Page 302 of 590 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 302

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a paleo brekkie of wild-caught salmon, mushrooms, and grapefruit. Now am tackling the major project of cleaning this messy place. Feels good to get to it!

Thanks be to the powers of heaven and earth that brought us cooler temperatures today. The sun is out in full force but it should only be in the 70s.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I envy you the cooler temps. Down in CT there is no end in sight...

I tried to play tennis yesterday, but quit after a half an hour. I intended to take a walk, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    That's how it is down here all the time. I've got a circle in the house that I do to get my walking in. The dogs think I'm crazy, but its better than getting heat stroke outside.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I have tremendous sympathy for you, I can't stand heat. One reason why I live in Maine. I have a sister in Tyler, TX, she is always trying to get me to move there. I would probably literally go insane from the heat.

Well, I've put in a couple of hours of hard labor and I am wrecked. I've barely made a dent! The bathroom is clean, and my sleeping cave is spotless. Swept and washed the stairs. Semi-cleaned off the top of my built-ins (dusted and put stuff back even though I should keep it completely clear.) Carried a stepladder upstairs to put light bulbs in some track lights that have always been bulbless only to find they don't work. Bit discouraging. I was looking forward to those nice bright daylight bulbs next winter. Oh well! Carried the ladder back to the barn, then decided to eff around with the lights to try to get them to work. Carried ladder back up. Effing was unsuccessful. Took ladder back. Massive washing of various throws around the place - obviously with the cats this is a constant effort, but it has been hard since it is so hot because running the dryer is unthinkable. So far it is much cooler but still heating up. I am going to wind down the cleaning effort, rest a bit, get cleaned up, and maybe go out somewhere if it gets too hot. It's just crazy to hang out here when it is really hot. I can't under the bed like the cats can. Of course I can take off my coat, which they cannot do.

Found a bottle of kombucha in the fridge, hurray! That will revive me.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like lots of lifting heavy things!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that sounds like quite a workout, Siobhan. Clean home is a happy home.

Speaking of heat, in June we had to endure through 2 weeks of broken AC. Considering my geographic location, that was not fun at all!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Am ridiculously proud that Mark used my comment today. It makes me feel like I am connecting in some way, and that I am on the right track. When I posted the comment, it was late in the day, many pages back, and I thought no one would even read it. Just goes to show that you never know!
    Sio, would you please link me to this comment? I can never find them.

Here you go, Judy - Weekend Link Love - Edition 250 | Mark's Daily Apple. At the end of the post he always has a Comment of the Week. (She says modestly) It's about turning off your computer and jotting down things you want to look up on a piece of paper rather than dropping everything to google every minute or so.

GrayCat, I have the utmost sympathy! I lived in Atlanta for 4 years. Can you believe I owned a car with no A/C? It's true. I used to actually throw up sometimes after driving home from work in the summer. I don't miss that.

Alas, after cleaning for three hours and coming up far short of my goal of a semi-clean home, I gave up in exhaustion. Yes, I am a wuss. Hopeless. Can't do any more, in fact I need to have a bit of lie down.

Had a salad for lunch, same as last night - walnuts, avocado, raspberries, salad greens.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 07-08-2013 at 11:23 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    I'd wake up gasping and quickly wet the sheet again.

!
    Now that's funny if taken completely out of context!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Well, it would be quite primal!

Blessings and thanks to the Lord of the Weather. It is much cooler today, maybe 80F with a nice breeze. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I wish I had done better with cleaning, but tomorrow is another day.

Am cooking a flank steak which will provide dinner and maybe a snack for tomorrow. Also the broccoli soup I made yesterday, which is just broccoli and an onion roasted, then whirled up in a blender with some stock, seasoned appropriately. Quite tasty and a good way to eat broccoli, which is not a favorite of mine. I did check it for worms, David. No one will be singing to me.