Page 308 of 590 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 308

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I get heat rash sometimes like that. Often on my shoulders, comes on in an instant.

I would be concerned about a personal trainer that didn't look fit. Too bad, I hope the next person is better!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Siobhan, dealing with landlords, no matter how 'nice' they are is tough. The rash sounds like heat rash to me Our last rental did not have air and it was miserably hot - the kids were crying at night etc. We bought a window unit and then took it with us when we left. They are very easy to put in and take out - you should be fine doing it yourself. And you don't have to run it unless you're there which won't take a lot of power. Add a fan to the mix and it is SOOOOO much nicer. Wherever you go that unit can go too - some of the units are really small and portable and while I know it is extra expense, it is worth it if you possibly can swing it, when you are struggling the way you & the kitties are at the moment. I would rather be cold than hot so we save lots in the winter by bundling up indoors and keeping the heat as low as we can stand to. Then in the summer we can run the air con as we are in a very old trailer (1969) with very little shade and no insulation! It gets hot in no time here.

Sometimes folk who are not having to watch their finances like the other half does, really don't understand what they are doing by ignoring your requests. Our landlords are going to be getting rid of this trailer once we move out so there is zero motivation to fix anything ... You scare me with talk of the chimney - chimney fires are not good! You'd think the landlord would at least be concerned about the safety of his property... and if the place comes with a stove you should be allowed to use it! Otherwise the rental agreement should have specified that you were not to use it!! JMHO. Sorry you are dealing with this.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I think the landlord is an ass.
    Sorry.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, my heat rash makes me look like a drug addict. Luckily I am so healthy looking that no one would think I am a drug addict!

I'm kind of embarrassed about this, but the pastor of my church intervened with the landlord. She was concerned about me. Believe it or not, I am not a complainer and I don't ask for stuff, so when I do...anyway, he said I can buy my own unit. He pays for the electric bill, and he is willing to foot that. I have been looking, and the cost slays me even though they aren't as much as I thought. In fact small window units are very reasonable. But I think I might buy a portable one even though it is more costly. Due to the layout of my place, I would really need two window units. And I can push the portable into my sleeping cave. I can put it in the garage in the winter and take it with me when I go, although I hope that is not for a long time. Other than venting it through a window, there is no installation. But I am going to do some more research. One thing is that it is heavy - 75 lbs. and I would need help getting it up and down the stairs at season change.

Just had a large bowl of leafy greens with EVOO and BV and quite a few raspberries.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Updates on some things:

Eliminated chilis/chili powder as an experiment to see if a certain symptom eased. The good news is that the symptom disappeared entirely. The bad news is that the symptom disappeared entirely. I guess no chili powder for me. I can kiss wheat and all grains goodbye, but chilis....oh well.

Still pretty much paleo with the exception of butter. That is all well. No cravings. I have discovered Green & Black's Organic 85% Cacao bar. Why didn't I ever know about this? Ingredients: chocolate, cocoa butter, cocoa, cane sugar, vanilla. No soy. 20g fat, 15g carb, 4g protein per generous serving, which I never eat more than a quarter of anyway. Did I mention that it is delicious?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I ordered the portable unit. After reading a load of reviews, I got a small, (relatively) cheap, not-too-powerful one. And it doesn't weigh 75 lbs, it weighs 50 - much more manageable. I figure that with a fan to supplement, it will be fine. I don't want it supercold, I just want it bearable. I don't know why I am such a wimp about these things. I hate purchasing anything in the triple digits. It is supposed to be delivered in 2 days. Since this heat wave is supposed to last some time and it is only July, I think I will get quite a bit of use out of it.

Gotta go, MVA!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Siobhan, may you sleep well and get your money's worth out of the unit. Sounds like a great investment in your health.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I'm sure it will be worth the investment. We run our ceiling fans constantly spring to fall. Of course our low in January during the night is 41-43 and 62-66 during the day!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    good investment - you'll be glad you made the purchase when you are sleeping comfortably at night - and dripping sweat during the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I love those Green and Black 85% bars! I order them by the case from somewhere online, though our local grocery store now sells them for not too much more. I stopped eating them when I started on the cocoa powder stuff that I put in my coffee. I still have a bar or two in the cupboard, if SWMBO hasn't discovered them in a time of need.

I'll be interested to hear your review of the portable unit. I've been looking at them myself as our window units are getting old and I hate putting them in and out and the way our house is laid out, central air would be a challenge to install.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5