Page 303 of 590 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 303

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't do heat either. When it gets into the mid 80s I'm uncomfortable - and beyond that just drains every ounce of energy out of me. I could never live in the southern regions or anywhere tropical!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sio, that was a smart idea about keeping comp off and accumulating things to do/look up on a list. Thx, life coach

Hope your temps cool down up there. I go from ATL to Fernandina Beach, hot & humid to hot, humid & salty breeze.
    It's why I keep calories lower, carbs later in the day and pretty much no alcohol. I stay cooler from the inside out that way.

I did have an awesome glass of champagne on the 4th and picked the meat out of a ginormous lobster roll. First time in my life that bread looked totally unappealing to me. Yay.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I am just FULL of good ideas! This is the only place anyone listens to me, though.

Much cooler tonight. Almost actually cool. Thank heavens.

I have totally lost my taste for bread, don't remember what it tastes like, and don't even think toast smells good any more. (I smell toast all the time at work. Come to think of it, that's a bit off-putting.)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Got up very early to go to meditation/book group. Was hungry, so I had bacon and duck eggs. When I got home, I was hungry again! Had a large salad, all veg.

Yesterday I got up enough courage to weigh myself - hadn't done so in quite a while. Although my clothes fit fine, I have been feeling fat. I hate to say that, but it is true. Well, I was 137. So I have gained a few pounds, and I would like to nip that in the bud! Much easier to lose when it is just 4 or 5 than when it gets to be 7 or 8 or 9 or....you know. This is Day Three of fairly strict paleo. I say fairly strict because I'm just eating paleo foods and not following a structured plan. The big difference is No Dairy and No Sugar. But I am eating a fair amount of fruit. Raspberries and nectarines. Grapefruit. Lots and lots of veg. That's one thing CW gets right. Vegetables are our friends. I'm drinking kombucha instead of wine. I know, they are not the same at all. But somehow kombucha fits that niche that alcohol has vacated.

I need more exercise! Today is rainy, it has rained very hard a couple of times. Bless! It is quite cool, wonderfully cool. I dread Madame Sun coming out to see us. I hope she visits somewhere else today.

Got a text from my ex, his mom is going into hospice care. Feel very bad for him. She is quite old and has had severe dementia for a many years. She doesn't even know who I am. When I met my ex, she no longer recognized him and meeting and remembering anyone new was not possible for her. She would be pleasant to me but had no interest in who I was, which is normal for someone in that state. Since she couldn't even remember her own son, it would be pretty hard to explain what I was doing there! She has deteriorated significantly over the past few weeks, and she is in her late 80's. I pray for her easy passage.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    So sad. When my Mother passed, her mind was still sharp, it was her body that gave out. It's hard to say which is worse. My own theory is that the sadness of the death of a loved one is always about the same, if the death is sudden and unexpected you feel all of the sadness all at once. If the death is slow and drawn out, the sadness is metered out over a longer time frame. My Mom's decline was over 10 years (multiple strokes). By the time she finally passed there was relief mingled with the sadness.

There's just no good way to go I guess. I share your hope for her easy passage.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I would have to agree with DCarr. The loss of a loved one just hurts. I hope you ex is able to mourn and heal without too much pain. I would guess since she has been mentally absent for so many years that her passing may be an easier process for him - as most of his mourning has probably already happened.

Death is a strange thing.............. we're alive, and then we're not. But I do believe the spirit (soul) goes on to live in a different place.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

It's been a blessing for him that he has spent a lot time with her over the past three years, and that he has forged a new relationship with her. She didn't know him or remember that he was her son, but they had fun together. He would take her out for drives, encourage her to eat, tell her jokes. He would tell her long stories that she would forget before he even finished them. There was sadness, and weirdness - she seemed to think she was a child, and would ask to call her mother, say she had to get home to help her mother make dinner, things of that sort. She had no memory of being married and having children. I'm not even a mother, but that was chilling to me. Can you imagine forgetting your own children? But it was none of my business and I always kept quiet. Well, I don't know why I am putting this here. Just feel like talking about it, I guess. My ex's sister hates me and I won't be welcome at the funeral, which makes me sad. (For the record, there is no reason for her to hate me. I don't know why she feels that way.)

BTW, tomi, I really like your sig line - so true, so true.

Sounds like a pretty amazing guy to go to all that effort with his mom. I'm sure he has been a real blessing to her - even if she doesn't realize it.

Too bad ex sister has bad feelings towards you. That happens when there is a divorce - even when its a mutual choice - sometimes people don't understand or make assumptions or just plan have their own versions of what went down even when they had no part in it. Very sad.

For many years my own sister was angry at me for what she decided was the cause of my divorce. She had it in her mind that I caused my first marriage to fail because I wanted to be reunited with my old boyfriend (who is my current hubby). She has her facts completely messed up - but I will never convince her of that. I was the one insisting on marriage counseling and I was the one trying so hard to hold to marriage together. In the end - the ex is the one who gave up and wanted out. He even told her that and she still chose to blame me. Some people just won't listen. She and I are fine now - 13 years later. But it took a good 10 years to get passed it all.

I hope her passing is easy and your ex finds peace and comfort through it all.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    That is so sad, but also so interesting. Talk about getting to know your Mother as a person. Even though her memories are gone, something of her mannerisms, way of speaking and thinking are likely still intact. She still must have felt closeness with him at some level. Seems like it would make for a great novel or movie or something.

Bittersweet.

It's sad about your ex's Sister.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    It's been a blessing for him that he has spent a lot time with her over the past three years, and that he has forged a new relationship with her. She didn't know him or remember that he was her son, but they had fun together. He would take her out for drives, encourage her to eat, tell her jokes. He would tell her long stories that she would forget before he even finished them. There was sadness, and weirdness - she seemed to think she was a child, and would ask to call her mother, say she had to get home to help her mother make dinner, things of that sort. She had no memory of being married and having children. I'm not even a mother, but that was chilling to me. Can you imagine forgetting your own children? But it was none of my business and I always kept quiet. Well, I don't know why I am putting this here. Just feel like talking about it, I guess. My ex's sister hates me and I won't be welcome at the funeral, which makes me sad. (For the record, there is no reason for her to hate me. I don't know why she feels that way.)

BTW, tomi, I really like your sig line - so true, so true.
    My mother died of Alzheimer's. The last time I saw her she was very child-like. My children even asked, Why is grandma acting like a little girl. They didn't have an issue with her not knowing them- they didn't spend a lot of time around my parents as we lived in different states, but the childlike behavior confused them.

When she finally passed, it was a relief in many ways. The woman/mother we knew had been gone for years.