Page 306 of 590 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 306

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good morning, just catching up. For the insect swatting, consider getting one of those bug zappers that looks like a tennis racquet. They're just a few dollars at your local Harbor Freight store. Probably only a dollar at the Dollar Store...

A little game of "redneck badminton" can be quite entertaining.

I understand the countdown to the next shift thing. It always looms over one's head, affecting all the other aspects of the day. I pray you give yourself some decompression time on the days off!

---
    The day I start worrying about what a vegan thinks of me is the day they push my body out on a flaming Viking boat.
    - One of y'all said this

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    What is this bug zapper thing? I know not of it! It sounds intriguing. I must investigate. I need one!

Well, today has been a day of disasters. But you don't need to feel too sorry for me, all First World disasters. Got home from work, probably don't need to tell you that I was really tired, and broke a mirror. A full-length one. Gads. Then the door to my kitchen fell off its hinges. The screws actually pulled out of the wood. Probably this beastly heat had something to do with it. It is a big, heavy door, solid wood. Then I was sleeping in my cave and the air mattress developed a leak - I believe a cat claw had something to do with it - and I woke up sinking, sinking, sinking. The good part of this story is that I think the cot is more comfortable without the air mattress. It has settled nicely since I got it a couple of months ago. But it was a little disconcerting to have to leap up in the middle of sleeping time and wrestle the half-collapsed mattress into the hallway. Somewhere in the melee I misplaced my phone, which I normally keep under my pillow to check the time. Spent 45 minutes looking for it and was late calling my mom, which worries her horribly.

Today is hot, hot but not as hot as it was. I would go to a movie, but it is the Lone Ranger thing and I have no interest at all. I have projects around the house I was looking forward to, like hanging up a new poster, but this is not a good day for projects. I wonder if the water is warm enough to swim in? I wonder when high tide is today? Must check.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

On this hot day, here is a photo of me snowshoeing last winter. What a fun day that was!

Snowshoe photo.jpg

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Oh lovely!! A picture! And a nice chilly one for this hot weather. Looking really good!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Nice picture. What is this "snow" you speak of? :P

Electric fly swatter:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/electro...ter-40122.html
    ---
    The day I start worrying about what a vegan thinks of me is the day they push my body out on a flaming Viking boat.
    - One of y'all said this

Thank you! I am getting one today! Why didn't I know about this? BTW BZM, love your sig.

Hey, I look a lot happier in the snow picture than I do today, let me tell you. I am done with this heat, but I'm afraid the heat isn't done with me. Was woken out of a lovely sleep this morning by severe itching on the side of my face. There is a mosquito somewhere digesting a good bit of my DNA.

Dinner last night was some leftover steak and sweet potato fries. I only made half the SP this time because who am I kidding? All the fries will be consumed. And they don't keep well anyway. I had to wait until the temperature dropped enough to turn on the oven.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-15-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Love your snowy pic. I have never done snowshoeing, it sounds like a lot of fun.

and of course all the fries will be consumed So well done on only making just enough.

Snowshoeing is great fun and kind of amazing. With proper snowshoes you can rapidly move through really deep snow quite easily. It's kind of like magic. I lucked into getting a really nice set on sale - I didn't know anything about snowshoes at the time, but the ones I bought are among the best.

I'm afraid to look at the weather forecast for today, although it is quite cool right now. I dug out an old slip to sleep in. Even a tee shirt is too hot.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Well I don't have any really deep snow to move through, but if I did i would sure love to try snowshoeing. It's winter here, there's fresh snow on the mountain, just enough to make footprints in with my boots, which is exciting enough for me for now.

My electric blanket is on the bed, so I'm about to snuggle in. I know it's hard for you to imagine.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds wonderful, Annie! Yes, it is true, I won't be doing any snuggling today. More like trying to see how little clothing I can get away with and still remain decent. I'm trying to like summer but it is hard. From the crowds in town to the beastly heat, it is just not fun.