Page 296 of 513 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5128

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 296

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So true! Two and a half million years of evolution can't be wrong.

Got the food thing down here. Luckily there are a lot of veg here. Veg and pork roast.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 06-25-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    I go barefoot a lot too . But I do put on my huaraches when grocery shopping, because the produce and meat section are just too cold for my feet . I wear merrell's Live zest glove for work and pace glove for CrossFit and XeroShoes huaraches for all other occasions where it is socially unacceptable to walk barefoot
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Whew! What a week it was. Am home again! Arrived at 2 AM and received rapturous greeting from cats. I almost cried I was so happy. Everything was perfect, the friend who looked after the cats did a wonderful job.

The trip home took all my primal skills to endure. Five hour delay on the flight. Keep in mind the flight itself is only two hours. Then a two hour bus trip home and another hour drive. I was very happy I had taken the bus as I was so tired I could not have driven the whole way. I am just small enough to curl up like a snail and lay across two seats, so I did so and slept all the way from Boston to Portland. Then I was awake enough to drive home on a very dark and foggy night. It is blessedly cool here. I nearly roasted to death at my mom's house. The combination of heat, humidity, and overcast skies was enough to drive anyone nuts. Stayed primal the whole time! I felt a little guilty about not eating my mom's birthday cake, but I joined them with a 70% chocolate bar. Of course there were many comments about my eating 'all that meat' - funny thing is that I subsisted on large amounts of green salad and various vegetables and some berries, with some roast pork on the side.

Must go pick up my mail.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome home! It's funny how you can be fully grown, independent and fully your own person and ten minutes with your family and you feel the need to justify every decision you ever made!

It actually is very charming (to me) to have a group of people who have always been there and who have seen you grow. Of course it would be great if they accepted us unconditionally always, but they don't. I'm always happy to visit my family, and then always happy to come home again.

Of course working with relatives (cousins) blurs the line somewhat, but it's different with your nuclear family.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Yes, this visit went relatively well. I have an odd relationship with my oldest sister - we seem to have some sort of weird competition going on between us, at least on her part. The last couple of times I have gone to visit family, I have had a bit of a meltdown. (Hanging head in shame) Yes, I have ended up sitting on the floor in the bathroom weeping like a child. But not this time. Not even close. Everything just rolled off. I probably shouldn't take all the credit, but I just didn't get bothered about things on this visit. There were extenuating factors - the Stanley Cup finals occupied a lot of time and provided a release for emotions, etc. My nephew was there, and as we don't know him very well (long story) we were on our best behavior. Anyway, it was good.

It is so nice to be home! Home! Home! Home! Went to the farmers market and got some brats made from pastured pork, some ground veal (humanely raised, etc. - they have pics), some goat cheese, pastured turkey, strawberries, zucchini. Am going to a party tonight, so I picked up some conventional shrimp at the store - I have found that is a good thing to take to these sorts of things. Everyone loves it and I can eat it and there are no embarrassing questions. I also got a package of rice crackers to take. That way I can eat stuff that is primal but can't be gotten into my mouth easily. I am hoping for chopped liver. There is a guy coming to the party who makes terrific stuff. He was happy to share his recipe and there is nothing bad in it.

It was so nice to wake up surrounded by felines this morning. I missed them so much. It is good for me to have them around, because it takes me out of myself. Obviously they have to be cared for on a constant basis. That's the thing about animals. The constancy and routine are almost like a meditation. And the reward in seeing them happy and healthy, playing and running around, sleeping in the sun.

Whew.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome home!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad for you that the visit was successful, and the homecoming joyous. The Primal parent blog has an interesting post on how her emotions changed after she became more of a pure (and carniverous) eater. She still HAS emotions, but she felt as though she were able to shrug off the bad ones. She thinks (if I remember correctly) that modern foods really jack our brain chemistry around.

I think you and the blogger are absolutely correct. I have experienced a major mood shift - for the better - since going primal. I think the combination of modern food and too many carbs wreak havoc with our brains. My brain is much happier on fat. I find I am able to think clearly and put things into perspective even in the heat of the moment, i.e. when my sister says for the fourth time in fifteen minutes, "Of course you live in a frozen backwater, you wouldn't understand," or something along those lines. (She has never been here.) I'm able to let these comments just go by, and see them for what they are - that weird competition that her life is better than mine or whatever.

Well, this morning I decided to attack the clogged bathroom sink. An unfortunate side effect of using coconut oil to brush my teeth, and also as a facial cleanser. Must think about this. The sink has been very, very, very slow and getting sllllloooowwwer, so I poured drain stuff down it, let it sit for the required time, and plunged away. Despite bringing up copious amounts of extremely foul black stuff liberally laced with hair (mine), I have succeeded in totally stopping the drain. I need to go out and get some more drain stuff, much as I hate the stuff. It is a rainy, stormy morning, thunder, lightning, torrential downpours. I have been enjoying a quite morning with a fire in the woodstove, pots of tea, duck eggs. Now I need to stir myself and get this problem solved.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    M'dear! I don't think drain stuff will do saturated fat- same reason why oil doesn't go down the drain. Your best luck will be boilding hot water to help melt the fat... Give it 5-10 then plunge to no end once your confident some of it has melted.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses