Page 288 of 590 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 288

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Journaled my food for the first time in ages. Pleasantly surprised. The good thing about the chocolate pots is they are mostly fat. It's not even 5 PM and I am done eating for the day. I always do better eating a fairly large meal at around 4 or 5 PM. Yes, very proletariat, I know! I have enough room left for a glass of wine, which I will have in a while.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I so enjoyed reading your lifeguard story, I'm sure the kids were laughing about it so much when it was over!
    If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
    I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Crock pot pork chops, in the cold months that's how I like to do them, very tasty !
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

I'm one of those weird people who feels like slow braised meats scream "Summer!" and salads shout "January!" Anyway, I just finished a large Sunday dinner of pork chops, carrots, chocolate pot, red wine, salad. Very delicious. And now the sun has come out and I must go outside and make Vitamin D.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Journaled my food again today and did well. I'm going to keep this up for awhile to make sure I am on track. I'm good with fat for sure!

Got plenty of sun today and walked a bit. Nothing strenuous.

Am distressed to find the summer pool schedule is not good for lap swimming. They have 'summer camp' every afternoon for several hours. I don't begrudge the kids the use of the pool but...but...what about me? Also they have an extra class in the morning that takes up an additional hour. This makes me sad. Swimming will have to be a much more structured activity, something that is hard for me because my schedule is erratic. But I will persevere. And maybe it is time to actually go out and find a personal trainer to work with me for awhile and build some muscle. Trouble is I know the personal trainers around here, they are totally CW. Hopefully there is one that I don't know about who is paleo-friendly.

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    I find I do better when journaling too. I also know from past trials after 2-3 weeks I start to find journaling a chore. I'll have to get over that.

The personal trainer idea is a good one. In a couple weeks I will start using one at theYMCA twice a week, also dragging one of my sons with me

I wonder if in your pre-chat with a PT before agreeing to terms if you express your desire for training using the primal exercise blueprint whether they will be willing to accommodate? You would think so, the more techniques / approaches they can offer clients, the more money they can make. You are the customer, the PT who can flex to meet your rules gets the job
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

I'm the opposite, I find it hard to start up, but then it becomes a habit. And paleotrack makes it easy as you can save your favorite foods and recipes. Also this helps me remember good recipes from the past.

Slept great last night and tonight is work. Just when I get back in the groove....grrr....but no use complaining. At least I am able to sleep well on my nights off and make lots of melatonin.

I think BW Cat and Oboe are getting to the point where they are playing and not just snarling at each other. Oboe is not aggressive but he is definitely not submissive. (Kind of like me) Oboe never sleeps in the bed with me, he spends the night in an upholstered chair that I have covered in muslin for that purpose. The other two cats have their spots, but there is plenty of room left. He does, however, visit occasionally.

I hate the nasty upholstered chairs and sofa that came with this place. If I could get rid of them, it would be perfect. Given the open airiness of this apartment, I would like to have outdoor type furniture - a small adirondack chair with cushions, or maybe mission-type furniture. I'm really big on being able to wash stuff.

Well, I'm hungry and it is time to rustle something up.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I agree with PRO on the PT. You're the consumer and if they want your business they will need to cater to your needs. Sorry about the pool schedule, but this may be a good time to stretch into other area's to get your exercise.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My latest thrift store find was a teal micro-fiber knit dress. 3/4 length sleeves(my favorite), deep square neckline, straight cut, ankle-length with a slit up one side to the knee. I wore it out to dinner last night with a jangly belt, felt comfortable, and looked great.

Price?

$1.29!

So far, I have succeeded in NOT making chocolate pots. I fear I will like them too much.

Great on the thrift store find! I've been wearing one of the skirts everywhere. It is very like a skirt I saw in a chi-chi catalog for oh, $80. I'll probably be wearing it all summer. Isn't it great to find something like that?

I can guarantee you will like the chocolate pots too much. How can you not?

Am feeling a little bit ill. Know why? When I came home from the pool and was getting ready to nap, I decided a nice light lunch would be a chocolate pot and a glass of red wine. This was NOT NOT NOT a good choice. My stomach feels as though a group of miniature children are in my stomach, jumping on a miniature trampoline. Yes, I deserve to suffer for my poor choice.