned, I hope they're clearing up. Pet care guilt is a very strong motivator for me. If I had my way I'd have a Cesar Millan-sized pack, rescuing every dog that caught my eye. I have no suggestions for caring for the kitties, however. Just sympathy for your plight.

Can someone tell me how to do that fancy multi-quote thing? I have never figured it out.
    Baths are wonderful, no doubt, but when I have had a tub I've rarely used it, so I can't say I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    That's so sad. I consider a hot bath one of civilization's highest sensual pleasures.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sorry the cats are not well. I bet that like you they were just surviving the heat and now that it is not so stressful the hair is falling out and they are not feeling good at all. Hopefully they will settle down soon and feel better!! I love the sound of Jazz Sunday DH was a drummer for a jazz band for years as well as for church ... nice combo! Hope you have a good day and that it is not too hot today! The weather has been really crazy lately - hopefully the heat will move south where it belongs so you can have your typical Maine summer back....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Thank you!!!!! Been here all this time and never figured it out. Tried a few times, but came up nada.

Jazz Sunday at church today! Looking forward to that, let me tell you! We do this once a year. We have a really good jazz band, and the service is all structured around music. All live, of course, we don't use anything pre-recorded in church (we are old-fashioned.)
    Church was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Sorry the cats are not well. I bet that like you they were just surviving the heat and now that it is not so stressful the hair is falling out and they are not feeling good at all. Hopefully they will settle down soon and feel better!! I love the sound of Jazz Sunday DH was a drummer for a jazz band for years as well as for church ... nice combo! Hope you have a good day and that it is not too hot today! The weather has been really crazy lately - hopefully the heat will move south where it belongs so you can have your typical Maine summer back....
    The heat was very hard on them; they can retreat under the bed and stay still, but they can't escape even for awhile like I could. I hope they will turn around now that it is cooler.

Jazz Sunday is a once-a-year tradition in our church. It was started 19 years ago by a prominent choir-singing music-loving church member who died last fall. It was sad to have our first Jazz Sunday without him but we remembered him with great joy.

I talked with the sax player after the service. He seemed kind of interested in me, you know - that way - but as usual I beat a hasty retreat. That crippling self-doubt thing. He plays all around town and even at the hospital sometimes so I could look him up. But let's be realistic, I won't. For all I know he is married. He is a bit old for me, although I'm not so worried about age. His saxophones are older than I am! Well, one of them. The other is neck-and-neck.

Jendara is offline Member
    turn around now that it is cooler.

Jazz Sunday is a once-a-year tradition in our church. It was started 19 years ago by a prominent choir-singing music-loving church member who died last fall. It was sad to have our first Jazz Sunday without him but we remembered him with great joy.

I talked with the sax player after the service. He seemed kind of interested in me, you know - that way - but as usual I beat a hasty retreat. That crippling self-doubt thing. He plays all around town and even at the hospital sometimes so I could look him up. But let's be realistic, I won't. For all I know he is married. He is a bit old for me, although I'm not so worried about age. His saxophones are older than I am! Well, one of them. The other is neck-and-neck.
    Oooh, a jazz player huh? Sounds like fun; maybe you shouldn't have beat such a hasty retreat! You should so go to a place he's playing and "bump into him" there!

We live in a small town, but we do have a "fiddle service" every year and that I always really enjoy, though a jazz service sounds fantastic.
    The heat here has subsided too, we're down to a lovely 22 degress (Celsius.)
    And I have every window/door open and am just loving the cool breeze. I feel like I can finally breathe!

Ttyl!

~ Jenny
    The ridiculous, hilarious, sometimes infuriating and frustrating journal of one woman trying to feed a family caveman style.
    "It Takes A Village"
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90638.html

"Canadian cavemen could have eaten poutine.."

Yeah, last year I could have brought home the sexiest jazz drummer ever - NOT FROM CHURCH - from a benefit concert we staged. We had some amazing musicians from New York and there was a pretty famous drummer - unbelievably hot. It was so weird because during the break I walked up to him, gave him a bear hug and kissed him like four times right on the mouth. I never do stuff like that. He responded in kind immediately like we were best friends from way back. That sort of thing probably happens to him all of the time. My friends were amazed, "Do you know him? I didn't know you knew him!" I told them I did not know him but I could see that he lives in joy. And we talked...and talked...and I could have invited him back...but I didn't.

I'm off to the store to get some beef marrow bones for roasting. The only question is, what should I eat them on? Bread is out of the question. I could make some Brazilian cheese bread, I suppose. I haven't made that lately, haven't thought about it. Maybe some potatoes? Little new potatoes? Cut them in half and put a dab of marrow and parsley/shallot/caper on them? I don't usually eat potatoes, although I have no particular objection to them. After I eat the marrow I will make soup from the remains. Or do you think the bones will be no good once the marrow is consumed? Hmmmm.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the marrow has been roasted and consumed. You know what? I really couldn't taste it. After hearing everyone rave about it so much I expected more. But I ate it because it is very nutritious and it wasn't bad. You know what was good? The gremolata I made to put on top. Now THAT was worth eating. Just parsley, shallots, capers, olive oil, lemon zest and juice. For a base I used little purple potatoes sliced thinly and boiled for a few minutes. The potatoes with the gremolata - now we're talking. In fact I think that would make a very nice salad with the potatoes cut differently to be more like potato salad. In fact I think I will make it for my choir party next week.

Decided the bones still have plenty of goodness and put them in my little bitty crockpot with the usual veg and a few chicken bones. I still have a lot of marrow bones left because I had to buy a big package. I will probably roast some more and try it again, and certainly I will make soup.

Am a little depressed this afternoon. I thought I would go into town and walk around and look in some shops, mingle with the crowds. There was absolutely no parking, hordes of people. So I went to the hiking trail, one of my usual, and there was no parking there either. In fact there was a person stationed there to make sure no one parked improperly. This is how I always feel in the summer, like everything is passing by. I should be out with people having fun or doing whatever it is that other people do and I'm not doing. I was looking at the boats going by and thought about getting a boat. I know absolutely nothing about boats other than they are holes in the water into which you throw money. And that everyone else knows all about them and I don't. Then I came home and had the bone marrow meh experience. It is a gorgeous day and I should be outside but I just want to go in my cave and hide. My best friend here in Maine left for two weeks in England with her son and I'm glad for her but sorry she is gone. My next best friend has 13 family members here visiting and no time for me. My third friend is out of the picture for some time as she is acting as house slave to her daughter who has just been placed on bed rest at 16 weeks into her second pregnancy. My mom is unhappy because she is short of money and I was going to send her some but then I bought the air conditioner. Blahdidy blahdidy blah blah blah.