Page 291 of 590 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 291

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    BTW, it is pouring rain and quite chilly. I have the woodstove roaring and all the windows open.

Is any of this stuff I am putting here primal?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely primal girl! We are more than just the food we eat - and I have to say that the spiral slicer thingy looks fun. Bet my kids would enjoy spiral veggies... I love the sound of woodstove roaring and windows open - perfect combo! We are in the midst of a heat wave here in CO and the house is shut up tight and I am feeling very grateful for air conditioning, BUT I hate having to have all the windows closed. It feels as though I am living in a tin can. The trailer is hot even with the air running ... Enjoy your cool weather and the rain! CO is burning up again
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I'll bet you would love Maine!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I love your excitement over the nature shows! I love them too! Except for the shows when its nature in the raw - I don't like seeing the baby Wildebeast get eaten by the lioness.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal stuff? A definite yes. You have the unique gift of living in the moment, more than many of us. Delighting in and taking inspiration from the world around you. And a delightful way of conveying that through your words.

Cheers for spiral cucumbers and unbroken glasses filled with high end libations .

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ well said!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Well, I thank you all for ploughing through the absurdities of my journal and hopefully amusing anecdotes. Sometimes I look at my writings here and wonder that I have actually posted this stuff online. And that I have not only kept at it, but seem to have picked up steam, although the focus has changed quite a bit from the beginning.

Watched my nature shows and enjoyed them very much. I had seen the hummingbird program but it was excellent and worth seeing again. They are amazing and fantastical creatures, the more so the more you learn about them. The ape show was also very good and provided a lot of food for thought. Whenever I see research about how 'smart' animals are, I can't help but think the emperor has no clothes - we judge according to our standards and mores. Because although I might be a moderately intelligent human, I wouldn't last an hour as an ape. Or a bird, for that matter. We don't measure stuff like ability to avoid or outwit a predator, or find food when there is virtually none, or find a place to sleep that is safe, or survive a sub-zero night with no walls or central heating.

I couldn't watch the elephant program, it was too painful for me. It was about how China is fueling the destruction of elephants by enthusiastically pursuing ivory trading. Too horrible. It's one thing to see villagers kill an elephant for food, or to save their crops, but the ivory trade is revolting.

My soup from yesterday is magnificent. I don't know if it is because the broth has a little extra oomph because of the pork chop bones, or the fennel added something indescribable, but it is really good. I didn't even add any spices. Just the veg, the broth, chicken, and a big handful of chopped parsley and cilantro. Added a splash of cream right before eating. That was breakfast.

This afternoon I am going to see Helen Mirren in The Audience, a live broadcast from the National Theater in London. I am expecting great things!

I've just seen The Audience not once but twice. It was so good I went back for the evening performance. Yes, it was that good. Mirren is amazing, as is the rest of the cast. I laughed out loud, I cried. So glad to have had the experience. I am very excited about the upcoming shows - there will be a run of Shakespeare that is going to be dazzling.

This morning I hiked a bit but the trail was just too boggy. Only about half an hour. Then I swam. Then began the theater immersion experience. Tomorrow is work!

Well, the spammer left me some little annoying gifs. I don't know if this is preferable to the usual pics that don't show.

Woke up very early and since I have to work tonight I got up. Nothing really to report other than a good, although short, night of sleep. Reading Laurie Lee's Cider with Rosie, a classic I have never read before. I actually first read the second book in the series of three. Lee had a reputation of being a stupendous lover. Several famous women have stated he was the best. His writings certainly show he appreciated women.

Had some soup this morning. Soup is a very good breakfast. Yesterday I bought PG Tips. That is definitely a superior tea. I can't remember why I stopped buying it. Maybe I couldn't find it in the store. Now it is much more available.

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ...I couldn't watch the elephant program, it was too painful for me. It was about how China is fueling the destruction of elephants by enthusiastically pursuing ivory trading. Too horrible. It's one thing to see villagers kill an elephant for food, or to save their crops, but the ivory trade is revolting.
    I've seen other things along these lines from China. The unfettered pursuit of financial gain lets them sacrifice long-term quality for short-term cash. At some point they're going to crash headlong into their resource limits. Dunno what would happen next. Don't want to think about it.