Page 292 of 590 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 292

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here I am at work. Wish I wasn't! It was so hard to come tonight - it is unbelievably beautiful outside, just perfect. This morning when I got home went outside and sat on the rock on the hillside, looking down at the wildflowers and trees sloping down to the water. I wished that I could have stayed there all day, maybe slept there! And when I got up, I made a cup of tea and sat on the balcony. I would love to be there right now, sipping a G&T and watching the sunset.

I read a passage in a book that I think describes me. This is from Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee. The author is describing his mother.

"She lived by the easy laws of the hedgerow, loved the world and made no plans, had a quick holy eye for natural wonders and couldn't have kept a neat house for her life."
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like someone I could get along with The scene sounds really beautiful - it is such a crash back down to reality when you have to go into work on a day like that! Hope it is a good night and that there is more beautiful weather waiting for you tomorrow!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Thank you, Coll! Alas, this afternoon is not so beautiful as yesterday. The ephemeral wonders of nature! I am not complaining, though, it is pleasant and quiet, overcast and cool.

Slept well and had a rather large lunch of chicken soup followed by a pork chop and mashed sweet potato. All leftovers, no cooking involved. Finished two books that I am reading for a group project. A group of internet book friends that I have 'known' for 18 years (!) have decided to complete a "Century" - we will read a book published in every year since 1900. We aren't just filling in with books we have already read, although we are allowing rereads. After all, Catcher in the Rye will be a very different reading experience in one's sixth decade that it was at age 16.

Although the scale hasn't moved, I am feeling fat. Yes. Don't know why. I don't like the feeling. For one thing, it is so CW and for another I don't know why I feel different. Have felt this way for about a week. I always suspect carbs are the problem, and I will look into this further. Have not eaten any 'bad' carbs at all, no grains or sugars. No potatoes or rice for that matter.

I may have to largely curtail my swimming for the summer. This is a very painful realization. The pool is just overrun with all the summer people. I have traced my upset tummy of a week ago to high bacteria levels. And the last time I swam (Thursday) there were unpleasant things on the bottom of the pool. NOT training dummies. I think I should only swim when the pool opens at 5:30 AM to 7 AM, when the filters and chlorine have worked their magic overnight, and it is only adult lap swimmers. After that, I need to think twice. This makes me very unhappy but I don't want to be sick and of course it is kind of gross, even for a Grokette like me who poo-poos overt delicacy in such matters.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

This: 51 Paleo Snacks Anyone Can Love | Greatist

Ah, the joy of seeing a recipe and realizing that not only do I have all of the ingredients, a key one is already prepared. Having mashed cauliflower around is a really good idea. I made 'hummus' from the above recipe list. Really, really good. Although I am ashamed to say I prepared it and ate and wasn't even hungry. Also, it was best slightly warm. Totally changes the flavor profile.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! And RIP to my own beloved pater. I miss you, Dad. You still live in my heart.

One cool thing about having three cats is that one of them is always doing something interesting. And normally one is always near me if not actually right next to me. It is really fun and such good company. Very good dynamic so far.

Cleaned out the refrigerator and unfortunately had to throw away some lemons and some herbs. The downside of fresh food. But still the best way to eat!

Slept very well...beautiful, beautiful morning. After feeding the cats, I am now out of cat food. This must be corrected immediately. Also, I am pretty much out of my own people food. If I was a real hunter gatherer, I would be very busy right now and not typing on a computer. Off to forage at the grocery store!

A confession.

I purchased and consumed a can of corned beef. The kind I ate during my childhood on white bread with mustard. This time around there was no bread, but there was mustard. Do you know, it tasted exactly as I remember! Not sure what actually goes into that can, beef-wise, but it surely was good. Of course it contains sugar and salt. I fried it in butter. Am thinking it would make a really nice eggs-benedict sort of dish, with Brazilian tapioca bread and a poached egg on top with some type of sauce. Hmmmmm.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 06-17-2013 at 10:17 AM.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I see nothing wrong with an indulgence like corned beef- the beef part is likely leftovers but how often do you get the opportunity to eat the leftover parts of the cow. Not perfectly paleo but really- who's counting? This one isn't the worst non paleo thing you could have eaten! It sounds like you really enjoyed it too! Would have been worse if you barely liked it.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ I agree
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Haha! I loved it! I'm gonna keep a can or two on the shelf for emergencies. Like when I run out of bacon.

Made this for lunch: Green Kitchen Stories Mint & Mango Marinated Zucchini Spaghetti. When I was making it, I was thinking it wasn't going to be that good. I was wrong. I ended up practically inhaling it. I used my new zoodles shredder/slicer thing. Also had a guac-stuffed burger.

It was a warm sunny day until about an hour ago when the heavens literally opened and a thunderstorm of epic proportions bombarded us. Now the sun is out again!