Page 289 of 520 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5200

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 289

tomi is online now Senior Member
    OH............. how can such lovely things as chocolate and wine cause such a ruckus! Hope you're feeling better before you have to go to work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what a chocolate pot is, but if chocolate gave a churned gut, take it as a sign and move on as soon as you feel better. My problem with chocolate is I can't eat just one square. If it comes in a bar, then the bar is mine. Good thing I have no bars in house now.
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    This is a chocolate pot:

Mexican Chocolate Pots de Crme (Dairy-Free!) | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo

They are fantastic.

Went to work despite not feeling well at all. Tummy very upset. And then, wouldn't you know we got a bad baby and I had to work under the heat lamps for 3 hours! I really thought I was going to hurl and had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom for awhile. Don't worry, there were plenty of extra people to care for the baby. Would have been so embarrasing to puke in the hallway, or worse yet pass out! I've eaten some rice crackers and feel a little better.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

tomi is online now Senior Member
    chocolate and wine on an empty stomach.......... might be the last time you do that huh? Hope you feel better soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thank you Candy, you made me smile!

Felt nauseated and headache-y all night, it was not pleasant! And a very challenging night at work, wouldn't you know it. Was so tired! Those of you who have done this sort of thing know that feeling sick makes you even more tired. Anyway, it is over, I feel better and got a bit of rest - only slept 3 hours or so but that is okay, I am off tonight. And I will be taking it easy! And yes, I have learned my lesson, chocolate pots and red wine on an empty stomach, for lunch no less, is a really bad idea. One good effect is that I am cured of wanting chocolate or alcohol for a while at least!

I have, however, eaten heartily today. Besides being wicked tired I was ravenously hungry. I made a scrambled egg, heated up some Mexican pot roast (no, not tired of it yet) and sides of sour cream, avocado, and salsa. That really hit the spot, let me tell you! But I woke up hungry and made a sweet potato pancake and ate that with beef (yes, again). Also had a cup of coffee. Unusual for me to make coffee at home, but it seemed like a good idea.

Very interested in the guest post today about pork production. I had that suspicion about Niman Ranch. Humane issues aside, it is not worth the considerable extra money. Must...get...freezer. Must...buy...local. Here I can visit the farms and drive by them whenever I am wondering what the pigs and cows and chickens are doing.

Don't know if I reported on this, but pork chop bones make great broth.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Oh dear. Into everyone's life some rain must fall. Went swimming and got out after 20 minutes - just tired. I am glad I went, it was very relaxing. While showering I started to get very tired. Stopped at the drugstore to pick up a couple of things and the line was so long to check out I just suddenly felt overwhelmed. I put the things back and left, and bypassed the grocery store also. Came home and stoked up the woodstove and also opened the windows. Sounds counterproductive, but this way I get lovely cool fresh air (it is cool and rainy) but I am still warm enough. Decided to try out my new curly cutter thing. Also decided that a gin & tonic would be a fine digestive. (Tummy is still a little unhappy.) I have some ultra-super delicious tonic with no sugar or HFCS - just a little honey. I cut up a cucumber on the curly cutter - very cool! Put it in a glass with the last of my ice, turned to pick up something and knocked the glass over. CRASH! It hit the soapstone surrounding my woodstove and smashed into a million pieces. No G&T for me tonight. I guess it was not meant to be. If I go out, I have to put out the woodstove and honestly, I am too tired. I should not be driving. Well, just gives me something to look forward to, right?

I'm really struggling with tiredness - not sleepiness - since I had a week off and returned to work by working five nights in a row. That was too hard, particularly with the no-notice night thrown in.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Snuggle up to the cats and watch tv or read. Have a nice cup of tea.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I am taking your advice and am going to watch nature shows and drink Bengal Spice with the tiny tigers.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Best thing for that deep bone tiredness. I know the feeling.....
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html