Page 312 of 590 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 312

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So glad you and the cats have cool air to refresh yourselves with! (Do not care about the preposition!)

Interesting thoughts on being a success. I think your experience will be encouraging and inspiring for people to read, but I understand your concerns. I like the idea of waiting until you have 'held' it longer. It makes it more real for me when I read of someone who succeed three YEARS ago, and not just three MONTHS. We have all been through the gain it back phase, and actually maintaining is as much a part of a real success story as just getting there.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could ask friends or family if they have any "before" pics you could use for your success story?

Even if you don't write up - those of us who follow your journal find great encouragement in your story. And you're right - it isn't over yet...... the journey continues.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    So glad you and the cats have cool air to refresh yourselves with! (Do not care about the preposition!)
    A preposition at the end of a sentence? That is the type of errant grammar up with which I shall not put! (Thank you, Sir Winston)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    A preposition at the end of a sentence? That is the type of errant grammar up with which I shall not put! (Thank you, Sir Winston)
    stupid grammatical rules! I barely passed grammer in grade school - but I still managed to win a couple writing contests in college!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Glad you've gotten some relief from the heat (with the AC)! Bloody hot here in AZ too but of course everything is air conditioned so we don't suffer quite the same way. I spent 3 summers in Omaha, NE in conditions like what you are dealing with and so I really sympathize. Hope the back and the tire prove to be little problems and not big ones. Stay cool!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Thank you so much! I have great hopes that the back is just a muscle strain, perhaps a little nerve irritation. It responds well to the heat, and so even though the A/C caused the back problem, it is helping me cure it. And I might be overreacting about the car (although I don't think so) because I am hypersensitive to car problems.

I think a trip to the beach is in order this afternoon.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to read about your strained muscle. Maybe an epsom salts bath would help?

Re, the car. Isn't your vehicle relatively new and still under warranty? I would take it to the dealer and have them take a look. A pothole shouldn't have to damage a car like that. I'm sure they would take care of it. Dealerships like to repair vehicles like that, because they get reimbursed nicely by the car maker, anyway.

Or, here is another option - you don't even have to tell them about the pothole. We won't tell.

My back is already feeling better, and is obviously just a little strain. I am being very careful, though, because I know how these back things can go. I can't take a bath, I don't have a bathtub.

Physical damage is normally not covered by warranty, and dealers are pretty savvy about the condition of the roads here. Pretty much everyone damages their car and/or tires at some point. I try to be very careful, but once in a while these things jump out and bite. Alignments aren't covered by warranty for certain - I had already asked about that previously.

Well, it is the hottest part of the day. I went to the beach, and it was low tide and extremely crowded to boot. Not really very nice. I didn't stay long, but I went in the water. It is unbelievably warm. This is Maine. We're not supposed to be able to wade out into the water and not even be able to tell we are in up to our shoulders because it is so warm. Wonder what this is doing to the sea life? Came home and the kitchen is bearable and the rest of the place is baking hot. The weather people keep promising us a thunderstorm but it never comes. Tonight I hope.

I took the opportunity to have sweet potato fries since I can turn on the oven. Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmm. Also had a banana today, so it's been a carb frenzy. I have a little steak and brussels sprouts if I feel like having dinner, or maybe some tuna salad. Not hungry though, so we'll see.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am SO pleased that you have cool air circulating at last!! And the fact that your pussy cats are lined up in front of it says a lot about how hot it has been in your apartment!!! It reminds me of our chickens lined up in front of the fan on the hot days in SC! The ones who were higher in the pecking order got to hang out at the front and get the full force of the air (and this was a pretty large semi- commercial fan that put out some volume!) I hope that the expenses just quit for a while there! What a bummer about those pot holes - they can be really nasty when they jump out like that! You could put some arnica gel on your back and even an Epsom salts 'poultice' or magnesium gel ... hopefully it is a non-issue in no time at all!

I can really relate to not even being tempted by grains - I have not touched them since I went off them in Feb 2012. A couple times there has been a little in a sauce at a restaurant and even that tiny amount is enough to establish me on the porcelain throne for hours and hours. Not even close to tempting!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhan View Post
    i can't take a bath, i don't have a bathtub.
    what?!