Page 307 of 590 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 307

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's a great picture!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it shows my style sense!

This morning I realized that I had better cook anything that needed cooking before it gets too hot. A bunch of veg were chopped and simmered in bone broth. Homemade stock is so much better than storebought! I discovered that I have eaten all the chicken, but the veg soup was totally delicious. All the trimmings and bone I have saved are in the crock pot now. I am using the little cheesy crockpot quite a bit, so I am considering an upgrade to a "real" one. They aren't that expensive. I am sure now that I will use it a lot.

Also got to my projects. Mounted a poster on silver posterboard and hung it in the bathroom. Very pleased with the result and glad I did not spend a lot of money on an expensive frame.

Also worked on a new blackout for the skylight in my sleeping cave. When I made it, I didn't really know what I was doing; I am much more adept at such things now. The old one was cardboard taped together and had really disintegrated and was letting in a lot of light and heat. Now I have two pieces of fiberboard cut to size. One fits inside, close to the glass, and the other fits into the outside of the frame. The two of them effectively block the skylight, are not too unsightly, and are very easily removed and replaced.

Well, it is heating up now. I am going to go to the pool and see how crowded it is. Then I'm going to go to the botanic garden and walk around there. They have riverside trails, wooded and beautiful. That will be better than hanging out here sweating away my life's precious fluids.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Such a wonderful picture of you, Sio. You're a lovely woman!!

I wish you could talk your landlord into buying a small window a/c.
    They are inexpensive and you would only use it a tiny amt in a yr's time.
    It's one thing to be uncomfortable, but when it affects your sleep and your cats' health,
    it's time for a remedy.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I love the Pic! You look great and I miss the snow!!! I will likely deny saying this next January...

I love snowshoeing too!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Thank you all for the compliments! I do like the picture, it is flattering and when I look at it I remember the fun we had and what a lovely day it was. If only I could bottle a little of the cool air and use it now! And maybe a little of this heat and use it in February. Allocation of resources is such a mystery!

I am being encouraged to talk to my landlord by friends who also know him. They are concerned about the heat also as this place is a real heatbox. It wasn't a problem in the other places I lived, lots of trees and the houses just didn't get as hot as an apartment over a garage with skylights and no trees near enough to provide shade. I just have to get up enough courage to do so. I hate to ask for anything and although he is a nice man he has not been very forthcoming when I mentioned other things that needed done, like getting the chimney cleaned. I don't think I mentioned that when the X came to visit he took apart the stovepipe and scraped out three inches of creosote. I imagine the chimney is even worse. Well, that is another subject. And this is downside of renting. On one hand, the landlord has to take care of everything. On the other, you have to GET the landlord to take care of stuff.

The pool was ultracrowded and yes, dirty, so I didn't swim. There were three people in every lane, some of them kids. And there was a lot of shouting and whatnot. I went to the botanic garden (I'm a member) and walked along the trails and enjoyed the lovely breeze off the water. I did become very tired. It is really hot.

Had a large salad with everything I could find in the refrigerator on it. Avocado, celery, onions, chives, walnuts. Quite delicious.

Choir tonight, am looking forward to it.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, my talk with the landlord did not go well. Nuff said about that.

The personal trainer got back to me and I went to meet her before choir. We got off to a terrible start. I had to walk through the weight room to get to her office and there was a big sign on the door, "No Street Shoes." So I left my sandals in the hallway. When she saw me, she freaked about my being barefoot. "Where are your shoes?" she shrieked. I'm not exaggerating. I said I left them in the hall because the sign said no street shoes. She started going on about how dangerous it is to be barefoot. I might step on broken glass. I got annoyed and said that is very unlikely and that I go barefoot all of the time. She started in on proper shoes. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. She showed me around the weight room and I said I would get back to her. Also, I seem to be in better shape than she is. Not a good sign. Anyway, she's ruled out. I have another name though.

Choir rehearsal was great. I am really enjoying it. We are singing in Slavic, Greek, Russian, and English. Really fun.

Dinner was tuna salad and a nectarine.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Definitely a miss for that trainer. Her loss.

Am guessing the landlord wasn't very receptive to your proposal? Would he be averse to a small window unit if you have the means to purchase your own? My MIL in Montreal in a previous apt had a small wall a/c in her bedroom, and with 2 fans directing the flow cooled off the whole apt pretty much.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Choir rehearsal was great. I am really enjoying it. We are singing in Slavic, Greek, Russian, and English. Really fun.
    That really does sound fun! What event are you rehearsing for?

We are giving two concerts in mid-August with this program, which is a mixture of the aforementioned songs, some of them liturgical, some folk songs. It is a great program, very few people will have heard these songs and they are beautiful and charming. Also pretty easy to sing, which is a relief. The director is great - one of those natural teachers who teaches you stuff without your even knowing he is doing it. I am always stunned at the tremendous musicality of these choir directors. When you are talented and passionate and devote yourself to your art, amazing things happen.

I think buying my own a/c might have to be the way to go. The thing is that I am sending money to mom right now and also trying to put away $$$ for propane for the winter so I don't have the stress I had last winter trying to suddenly come up with hundreds of dollars a month for heat. Every dollar counts quite literally - I am portioning out my food dollars, etc. I am working the next three nights and so nothing will happen right now. Also the problem of just being a renter and shelling out for something that is relatively permanent - of course I can take it with me, but it might be terribly impractical to do so. I already have the investment of the laundry machines. I am not planning to go anywhere, but outlay of capital for a rented apartment makes me a bit pale. On the other hand, I am the one suffering - and the cats. And I know this shouldn't be a factor, but he has pots of money. It's none of my business, and the net worth of the landlord doesn't particularly matter, but he has two government pensions and loads of family money. It's not like he would be starving his kids to purchase a window unit for this place, and it would give many years of service for whoever is here. I'm trying not to think of it (as I sit here with sweat dripping down my face and arms.)

Cooked up a load of sausage and hot dogs for my work dinners. (Told you that I'm economizing.) I have some cabbage too. (economy again). Had to do this before it gets even hotter.

I'm a little worried. I feel absolutely fine but I have broken out on my left arm with little round red spots with tiny blisters in the center. They are not itchy. They are not insect bites. I know this because I actually saw them appear. (Hope this isn't too graphic.) Could be many things, hopefully completely inocuous.

Had two eggs and some sausage and some hot dog pieces for breakfast. Was up at 5 AM and didn't eat until 9 so I felt like was IFing, although I wasn't.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    must be an allergic reaction to something you've brushed up against. I get a reaction to Juniper of any kind. If I touch it I will get tiny bumps that burn.

You're financial plans are smart - well played. As for the heat -- are you able to put window fans to move air and bring in the cool evening air for better sleeping conditions? We have central air conditioning in our house - but I won't use it unless it is miserably hot because I don't want to pay for the electricity to run it! So I use strategically placed fans at doors and in windows to bring in cooler air and blow out hotter air.

As for the snowy pic - you do look wonderful, and its obvious you having a great time.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.