Page 305 of 590 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 305

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Peter Dinklage!!!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I've not found sweet potato fries that I like. Love baked with either butter or cinnamon.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Dinklage is astounding; in fact his performance has kept me watching the series. His character in the film is much more sympathetic and likeable than in the books, and he nails the nuances and subtleties so well that you actually think he IS Tyrion.

Whenever I eat sweet potatoes now I am astounded that I used to put sugar on them. Have my tastes changed that much? I still have and always will have a tremendous sweet tooth, but to think that I used to like them sweeter is unbelievable. I'm thinking carrots and parsnips would also be very good prepared in the same manner. They would have to be fairly large for me to use my slicer, but if you have food processor that problem would be solved. I don't have one. I keep waiting for my little Krups chopper to die a natural death, but it keeps working year after year despite being asked to do things it wasn't designed for. But I think I will purchase a food processor I have had my eye on for some time, maybe as a Christmas present for myself. That is extending out pretty far into the future, but you know how time flies.

Last night, inexplicably, my eyes and hands swelled, not terribly but bad enough that I felt the need to do something about it. I took some Benadryl, which of course led to a very drugged sleep. Woke up groggy after 8 hours! One eye is still slightly swollen. I have no idea what caused it. Maybe something as innocuous as dust. (Heaven knows there is plenty of that around here.) I didn't eat anything that I haven't eaten a hundred times before.

Today is much hotter although not as hot as it was, and very, very humid. We are supposed to have thunderstorms, which will hopefully cool things off. The felines are fascinated by the birds in the trees; they are glued to the window and look very picturesque themselves.

Haven't eaten anything yet, but have had two cups of Earl Grey.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I had that last year, and so did boy. We weren't sure what it was though I suspected a bug bite, though there was no evidence of a specific bite site.

Funny you mention sweet things. I've been a couple of weeks butting this unsweetened cocoa powder in my morning coffee, which I have with heavy cream (no sugar). Yesterday SWMBO wanted a cup of cocoa and I made her some (conventionally with sugar and cocoa powder) I had a sip of it and ack it was sooo sweet! I could never drink a cup of it. But I used to!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Could have been a bite, in addition to dust I have plenty of insect friends around here, despite my best efforts to discourage them. Some flying things are able to get in one of the skylights. The cats and I have a little routine to oust them that is fun for them, me not so much. I spray them (the insects) with a water bottle, which impedes their ability to fly but doesn't get stains or nasty chemicals all over. Then I can swat at them and at least knock them down. Then the cats pounce. It's quite a spectacle, I daresay.

I remember reading an article in a magazine written by a woman who grew up in Mauritius or some such place where they really didn't have baked goods or sweet desserts like we do. No cake, pie, etc. She was astounded that we could eat such things, she found them to be nasty tasting. They did have dessert in her culture, but it was usually fruit. No buttercream frosting!

Had a BAS for lunch. Work tonight!

Very overcast sky, very humid, too warm but luckily not too awfully hot. We are supposed to have thunderstorms. I hope they get here soon.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Buttercream, made with Kerrygold.

!!

That is all.

I can't remember what buttercream tastes like! I can eat Kerrygold just plain, though. Mmmmmmmm

Busy here at work. Seems like half the people can't breathe and the other half have chest pain.

Well, a few days of paleo and I gave myself a lovely case of the low carb flu. I haven't been tracking my food but I am surprised because I have eaten abundant fruit and of course I documented my sweet potato frenzy a couple of days ago. I didn't realize what it was at first - I woke up with a terrible headache, ached all over, slight nausea. Felt like flu! I ate some steak and eggs, stumbled around, tired, tired, tired, actually considered calling in sick. Pulled myself together and went to the food co-op as I usually do before work. A gluten-free carrot muffin called to me and within ten minutes of eating it I felt like a new woman. Oh dear! Must keep sweet potatoes around the house - I was wishing for one this afternoon - and maybe some bananas. That is a lot better for me than gluten-free baked goods.

Otherwise all is good.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh my taste for sweet things has really changed too. Sugary cakes have just lost any appeal they ever had and even an apple can sometimes taste too sweet. It's kinda funny, but helpful because the wrong things just don't even seem to tempt me now.

As for your gluten free muffin, well it did the trick without being toooo bad for you. Although I must say your sweet potato chips sound very yummy and good for you too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feeling much better today but oddly have lost my appetite, a very uncommon occurrence. Don't worry, I am still eating. At work again, my third night. I slept quite well today and so I feel pretty good. I will be glad for a night off, though. One problem with working nights is there is never any real relaxation time. It is always a countdown until the next shift. When you get home in the morning, it's a race to get to sleep and then back to work. There is no unwinding with a glass of wine or lingering over a nice meal. It is such a relief to get home and think, "I don't have to do anything else today!" To get up and just hang out, sit on the sofa and look out over the water without hearing the clock ticking away the minutes. But these kinds of things are what makes life so sweet. If I never had anywhere to go or anything special to do, those moments wouldn't be so enjoyable. And there is always something to look forward to.