Page 297 of 590 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 297

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You can also try that orange degreaser stuff. Pour a cupful down the drain once each week. Bonus: it smells better than Drano/Liquid Plumber.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    You can get a manual 10ft drain snake for about $15.00 at Home Depot. It should take care of the clog. It's nasty work but likely a big greasy hairball is the culprit. I have to do it about once a year thanks to SWMBO and her long hair.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

tomi is offline Senior Member
    boiling water and dishwasher powder would probably cut through the gunk. I'd pour about 1/2 cup of dishwasher powder and let it sit for a couple hours......... then do the boiling water rinse.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am happy to report the drain is unclogged and the sink is clean as a whistle. (What does that even mean? Are whistles particularly hygienic?) And thank you all for your suggestions, I will be employing all of them from now on. I won't let the drain get so bad again, it was foolish of me to wait until it was almost totally clogged. I need to be more diligent about removing my own long hair, and I need to degrease it regularly with something nontoxic. Good thing I kind of like doing stuff like unclogging drains. (Yes, but you already knew that I am somewhat weird in a totally good way of course.) I guess I just like doing things that have a definite, immediate, unequivocal result even if they are yucky.

Had my current favorite meal - herbed goat cheese wrapped in prosciutto, lightly sauteed until warm through and crispy outside. Also some canary melon, which has survived a week in my refrigerator.

Oboe is helping me type this, so I hope I'm not making too many mistakes. He likes to lick my hands while I am typing. Perhaps this has something to do with eating prosciutto with my hands. Yes, I wash them afterwards. Cats are exquisitely sensitive and discerning creatures.

Work tonight and for once I am pretty happy to go back. Being away made me realize what a wonderful life I have here. I complain about my job but really it is pretty sweet. And I am liked and appreciated - I can say this without blushing as I have worked hard to make it so.

Thunderstorm continues - torrential rain off and on. I hope the roads don't flood!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'm going home today and making some of that prosciutto and goat cheese whatever you wanna call it. Sounds delicious!

What was the method for the tap? I also have long hair so I always like to hear other's solutions
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Upon going to the store, I found a drain opener that claimed to degrease AND included a small plastic snake for $5. I bought two just in case. After 30 minutes it had done its magic and the sink was empty. I flushed it thoroughly with hot water, snaked it, plunged it. Brought up a large amount of gelatinous black stuff. It is running freely now. I have placed a stack of paper towels (wasteful, yes I know) next to the sink for wiping out my hair, particularly after brushing, styling, etc. I have been really lax about that. I'm going to get some of that orange degreaser stuff and put it down once a week or so to keep the coconut oil at bay.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the plumbing success!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Well, here I am at work. Things have picked up considerably, which is good! Lots to do and I am making myself useful. Only thing is that I have eaten too much. So hungry! Now I feel kind of weird. Too many carbs. Not bad ones - just too many.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    For that weird gucky stuff in the pipes I use baking soda and vinegar on a regular basis. Works like a charm.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    The baking soda/vinegar combo works for me too.
    Glad your trip was what you'd hoped for, Sio, to see your mom and stay primal.
    It's always wonderful to come back home to your loved ones.