Page 310 of 509 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5082

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 310

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I started my journal in March of 2012 (I think...... need to verify that) I started "trying" to be primal in November of 2011. I haven't quite mastered it yet - but I'm still working on it. If you don't mind me asking........... how much did you lose, and how long did it take?

After reading todays success story I feel more committed to staying true to the principles of the PB. It was an inspiring story for sure!! If I could stay 100% primal and lose 5 pounds a week I'd be at my goal weight in only 10 weeks. That would be awesome! But............. he's a 31 year old MALE. And I'm a 53 year old FEMALE. It aint gonna happen.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Probably not but 2-3 pounds is doable. And the goal is healthy, right? I know you are seeing shape changes (my waist is smaller, but the scale is stubborn), so focus on those.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean tomi, I read the success stories each week and they are inspiring, but they don't really match my experience. I'm pretty Primal, food wise and now with all the exercise you would think that I'd lose the 2+lbs. a week that is possible. But it's more like maybe 1 pound a week. I don't really care because it is happening (finally) and I am happy eating the way I do.

I also don't really have any of the problems the guy had before going Primal. I guess I am lucky in that regard, but changing the way I eat hasn't really made me feel a whole lot better. I read about the remarkable transitions people experience after just a couple of weeks on Primal, and it's wonderful, but I don't really notice that much of a change. I feel good (don't get me wrong) but it's not so much different than before going Primal.

I should say, I was never much for junk food anyway, but I did love me some bread, potatoes, rice and pasta! I no longer get indigestion, but that was the only thing.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Well, my biggest claim is that my fibromyalgia is non-existent as long as I stay on a primal diet. I'm also less bloated and have tons more energy. I guess I have had a pretty remarkable change - before primal I was fatigued and lethargic, and my body ached from head to toe all the time. I couldn't walk more than a block and forget about biking riding or anything else fun and active. Now I can go all day and be tired at the end - but not totally wiped out! I haven't been committed enough to see the weight loss that I know is possible. But with the exercise I'm doing now I am definitely seeing changes to my body. I'm much stronger and things are beginning to change. Much less back fat (gross), and my legs have more ton.

All in all its a big improvement for me --- now if I will just stay the course I will also see the weight loss! Maybe in a year I will submit my own success story.

Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    That's great! It's wonderful when positive changes in lifestyle make a huge difference in the way you feel. I've just been lucky that (other than my weight) I haven't really had a lot of health problems due to SAD eating.

But it is really hard to say, I do feel pretty good these days, but I've made so many changes, eating, sleeping more, exercising, it is really difficult to say what has made the difference.

I'll be happy to read your success story when the time comes!! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I started my journal and went primal within a couple of days - I thought the journal would help me, and I was right. I have found such good friends here, and great advice. I began Easter day, 2012. It was at the beginning of April. I have lost 40 lbs, and it happened fairly quickly. I would have to look back, but I believe I lost around 25 within three months, plateaued for awhile, and then lost another 15 by the fall. Eliminating grains from my diet is the best I have ever done for my health. Total elimination. Having said that, I don't think eating wheat has an immediate effect, at least not most of the time. It is the inflammation that builds over time that is so damaging. I haven't tested it on myself, nor will I. I have not the slightest desire to eat grains. It would be like drinking pee to see what happens. NO. I've had dramatic results, obviously the weight loss, but the other changes are not things that are obvious to others. I mean, after years of fighting adult acne, I haven't had a pimple in almost a year and a half. I don't even think about it any more. I don't even own concealer. Threw it away because it was all dried out. That alone is so freaking wonderful that I would stay on this plan just to have nice skin. If you have ever had problems with your skin and agonized over going to a job interview or singing a solo in church because your face looks like you got in a bar fight, you will be able to relate to this. Alot of the stuff I didn't even realize, because it happened gradually, and I knew it wasn't normal, but I just thought it was stress or something. Like having to use the bathroom - you know - six times a day. I used to leave for work 20 minutes early because about half the time I had to return home for a bathroom break. I would be out running errands and have to return home for a bathroom break. I thought it was stress. And no, a public restroom was not an option, if you know what I mean. And not because I'm a germaphobe.

Okay, I'm off to get my eyes checked.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

That's impressive - and encouraging - thanks for condensing things for me! I need to hear that "strict works better than the 80-20 rule" because I'm too easily swayed to the 20% which turns in to 30% and more.

I have my big girls panties on now and I intend to slay this dragon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

To me the 80/20 just means that it is almost impossible to be total primal or paleo living in our modern world. At some point you're going to have to eat something questionable - not grains, that is not an option - but sugar is freakin' ubiquitous. Still, it's important to try and eliminate it as much as possible. But to me, to say, "Oh, I can have this, it's my 20%" - no way does that work. Not that you can't have a treat every now and then, but honestly, it should be a primal treat and then we're talking maybe once a week. The beauty of it is that the cleaner you are, the easier it is. If you would have told me 1.5 years ago that I could walk away from chocolate cake, cookies, bread, without a qualm I would have thought you were out of your mind. I don't even consider touching that stuff. It's not a problem. But if I 'allowed' myself to do it, that would be different. I'd spiral out of control and be fat and sick again. No question.

Speaking of food, dinner was leafy greens with chicken, bacon, and avocado. Cooking is out of the question since my A/C didn't arrive. Organic rotisserie chicken to the rescue! I had an eye appointment this afternoon, and after only three hours sleep and no food I was pretty darn hungry. Must admit I gorged on chicken. Ate half of that bird! The rest will be made into soup, possibly tonight if it cools down. I am a bit uncomfortably full, a rare thing for me. I think it is mostly because of the heat, which is intense. The good news is that I am becoming more acclimated. I don't like, no, no, no, but I am tolerating it better and I've learned a few tricks. The bad thing is that still - the slightest activity makes me break out in sweat and I feel miserable. But I can at least tolerate it when I am sitting around. Like now! Some relief is expected tomorrow, and then from Sunday on we should have better days.

*&%$# A/C that didn't arrive!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Just have to document that there are birds outside on my balcony and the cats are going insane! Where do they get the energy?

PrimalCon New York
    THE A/C IS HERE!!!!! Will update later, gotta go -