Page 304 of 590 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 304

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My mother died of Alzheimer's. The last time I saw her she was very child-like. My children even asked, Why is grandma acting like a little girl. They didn't have an issue with her not knowing them- they didn't spend a lot of time around my parents as we lived in different states, but the childlike behavior confused them.

When she finally passed, it was a relief in many ways. The woman/mother we knew had been gone for years.
    that's so very sad. But that's what the disease does - it takes away the person and leaves someone else in their place. It is a very unforgiving disease.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is sad about your ex's mom. I liked him when he walked out of church with ya
    His sister probably disliked you because of your intelligence. Jealousy is a wicked thing.
    Good article I was reading just his morning while eating a cup of wild blueberries:
    Alzheimer's Disease May Be Caused by a Poor Diet

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    My aunt has Lou Gering disease. Her mind is alert, but she is gradually loosing all muscle control and will eventually be unable to breathe.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Lou Gerig's is a tough one. Sorry about that, Pedidoc. Too many debilitating diseases in this world............ diet? pollution? bad genes? Sure causes a lot of heart ache.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    ALS is truly one of the most puzzling and devastating of diseases. I've cared for many patients over the years with this illness, and I have had two friends die from it - both healthy women in their forties. So many things that can go wrong with the human body.

Well, my cats are ill, I imagine as a result of the heat they endured. All three are in various states of vomiting and distress. One has improved rather dramatically after a rather horrible hour of wretching, the other two are not quite as bad. I am sure they did not get into anything poisonous - there is nothing here for them to ingest. Although cats are quite resistant to heat, it was too much. I am very, very grateful for my washing machine and my vinyl floors. If they don't all get better this morning, I will take them to the vet but honestly I don't think it is the sort of thing a vet can help. They didn't eat during the heat wave which didn't surprise me, and then they ate heartily yesterday - too heartily I think. I need to get them some grass. I normally have a little pot of grass for them, but I am between crops right now.

All is well on the eating front. I have a steak marinating right now. Not going to eat until later. I'm going to make sweet potato fries with my spiral slicer.

I'm watching the second season of Game of Thrones on DVD, which I got from the library. I haven't seen the entire first season yet, but that is okay since I have read all of the books and know what happens anyway. Despite not really liking it, I can't stop watching it. I felt the same way about the books - I found them repellent but I couldn't put them down. Like a train wreck, I suppose. The third season is not available yet.

Well, must go tend to the felines. They seem to be better.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I have the series also and have started watching it, but so far cant really get into it. I haven't read the books, so that might be the problem. I love Sean Bean.

Friends tell me that it gets better, but so far I'm having trouble breaking in.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    She had no memory of being married and having children. I'm not even a mother, but that was chilling to me. Can you imagine forgetting your own children?
    Ooh, I don't like that either. I would much rather have memories of Honey and the children than my mother. My father, that would be fine, but my mother and I do not get along. Being stuck with her as my main mental companion for my twilight years would be a nightmare. I so hope that my brain doesn't go first in that way.

Thankfully she seems to be okay with memories of her mother, but who knows what she really perceives? We'll never know. In a way it is a blessing as two of her children have died in the past five years, and she can't perceive that.

The felines seem to be much better. I have been looking at the food cans and trying to figure out if that made them sick, but I really don't think so. I didn't notice any odor, and cats are very, very good at not eating spoiled food. They are all drinking and peeing and pooping, so there is no blockage. That would send me screaming to the vet immediately.

Might go see Kon-Tiki this afternoon. Been wanting to see it, and there is a matinee. Yes, we have such quaint things here. Our movie theaters are independent one-screen productions, and normally there is only an evening show.

Well, I hate to type OMG because it is pretty silly, but...OMG. The sweet potato fries were outstanding. The memory is very satisfying also! Made them with coconut oil, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper, salt. Also had some steak, but that was just meh. Am having a cup of turmeric tea now.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, Were they deep fried or pan fried or coated in oil and oven baked?
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just coated them in oil and the spice mixture and baked them at 400F for approximately 25 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Yes, I ate the whole thing - a fairly large sweet potato minus the peel. Having made them hand-cut and made them with a slicer, I vote wholeheartedly for the slicer. Having the pieces all of the same thickness produces a greatly superior fry.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't enraptured by Game of Thrones. Everyone in the library practically swooned when I picked it up. Although, well, I am watching it. It does tell a good story (although never-ending) and has moments of brilliance. It also has a lot of tedium, predictability, gratuitous violence and gore. Just when I think I'm going to turn it off out of boredom or disgust, a really great scene comes along. I will say the acting is superb.